KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Nope, but I do have the Podracer set and I'm actually whipping up a review on it.

Awesome! Make sure you don't use that distracting bed sheet again! You know how the members go crazy for it, instead of paying attention to the actual review :laugh:

Is it sure that there will be a second UCS set in 2011 after the Executor SSD? I thought the Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter came out in 2011 - or was this the second UCS set after the Imperial Shuttle (which came out in late summer 2010)?

Lots of possibilities, of course. Would love to see a B-Wing, but I'm satisfied if this comes in 2012 as mentioned before. Any other rumors about this second UCS set? After the size of the Executor, I believe the second UCS will be a bit smaller (say about the size of Obi Wans Starfighter or the UCS Y-Wing).

Is it sure that there will be a second UCS set in 2011 after the Executor SSD? I thought the Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter came out in 2011 - or was this the second UCS set after the Imperial Shuttle (which came out in late summer 2010)?

10215 was a November '10 release.

Thank you all very much for this information and pics! :classic:

1. About the Hoth Echo Base set:

I'm really disappointed about how the Hoth Echo Base looks like - no seperation between the medical room and the control center, a use- and senseless crane (only in order to justify supposably 120 Euros instead of 100 Euros), no Rebel Soldier and no Rebel Officer/General/Major/... to lead the Rebel tropps. The whole base mainly consists of open entrances without any gates, there is no ion cannon and the E-web has already been done that often that I'm tired of it. Again Hoth Han (we already had him (even when without headgear) in the AT-AT last year) and again Chewie (we already get him in the MF) - there really would be a lot of more interesting and much more needed characters (esp. Major Bren Derlin)! R-3PO looks cool - but he is a character of that a minor role that I must say that it is a shame that TLG didn't include Major Bren Derlin (or another Rebel officer) - we wrote here more than often that we want one - so it's really not nice to see that TLG ignored that our wish.

The only good thing I can find in this set is injured Luke, the medical droid, the control center and the medical bay with the Bacta tank.

2. About the UCS SSD:

The SSD looks nice - esp. the interior of the bridge and Admiral Piett. But I neither have the money nore would I buy this set (even if I had the money) since I don't like UCS sets.

I really like that TLG releases a new type of Imperial officer after five years - hopefully he'll be available even in some not that highly expensive sets in the future!

Instead of releasing an UCS SSD, TLG better should have released a more stable version of the last System scale ISD with more and more decent interior and new characters!

3. About another (un)possible exclusive SW set this year:

I can't imagine that there'll be one more exclusive SW set this year. Reason: In the last two years the Winter set was always the set with the last set number of the 10xxx set numbers for that year (10199 Winter Toy Shop, 10217 Winter Village Bakery). But since the Winter Post Office already has the set number 10222, Jabba's Palace (if the rumor of it and that it is 10224 is real) or any other exclusive SW set very likely firstly will be released in 2012.

I could well imagine that in 2012 we see an exclusive SW set already after NY Toy Fair (like the AT-OT in 2009).

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Back on topic: An on-site review of 7964 would be nice, since so many members here have it. :look: Anyone?

Since the Sith Nightspeeder and Infiltrator reviews that I wanted to do are already taken care of I hope I can do something about the frigate tomorrow.

3. About another (un)possible exclusive SW set this year:[/b]

I can't imagine that there'll be one more exclusive SW set this year. Reason: In the last two years the Winter set was always the set with the last set number of the 10xxx set numbers for that year (10199 Winter Toy Shop, 10217 Winter Village Bakery). But since the Winter Post Office already has the set number 10222, Jabba's Palace (if the rumor of it and that it is 10224 is real) or any other exclusive SW set very likely firstly will be released in 2012.

I could well imagine that in 2012 we see an exclusive SW set already after NY Toy Fair (like the AT-OT in 2009).

What do you think?

On the same note LEGO had the tradition of releasing two 10XXX sets every year, since the X-Wing/TIE Interceptor release. Let´s see which traditions beats which.

On the same note LEGO had the tradition of releasing two 10XXX sets every year, since the X-Wing/TIE Interceptor release. Let´s see which traditions beats which.

You're right, Navy Trooper Fenson.

But if so and if the rumor of 10224 Jabba's Palace is right, this would mean that TLG even is going to release a set with the number 10223 this year, too (of course not SW, but from any other theme).

But firstly: What set might that be? And secondly: Don't you think that it's a bit unsupposably that there hasn't been any leak of 10223 (even not the set number mentioned anywhere - apart from any set name, set description or pics) if it already was released still this year?

Klaus-Dieter

You're right, Navy Trooper Fenson.

But if so and if the rumor of 10224 Jabba's Palace is right, this would mean that TLG even is going to release a set with the number 10223 this year, too (of course not SW, but from any other theme).

But firstly: What set might that be? And secondly: Don't you think that it's a bit unsupposably that there hasn't been any leak of 10223 (even not the set number mentioned anywhere - apart from any set name, set description or pics) if it already was released still this year?

Klaus-Dieter

There's no guarantee the next set will be Jabbas Palace or that number. It's more likely they'll release a smaller UCS ship like an A-wing to compliment the larger Executor. Besides, have they ever released a playset in this timeframe?

A-wing would be good choice since 1 took out the SSD :laugh:

I know that this is a bit off-topic, but:

We got only UCS sets as big exclusive SW sets already last year. And one of this year's big Exclusives (if not the only one at all) is again an UCS set.

If TLG went the direction of only releasing two UCS as big Exclusives a year, this would be a huge disappointment! I don't demand that they release no UCS set anymore. But I think one UCS set and one System scale big Exclusive per year would be the best since it would do justice to the UCS fans as well as to the System scale fans.

I don't want to make bad atmosphere - but if there wasn't any System scale Exclusive this year, too (the Hoth Echo Base is only a limited edition set), than this year would - apart from 2005 - be the poorest year for System scaled SW OT fans since Lego SW exists (the Ewok Attack looks like a kid's MOC and the HEB could have been done much, much better - only the MF is an amazing OT set).

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Interesting point, Klaus-Dieter. I hadn't thought of checking the available set numbers other than that 10224 wasn't taken. Though TLG did do a pretty good job of keeping 10215 pretty secret last year until just before SDCC, so it wouldn't be unheard of if there was a 10223 and we didn't know of it right now. I do agree that without another SW OT exclusive, this would be a pretty bad OT year, but with the prequels coming out in 3D in the next few years, I think it might be something we'll be seeing for a little while.

somebody know something about this super pack --> link

i think its new.!

somebody know something about this super pack --> link

i think its new.!

Lego 66395:

It seems to include the Sith Nightspeeder and the 2 actual battlepacks.

Edited by Petit-bleu

Apologies for the double post, but I just realized something regarding the set numbers of exclusives - the Winter Post Office (10222) won't have the highest number of all the exclusives, because 10213 (Shuttle Adventure) was re-released as 10231. This could, of course, just be TLG wanting to keep the numbers similar by just switching the last two digits, but it does make a set numbered 10224 a little bit more plausible.

Normally UCS sets are kept secret until the last moment. Sometimes you get only a name and number but then a week or two before release press release, pics and the such, like with the pet shop in May. Finding out anything, even the names and numbers was a miracle. There is a possibility that there is another set due for release as long as the year isn´t over (or at least a week into November).

Also, the bakery village was the set with the last number of the year but Obi-Wans UCS starfighter was the last released.

The exclusive Star Wars set doesn´t have to be Jabbas palace, but it is in the realm of possibility for all we know (nothing). When the Death Star playset was released the second UCS set was the Grievous statue. It is probably something equally small, TLC still consists of humans and releasing another monster set for several hundread bucks (the palace is supposed to be the counterpart of the Death Star playset, right?) is just overkill.

I know that this is a bit off-topic, but:

We got only UCS sets as big exclusive SW sets already last year. And one of this year's big Exclusives (if not the only one at all) is again an UCS set.[...]

I don't want to make bad atmosphere - but if there wasn't any System scale Exclusive this year, too (the Hoth Echo Base is only a limited edition set), than this year would - apart from 2005 - be the poorest year for System scaled SW OT fans since Lego SW exists (the Ewok Attack looks like a kid's MOC and the HEB could have been done much, much better - only the MF is an amazing OT set).

I think a system set would make a better contestant since it doesn´t need to be that expensive and because of said big UCS waves. LEGO seems to bring balance to UCS set releases. 2009 saw only two system scale 10XXX sets, with the two UCS sets this seems balanced and the same is probably happening with the Executor.

A-wing would be good choice since 1 took out the SSD :laugh:

It certainly wont be to SSD scale, that's impossible :laugh:

Normally UCS sets are kept secret until the last moment. Sometimes you get only a name and number but then a week or two before release press release, pics and the such, like with the pet shop in May. Finding out anything, even the names and numbers was a miracle. There is a possibility that there is another set due for release as long as the year isn´t over (or at least a week into November).

Also, the bakery village was the set with the last number of the year but Obi-Wans UCS starfighter was the last released.

The exclusive Star Wars set doesn´t have to be Jabbas palace, but it is in the realm of possibility for all we know (nothing). When the Death Star playset was released the second UCS set was the Grievous statue. It is probably something equally small, TLC still consists of humans and releasing another monster set for several hundread bucks (the palace is supposed to be the counterpart of the Death Star playset, right?) is just overkill.

Well, you're right, Navy Trooper Fenson.

So there is still hope for an exclusive System scaled OT set this year.

But if it was "only" in the price range of the General Grievous Statue (which was around 70 Euros, wasn't it?), I really would like TLG not to release Jabba's Palace. Jabba's Palace has to be minimum 150 Euros if it is done how it shall be done as an Exclusive: bigger like the previous version, more closed, more rooms with more interior, many minifigs and even some new minifigs.

I don't think that Jabba's Palace should/would be a counterpart of the DS - for that Jabba's Palace doesn't include enough exciting and important rooms and not such a huge number of interesting minifigs.

Imo Cloud City could - and even should - be a counterpart of the DS since it includes many interesting rooms to play and a huge number of excellent old and new characters.

The only thing I think we can be sure is that - if there was another exclusive SW set this year - it for sure won't be more expensive than last year's UCS Imperial Shuttle, supposably even less (I'd imagine 150 Euros).

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

but the imperial shuttle is just the equivalent of the SSD this year so i would say a set around the £100 GBP if there is another one this year.

should they release another Jabba's palace, a must-have will be Rancor and guard. maybe a few of his minions too. and of course the dungeon.

If there will be another exclusive system scaled set it will likely around 100 euro's as USC Obi-Wans starfighter

@ Klaus-Dieter

If released Jabba's Palace should be in the priceline of the Dropship/Imperial Shuttle, say around 250 euro's.

This so it can be done properly, including what you mentioned: bigger like the previous version, more closed, more rooms with more interior, many minifigs and even some new minifigs.

But I think Jabba's palace has a huge amount of minifigures to offer,

just a few interesting from the list on Wookieepedia:

• Jabba
  • Bib Fortuna
  • Salacious B. Crumb
  • Yoxgit (species: Ugnaught) :wub:
  • Malakili (Rancor keeper)
  • Ree-Yees (species: Gran) :wub:
  • Oola (species: Twi'lek, slave dancer) :wub:
  • Leia Organa (as Boushh the bounty hunter or as slave dancer)
  • Luke Skywalker
  • Han Solo (as with the Slave I)
  • Chewbacca (as prisoner Boushh) :sceptic:
  • Lando Calrissian (disguised as Tamtel Skreej to work as guard)
  • Beedo (Rodian, bounty hunter)
  • Boba Fett
  • Gamorrean guards

and there are many more possibilities!

Let's hope TLC will release it next year.

*fingers crossed*

...I think a system set would make a better contestant since it doesn´t need to be that expensive and because of said big UCS waves. LEGO seems to bring balance to UCS set releases. 2009 saw only two system scale 10XXX sets, with the two UCS sets this seems balanced and the same is probably happening with the Executor...

Over the last decade (apart from 2009) Lego's big exclusive/UCS releases have tended to favour UCS builds. But you're right, more recently there does appear to be a balance between the two again, even if its been a wild swing between them the last couple of years. Perhaps some 'normality' will return once more for 2011 and mirror years like 03, 04, 05, 07 and 08. Just so long as we get one UCS a year I'll be happy! :classic:

Although I wouldn't mind another 2002 for UCS releases (three of them back-to-back 'cause TLC couldn't perfect production of the chrome pieces for 10026 in time for a 01 release) but I suspect that would be just plain greedy of me. :blush:

Just don't give me another 2009!!! :sick:

Don't know whether it is true but rumours are UCS A-wing....i will prod my sources in the know and see what they say about it.

Don't know whether it is true but rumours are UCS A-wing....i will prod my sources in the know and see what they say about it.

*huh* That would be absolutely spectacular! Please prod away! It would certainly pair nicely with the SSD.

For those of you interested in where the naboo fighter will turn up in the UK. It is on the Tesco system with a price point of £39.97. As a guess I would say that this is the Tesco exclusive for this year. However the release date for this is the 28th July and if I'm correct their is an update to the plans around this time.

But if it was "only" in the price range of the General Grievous Statue (which was around 70 Euros, wasn't it?), I really would like TLG not to release Jabba's Palace. Jabba's Palace has to be minimum 150 Euros if it is done how it shall be done as an Exclusive: bigger like the previous version, more closed, more rooms with more interior, many minifigs and even some new minifigs.

I agree. Unless TLG is pulling off another 8038, Jabba's Palace would need to be in that extra-big range. Although if they included all the minifigs and creatures with a MegaBloky palace at $100, it wouldn't be so bad for me personally as I could build my own.

but the imperial shuttle is just the equivalent of the SSD this year so i would say a set around the £100 GBP if there is another one this year.

I agree with that.

Interesting... that's the same as the previous guy who predicted a UCS set. He said B-wing or A-wing.