KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Just spotted the Character Encyclopedia with Ceremonial Han Solo as the figure. Not sure if this was known before or not, but no updated picture in the first post yet.

Thanks for sharing this updated image ISC! I'm a fan of these SW DK encyclopedia books and I'm keenly waiting for this new LSW Character Encyclopedia. I really like the choice of Celebration Han as the exclusive fig to be properly paired with the previous Celebration Luke, and it would totally make sense for a future Celebration Leia or even Chewie in the near future.

(Kims slackin' off with the frontpage update!).

Hey, let's cut our Dark Lord some slack. :laugh: First page updated!

Thank you very much for these pictures of the HEB, Lord of the Fries and the encyclopedia, I Scream Clone! :classic:

Ceremony Han isn't totally exciting - but he looks good. :thumbup:

The Hoth Echo Base is really a shame! :thumbdown:

It looks as if it was built by a young child and not by a professional Lego set designer!

When I heard HEB, I immediately was thinking about something similar to the amazing Battle of Endor set. But there are worlds between these two sets! TBoE is a decent building with a huge number of (new) minifigures. In contrast the HEB consists mainly of big holes, a completely sense- and useless crane, no separations between the rooms and no senseful new minifigure (TLG completely ignored our long wish for Major Bren Derlin).

Bad job, TLG! I for sure won't buy this set. It's definately not worth the money.

I doubt whether this set will sell very well: For AFOLs it's only a joke and for JFOLs it's still too expensive.

Let's hope that there'll be a more decent HEB with senseful new minifigures in three years or so!

Surely any new set for this year would have been in the new lego collector book that has just come out?

But the 10188 DS wasn't mentioned in the last collector's book, too, although the General Grievous Statue was.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Poor Chewie didn't get a medal... so no special celebration minifig for him!

According to Wookieepedia, he did get a medal, though it doesn't say why it isn't shown. The comic book adaption of A New Hope states the reason being that Leia was too short to place the medal around Chewie's neck.

In any case, though, I doubt we'd get a Celebration Chewie, if not only because to add a medal to his minifig would require a new mold instead of just a new print.

According to Wookieepedia, he did get a medal, though it doesn't say why it isn't shown. The comic book adaption of A New Hope states the reason being that Leia was too short to place the medal around Chewie's neck.

In any case, though, I doubt we'd get a Celebration Chewie, if not only because to add a medal to his minifig would require a new mold instead of just a new print.

If I had to guess why, it's because it would have been somewhat of a useless scene in the movie. The medals being presented were more about Leia's personal connection with the characters involved, the wink from Han and the smiles with Luke. She didn't have much connection with Chewie besides a hug after Luke/Han destroyed some TIE fighters. The height thing is BS; Chewie could have kneeled or bent over.

Does it matter if Chewie got a medal? Not really. Han was the one who made the decision to go back and he was piloting the ship. I'm more upset that Wedge didn't get a medal, he kicked megablocks in the Battle of Yavin.

We were discussing a fourth figure after the Celebration Leia.

:facepalm:.

Aye, I read this too... was just poking fun at the fact. :wink:

Celebration Chewie would just be... Chewie! Doubt that will happen.

If I had to guess why, it's because it would have been somewhat of a useless scene in the movie. The medals being presented were more about Leia's personal connection with the characters involved, the wink from Han and the smiles with Luke. She didn't have much connection with Chewie besides a hug after Luke/Han destroyed some TIE fighters. The height thing is BS; Chewie could have kneeled or bent over.

Does it matter if Chewie got a medal? Not really. Han was the one who made the decision to go back and he was piloting the ship. I'm more upset that Wedge didn't get a medal, he kicked megablocks in the Battle of Yavin.

Does it matter if Chewie got a medal? Beating down Stormes and shooting up the place? They could never have infiltrated/exited the Death Star as succesfully as they did if it wasn't for Chewie! Maybe we should start another topic on this. With a poll: does Chewie deserve a medal? :laugh:

Swiftly moving on... as mentioned, Jan Dodonna is another character that falls within the celebration theme. That'd be quite cool. But is he as popular a charcter on his own as Luke, Han and Leia though? Definately not. If we get a celebration Leia I think she'll be the last of that mini-theme.

I do agree with that, I was just restating what Wookieepedia said.

Swiftly moving on... as mentioned, Jan Dodonna is another character that falls within the celebration theme. That'd be quite cool. But is he as popular a charcter on his own as Luke, Han and Leia though? Definately not. If we get a celebration Leia I think she'll be the last of that mini-theme.

I agree with that as well. The Celebration Dodonna thing I mentioned was just to show there was still possibility for a fourth exclusive figure that fit within the current theme.

But, but, Chewbacca didn't want to leave Yavin IV in the first place. It's possible that Han had a change of conscience in going back but maybe Chewie just mithered him. Also if Han was flying the Falcon surely that means Chewie shot Vader. - Of course he deserves a medal. :tongue:

Sorry to go off topic.

EDIT: Or do I mean Chewie shot the Tie Fighter that crashed into Vader - it's been a while :wacko:

Edited by Praiter Yed

Surely any new set for this year would have been in the new lego collector book that has just come out?

I don't know about that. The SSD wasn't even shown on the "May the Fourth" promo poster...

I don't know about that. The SSD wasn't even shown on the "May the Fourth" promo poster...

Eyes must have been deceiving me then. :laugh: (thanks to MarvelousRoland for that picture)

UCS_SS1.jpg

What I mean is, if sets like the unreleased black pearl make it into the book, then any SW sets cominig out this year should also. I do say should there. :laugh:

Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, and I haven't seen it in my local Lego store. Thinkgeek.com has a new product listed that is the keychain minifig flashlight, but this one is Darth Vader:

Thanks for sharing this James, first time I've seen this too. The flashlight function is certainly a welcome upgrade of the LSW keychains, having one might prove useful in cases of minor emergency (you'll never know when you'll need one so it's handy to have one).

Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, and I haven't seen it in my local Lego store. Thinkgeek.com has a new product listed that is the keychain minifig flashlight, but this one is Darth Vader:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geek-kids/3-7-years/e7eb/

[snip]

I hadn't seen this yet, either. Thanks for sharing.

I'm not that excited about it, though, seeing as it's the same size as a normal minifig. If it was some odd size then it could be useful in MOCs.

SDCC11: Friday Star Wars Programming Schedule:

10:00-11:00 LEGO Star WarsA behind-the-brick look with the LEGO Star Wars team at how the epic Star Wars story comes together with the creativity and imagination of the LEGO brand. Additionally, be among the first to hear about a special LEGO Star Wars entertainment event, and meet Emmy award-winning writer Michael Price. Also includes Q&A time. Room 7AB

SDCC11: Friday Star Wars Programming Schedule:

10:00-11:00 LEGO Star WarsA behind-the-brick look with the LEGO Star Wars team at how the epic Star Wars story comes together with the creativity and imagination of the LEGO brand. Additionally, be among the first to hear about a special LEGO Star Wars entertainment event, and meet Emmy award-winning writer Michael Price. Also includes Q&A time. Room 7AB

Sounds like the short lego star wars movie "LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace" which is also being screened in the US that very night. :classic:

Not sure if this has been posted.....

Hallmark's Christmas ornament of 3.5" lego Vader coming out in Sept/Oct for $15.99.... I think they look quite cool, it would be great if they extended it to include other Imperial's

link

2011_darth_vader_lego_star_wars_hallmark.jpg

Very nice! Not unlike the Gentle Giant maquette's of a few years ago.

Not sure if this has been posted.....

Hallmark's Christmas ornament of 3.5" lego Vader coming out in Sept/Oct for $15.99.... I think they look quite cool, it would be great if they extended it to include other Imperial's

link

2011_darth_vader_lego_star_wars_hallmark.jpg

Cool yes, I would like one but an evil character on a Christmas tree ? :look:

Cool yes, I would like one but an evil character on a Christmas tree ? :look:

Well, he STARTED OFF 'good'...THEN turned 'evil'...then returned to the 'good' side, so...yeah, sure, why not. :laugh:

Well, he STARTED OFF 'good'...THEN turned 'evil'...then returned to the 'good' side, so...yeah, sure, why not. :laugh:

Yeah, you're right.....for Christmas or Life Day in the Star Wars universe. :wink:

On different note, every year at ComicCon there is a new SW set right, last year OT, previous CW so this year....might I suggest CW again. :wink: We shall see when the show is on. :classic: