KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

I though UCS sets...well most of them are display only. Has anyone considered the minifigs as a bonus to be displayed on their own. Maybe if Lego does this again in future, perhaps a mini-vig containing said figures but seperate from the actual UCS craft. But this mini-vig would also be a stand for the sign that comes with every UCS.

Just a though anyway. :classic:

May the brick be with you ! :grin:

I think we're talking about the interior, not the minifigures. And 10221 already has a UCS plaque.

I think we're talking about the interior, not the minifigures. And 10221 already has a UCS plaque.

Well, take the interior and make a stand for the plaque....a snap shot of a scene from a film that contained that UCS and sit the plaque above or long side of it...simple and problem solved. :wink:

Well, take the interior and make a stand for the plaque....a snap shot of a scene from a film that contained that UCS and sit the plaque above or long side of it...simple and problem solved. :wink:

Huh? The problem is one of the two when displaying it.

A: Leave the top off of the ship to show the bridge scene, but the ship itself will look awful being open. People who don't know Star Wars will think the ship is very small thinking the figures are to scale with the ship. As fallenangel showed earlier, you would never display the Tantive IV with the top off, it looks awful.

or

B: Leave the ship with the top on, but now you're paying for extra pieces that won't be shown. The overall outside design suffers because of wasted pieces being used on the inside. To make matters worse, this ends any chance of getting a cheaper bridge playset with bounty hunter minifigs that may never be made now.

It will likely come with a plaque, but if not, whatever. That's just a sticker that can be recreated. My hope is that the scene is a box that will lift out of the ship not affecting the look of the ship when removed. That way the scene can be placed next to the ship instead of inside it. Still a waste of pieces but better than the alternative.

It will likely come with a plaque, but if not, whatever. That's just a sticker that can be recreated. My hope is that the scene is a box that will lift out of the ship not affecting the look of the ship when removed. That way the scene can be placed next to the ship instead of inside it. Still a waste of pieces but better than the alternative.

Let's hope it will look better than their last attempt.

EDIT: But 10144 wasn't aimed at AFOLs, so I really shouldn't be complaining, and who would actually display their 10144 like that anyway?

Edited by fallenangel309

Let's hope it will look better than their last attempt.

I don't get your point, the playability box removed easily without hindering the integrity or the design of the model. It was also integrated well into the model, overall making a nice set which appeals to the two sides of the spectrum of lego buyers.

And the Sandcrawler wasn't a UCS, therefore all these arguments about what should be in a UCS set do not apply to it. Perhaps TLG just didn't concentrate on integrating the playable box into that set as much as they could have simply because it was a System set.

... My hope is that the scene is a box that will lift out of the ship not affecting the look of the ship when removed. That way the scene can be placed next to the ship instead of inside it. Still a waste of pieces but better than the alternative.

That would work for me also.

Preserve the exterior and allow the customer to choose how the set is to be used regarding an interior. This would easily bridge a wider demographic of AFOL, maintaining the 'established traditions' of the UCS label and broadening it enough to attract minifig system set fans as well. It becomes both 'display and play' appealing to individual collectors and families- something Lego can only win from financially.

Sure it will cost more for the dedicated UCS collector and they'll have some spare pieces for the MOC pile but they didn't get into this aspect of the hobby because it was cheap.... or for that matter because of an interest in compromised design.

Edited by Aeroeza

And the Sandcrawler wasn't a UCS, therefore all these arguments about what should be in a UCS set do not apply to it. Perhaps TLG just didn't concentrate on integrating the playable box into that set as much as they could have simply because it was a System set.

Bitching and an all-round sense of entitlement are a big part of the Star Wars AFOL fanbase apparently. Half the fallenangel posts I've seen are nitpicking with some hyperlinked JPG.

Bitching and an all-round sense of entitlement are a big part of the Star Wars AFOL fanbase apparently. Half the fallenangel posts I've seen are nitpicking with some hyperlinked JPG.

While we may have differing opinions on certain members, let's try to keep the discussion here healthy and focused on the subject at hand - the 2011 SW sets. Shall we? :classic:

@Bane: Thanks for sharing that review link, it's the first "2nd-wave" set I've seen reviewed and I hope we'll see similar reviews here in EB soon.

Amazon.co.uk had the new sets on their site last week all with a release date of August 1st, but now they've gone! I'm still concerned we won't see them in June.

AFOL's spend a lot of money on sets and they get NO SAY on the sets TLG chooses to make and how they're built, even when they're targeted for AFOL's like the UCS line. We just show up with cash and buy whatever overpriced ship they throw out there...and you say we have to do it smiling?

Edited by StoutFiles

@KielDaMan: you're welcome :)

I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed of this set. It's small and expensive, the only reason to buy it would be the cute Ewoks - and iirc the star wars community doesn't really like those little bears :laugh:

That tree was designed as a little toy with 'playing features' for kids. The design is ugly, it's not the kind of tree you would put in a diorama. At this price (27€), a second Scout with speeder would have been appropriate.

If I get a hand on a summer wave set, I'm sure I'll find the time to make a nice review.. :wink:

Greetings

-Bane

Using Neilsen Book data - the industry wide database for booksellers - Publication dates for the DK Star Wars Character book are :- UK + Europe 3rd October, US 17th October. There seems to be a different ISBN for the US compared to the rest of the world, but the descriptions are currently the same.

Kaitan

Here's the first Ewok Attack review, if it hasn't been already posted: http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/showthread.php?t=23906

Nar it not good, the set not the review :laugh:. Another Speederbike redesign *sigh* have any two sets have the same make of speeder or is it redesigned each time? The Scout trooper is the same as the one from the BOE and the Ewoks might look nice if you like that kinda thing (silly fat teddy bears :devil: ), still it will go lovely with 7127,7128, 7139, 7657, and 8038 for a giant Battle of Endor.

Just found some news on the net. German Galeria-Kaufhof has the new

7961 Sith Infiltrator (69,99 €) and the

7965 Millennium Falcon (149,99 €)

on their webshop. Yesterday the sets were neither online nor in the store.

With other merchandise, we could have a say on how we wanted it produced and style by boycotting crappy models. But with LEGO, they may simply discontinue UCS and focus only on smaller sets more for kids. :/

I was going to edit that point in later because I forgot when I posted it. Oops.

If you have a problem with someone you can send them a PM by clicking on the magnifying glass next to their username and pressing the button on the bottom of the window that pops up.

Edited by fallenangel309

Agreed.... I was hoping for a flesh colored fez.......ugh

That would have been worse. Mundi really needs his own mold to look even slightly good. I don't really see the hate for this mold actially- it looks pretty good to me.

AFOL's spend a lot of money on sets and they get NO SAY on the sets TLG chooses to make and how they're built, even when they're targeted for AFOL's like the UCS line. We just show up with cash and buy whatever overpriced ship they throw out there...and you say we have to do it smiling?

I can sympathize with your pain but at the same time Lego is not forcing anyone to buy its sets. Personally I buy a commodity because it makes me happy and gives me pleasure. If it doesn't I don't buy it. TLG can choose to do as they please. It doesn't have an obligation to ask anyone about what to make or how to make it. Sorry to sound harsh but it's the truth. :classic:

That would have been worse. Mundi really needs his own mold to look even slightly good. I don't really see the hate for this mold actially- it looks pretty good to me.

Don't tell the others, but... I agree :grin:

Can't say the build as a whole of Ewok Attack looks that great, but it could be a nice source of brown and green and the minifigs alone are enough reason for me to buy it.

As for Mundi... I still think the best solution was the double-tall head from LSW I. Simple, classic LEGO look right there.