KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

So the Hoth set is real?

Sweet! hope there will be a taun taun!

Can't wait for some pictures now :classic:

The new Hoth set is sounding good and will ba after is as I missed the 2007 version. I'd like to see Luke on a Tauntaun but he is in the Bacta tank so I dont think this is possable. We had the command centre on the 2007 version so maybe there wil be a hanger bay, corrodoors and med bay. Would also like another probe droid, Leia in Hoth cloths and snow covered Chewie :cry_happy: (maybe printed white snow on him, as every Chewie is the same in every set ever apart from plastic colour).

Finally! Just when I was thinking it was a lost cause. The bacta tank sounds good- I hope it comes with the medical droid. Also, Wes Janson would be nice- he's the only on-screen pilot seen at Hoth we don't have yet. Obviously we need Derlin, and maybe Dash Rendar as a bonus.

Here's what I'm thinking it will include:

1-2 halls

Command Center

Med Bay

Small hanger

Hoth Solo

Hoth Leia

Car Crash Hoth Luke

Pilot Luke (?)

Hoth (?) Chewie

Major Derlin

Wes Janson

1 Pilot (Zev? Dack? Wedge?)

1-2 Rebel Troops

1-2 Snowtroops

Darth Vader

Wampa

Tauntaun

The Legonater, I completely agree with you concerning the 1-2 Rebel Troopers, the 1-2 Snow Troopers, Hoth Leia and Major Bren.

But don't forget the red 3PO and hurt Luke.

Wes Janson is possible as well as Vader. If there is a Snowspeeder included, I bet (although I don't wish) that we won't get any new pilots but again Luke and Dack.

For the Wampa and Hoth Han I see absolutely no chance to be included in this set: They were already included in the Wampa Cave and the AT-AT last year.

And if there is a Snowspeeder included, I think the chance to get a Tauntaun is 1:1.

Since this set will supposably be a hard to find item but no Exclusive, I bet that there'll be one vehicle included: If the set shall be an addition to the older Hoth Rebel Base or the Wampa Cave, I'd go for an AT-ST. If the set shall be an addition to last year's AT-AT, I'd go for a Snowspeeder.

As for the base itself: A medical room is for sure if the information about the Bacta Tank is right. There were two control panels in the Hoth Rebel Base, but really no decent command center. So I bet there'll be a small but nevertheless more decent command center, too. And there of course will be some sort of hangar - suppoably again a big gate.

I personally even hope that they'll include the ion cannon (of course resized - otherwise it'd be too huge) and a small white transport vehicle (like seen in the movie) to transport some pilots, weapons and cargo stuff.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Well, if there were a walker included, I think it would have been mentioned. That sort of thing would probably stand out in a Hoth set. Also, I doubt TLG would include an AT-ST in a Hoth set, because A) they have always released them based on Endor, and B) people usually associate AT-ATs with Hoth, so it would seem confusing.

Yeah, good point. The AT-ST in the Battle of Endor set was probably one of the major reasons I didn't buy the set though, as I already had one and the price might not have been justified (though I didn't see the set that often even if I did want to get it anyway).

A Snowspeeder might be okay, but again if this is a large set, I'd rather have the piece count go towards extra rooms and physical features.

(Though to contradict everything I've just said, if I did manage to find the Battle of Endor, I would probably buy it. :tongue:)

I agree that an AT-ST is an unlikely move as it will probably just cause 'Where the heck was that?' comments with the target audience. A T-47 makes much more sense, and I like the idea of a base transport speeder to go along with it. Although if TLG decides to include an AT-ST, I hope they decide to make it (however unlikely) a Blizzard Force AT-ST and not another normal one.

Hey guys. I'm new here so I was wondering will the new June sets be released a month early if you know what I mean? I'm sorry if its been mentioned before but I dont want to look through 514 pages. :sweet:

Yes, the source is very reliable. I won't want to put up fake info to get us Star Wars fans excited for nothing. Like I said, it was a quick glance, so I can't provide you a date of release and price. All I can remember was this looks to be a big set, say "Battle of Endor" size set? Has tonnes of minifigs (some rebels hopefully Major Bren is one of them). I only mentioned the Bacta Tank and the Red C-3PO in my previous post because that's the 2 things that stood out. The rest of the set looks very much like the continuation of 7666 Hoth Rebel Base. When I looked at the pic, the thought of combining these 2 sets to make a huge Echo Base came into my mind.

I'm sorry I can't provide more information. I can't remember clearly the stuff I wasn't paying attention to. But for the Bacta Tank and Red C-3PO, it's solid.

That's great news! :thumbup: I was hoping for a big set and this sounds really interesting.

I'm pretty sure that a Snowspeeder and at least one Tauntaun will be included too. The T-47 is by far the most memorable Rebel vehicle on Hoth and perfectly fits the role that the AT-ST had in 8038. As for the Tauntaun, TLG already have the mold and they were shown in the Base often enough.

And if Luke's in the Bacta tank, maybe we'll get new pilots and not just Luke and Dak. :classic:

It could be an AT-PT. :thumbup:

I doubt it. That would cause more 'Where the heck was that?' comments than a Blizzard Force AT-ST would.

Hey guys. I'm new here so I was wondering will the new June sets be released a month early if you know what I mean? I'm sorry if its been mentioned before but I dont want to look through 514 pages. :sweet:

Most likely not.

I don't recall ever seeing a red protocol droid in SW. Hopefully it will be dark red (like the reference image) rather than just red, but I'm so keen to get more protocol droids I'd be happy with a pink one.

According to Wookieepedia, 3PO-series protocol droids come in gold, silver, white, red, black, jade, blue, blue and gold, green, purple, and grey. R-3PO was a red droid present at Echo Base.

Maybe TLG will surprise us and not include a T-47, after-all they didn't go for the usual glider/catapult combo in 7956 Ewok Attack.

But they went for that in 8038.

I don't recall ever seeing a red protocol droid in SW. Hopefully it will be dark red (like the reference image) rather than just red, but I'm so keen to get more protocol droids I'd be happy with a pink one. Maybe TLG will surprise us and not include a T-47, after-all they didn't go for the usual glider/catapult combo in 7956 Ewok Attack. I wonder if Luke will get the standard naked male torso or something less ripped. I know it's too early to speculate but I can't wait to see this set.

I agree this set will be a winner! With all the fabulous mocs of it it must be good.

I thinking with Wampa Cave being so recent. I imagine it will have a T-47 but it'd be nice to have surprise instead.

Oh I agree. We don't really need another Snowspeeder, and if it means some other smaller vehicles, I'll gladly let go of it for, say, two Tauntauns and a probe droid.

Plus you all know I detest TLG's T-47 just as fallenangel does their T-65. :laugh:

Well, LEGO went ahead and created a better, much more complex AT-ST for the Battle of Endor, so maybe the will actually give us a better, more complex T-47 in this set. The AT-ST wasn't perfect, but it surprised me how much better and more complicated it was than the past AT-ST's, so maybe a completely redone Snowspeeder is in the works if this truly is a Battle of Endor size set.

The Battle of Endor set has to be one of the best Star Wars sets in quite a while (at least for me), and possibly the best SW playset period, so maybe this Hoth set will follow closely in its footsteps. I would be very happy if it did.

Yes, the source is very reliable. I won't want to put up fake info to get us Star Wars fans excited for nothing. Like I said, it was a quick glance, so I can't provide you a date of release and price. All I can remember was this looks to be a big set, say "Battle of Endor" size set? Has tonnes of minifigs (some rebels hopefully Major Bren is one of them). I only mentioned the Bacta Tank and the Red C-3PO in my previous post because that's the 2 things that stood out. The rest of the set looks very much like the continuation of 7666 Hoth Rebel Base. When I looked at the pic, the thought of combining these 2 sets to make a huge Echo Base came into my mind.

I'm sorry I can't provide more information. I can't remember clearly the stuff I wasn't paying attention to. But for the Bacta Tank and Red C-3PO, it's solid.

Oh, a big thanks - you made this one happy :sweet:

A Taun-Taun for recon and Bren Derlin to oppose Veers would be very nice. If it's true that the set follows the 'Battle of Endor' footsteps, i would be highly pleased and buy it for sure. BoE is the single best SW playset TLG has done so far. Owning just one T-47 via the Wampa Cave, getting some backup would be ok. I hope for the existing design because it would look a little weird if every unit in a collection were different, imo.

In general a big 7879 with many features would vertainly give a second wind to sales of other Hoth sets, especially the AT-AT and BPs, i guess. :wink:

Call me a nerd but i have a fairly precise imagination of how the bacta tank will look like. And 2-1B will certainly join the party. :classic:

Well, LEGO went ahead and created a better, much more complex AT-ST for the Battle of Endor, so maybe the will actually give us a better, more complex T-47 in this set. The AT-ST wasn't perfect, but it surprised me how much better and more complicated it was than the past AT-ST's, so maybe a completely redone Snowspeeder is in the works if this truly is a Battle of Endor size set.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm not sure what can be changed with the Snowspeeder, though. With the Battle of Endor, the last AT-ST released was in 2007 (which is the one I own), so there has been a gap of two years or so between the latest standalone AT-ST and the one in the Battle of Endor. Obviously, the newer one is more accurate, but for some reason I prefer the more blocky 2007 one.

The Snowspeeder, though, doesn't really have anything that can be changed from my viewpoint. The next step is to probably go bigger. :tongue:

Edit: Why is the Battle of Endor $180? Oh well, looks like I won't be getting it after all.

Edited by Delta 38

I doubt it but could there be a y-wing with the hoth set?

Canonically, yes. In practice, probably not. Most people do not think 'Hoth' when they see a Y-wing, and Y-wings don't have any major scenes at Echo Base.

Plus you all know I detest TLG's T-47 just as fallenangel does their T-65. :laugh:

Considering that it's a child's toy I don't think TLG have made such a bad representation... actually, let's not go there. :grin:

The Battle of Endor set has to be one of the best Star Wars sets in quite a while (at least for me), and possibly the best SW playset period, so maybe this Hoth set will follow closely in its footsteps. I would be very happy if it did.

Agreed, if Lego can make the Hoth set as good as The Battle of Endor I will be one happy AFOLSW.

Call me a nerd but i have a fairly precise imagination of how the bacta tank will look like. And 2-1B will certainly join the party. :classic:

You nerd. :laugh:

I agree that an AT-ST is an unlikely move as it will probably just cause 'Where the heck was that?' comments with the target audience. A T-47 makes much more sense, and I like the idea of a base transport speeder to go along with it. Although if TLG decides to include an AT-ST, I hope they decide to make it (however unlikely) a Blizzard Force AT-ST and not another normal one.

Is there anything that distinguishes a Blizzard Force AT-ST from a "normal" one, other than the proportions? (I know I don't seem like someone who would ask that, but since you mentioned it I am genuinely curious.)

I agree with you on the AT-ST; however, I can't help but think that as LEGO has successfully marketed the 4500 design four times now they wouldn't feel the need to change it (in spite of the fact that it's absolutely warped).

Obviously, the newer one is more accurate, but for some reason I prefer the more blocky 2007 one.

Might have something to do with this...

I doubt it but could there be a y-wing with the hoth set?

There could. We haven't had one since '07 (though LEGO will probably reuse the 7658 design, seeing how many people seem to like it).

Considering that it's a child's toy I don't think TLG have made such a bad representation... actually, let's not go there. :grin:

That's subjective. :wink:

With all the fabulous mocs of it it must be good.

too-funny-lol-cat.JPG

Is there anything that distinguishes a Blizzard Force AT-ST from a "normal" one, other than the proportions? (I know I don't seem like someone who would ask that, but since you mentioned it I am genuinely curious.)

Shaping's a little different. The studio model from Empire looks like this.

Shaping's a little different. The studio model from Empire looks like this.

Yeah, that's basically what I meant. It doesn't seem like it would make that big of a difference for LEGO (though if that were to happen, I'm sure there would be someone on this forum who's going to say, "What's up with that AT-ST? :sick: " :laugh: )

How come no one is suggesting a Rebel transport (GR-75) with the Hoth set? That's a ship that will likely never be made otherwise. I'd rather have the set be expensive and include this.

How come no one is suggesting a Rebel transport (GR-75) with the Hoth set? That's a ship that will likely never be made otherwise. I'd rather have the set be expensive and include this.

Now that you mention it, you're right. I mean, it's not like it wouldn't be the perfect chance to throw in Hoth trooper minifigures...

Edited by fallenangel309