KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Some of the comments in this thread have been terrible.

First one to throw it into 10143 gets a medal* and possibly a straitjacket

*No Medal included.

Someone HAS to do this now. Then cut away to Ackbar smiling.

Just did some quick calculations. :tongue:

I count approx 156 studs along the near side (I counted past the 12x6 plates, then estimated the rest). At 8mm per stud this is about 124.8cm.

It's at an estimated 20 degree angle to the centre (30 degree plate, angled down), which puts it at 132.8cm long.

Taking into account my estimations, and margin of error, I think it's fairly safe to assume that it is between 130-140cm long. This thing is a monster. :D

Just do Pythagore :

( 150^2 + (29 or 30)^2 )^(1/2) = 152,8 L (average)

152,8 x 0,8 = 122,2 cm.

1.22 meters.

I'm looking at the pic of the Super Star Destroyer and the only thing that comes to my mind is:

IT'S A TRAP!

Could it be this photo is the remains of April Fool in the Lego.com cache?

I mean we never got a UCS Star Wars set with minifigs. Why did they change it? At this scale it doesn't make sense at all.

And looking at the selection of minifigs I have more doubts: A really weird selection, don't you think? Bounty hunters? Why on earth?

No, I don't think this will ever be a new UCS set.

Sorry, guys.

I'm looking at the pic of the Super Star Destroyer and the only thing that comes to my mind is:

I mean we never got a UCS Star Wars set with minifigs.this will ever be a new UCS set.

Sorry, guys.

Hm the Falcon, and Imperial Shuttle never happened :laugh:, but I agree at this scale figs are stupid, a bridge playset with the crewpits and a DV meditation room (al la Home One) would suit these figs not standing next to a tiny version of the imperial flagship.

And looking at the selection of minifigs I have more doubts: A really weird selection, don't you think? Bounty hunters? Why on earth?

Seriously? I assume you have never watched The Empire Strikes Back...

bounty%20.jpg

I really like this UCS, but is far away of my price range :cry_sad:

does anybody know where on brickshelf the pictures in a lego mag with prototypes of the 10175, speeder bike and SSD, FBTB had them years ago and i have lost the link.

never mind i found it lol

superstardestroyerdesigngroup.jpg

Seriously? I assume you have never watched The Empire Strikes Back...

Ouch - I never should have gotten into this topic here.

No wonder you would teach a Star Trek guy like me what Star Wars is about. :laugh:

But seriously, I have seen TESB, but I did not recall all those bounty hunters to be part of Episode V. :blush:

Still the figs don't fit. Basta! :tongue:

The inclusion of minifigures is what bothers me in the first place. LEGO's non-minifigure scaled sets rarely include minifigures, and the fact that they've stuck a bunch of rare characters there is going to screw up the great price-to-parts deals you typically get with these. Not to mention that they probably used the minifigures as an excuse to skimp on the model itself. :thumbdown:

You really like trying to rip people's posts apart don't you? Your argument really isn't related to my complaint that a Zuckuss and 4-LOM weren't included. I personally wouldn't buy a SW set with out minifigures unless it's a Mini or a Midi of a ship I like. Since TLG had to include figures couldn't it have at least be a new character? If the fact that you will have to pay more because of the figures why don't you just buy one off of Bricklink that the figures have been taken from instead of ranting on about it? :sceptic: Think back to when TLG released an UCS set without figures. I honestly can't think of any recent ones except the JSF. The figures make the set easier to sell. I really don't think that the figures are used as an excused to skimp on the ship. Actually that means there would have to be interior detailing for the figures. Which in turn would add features shown in ESB.

Everybody's too busy watching THE Clone Wars to remember it. :hmpf_bad:

No, actually they can't remember the exact ship that appeared for a few seconds in a film that they probably haven't re-watched for months. :hmpf_bad:

JCC1004: Vader specifically requested that the Executor (a type of star dreadnought, not an Imperator-class Star Destroyer) be moved out of the asteroid field so that there would be a clear transmission while he communicated with the Emperor in Empire.

I do now recall a Super Star Destroyer going though the asteroids with a few Star Destroyers. One's bridge get's destroyed by a large asteroid and you witness transmission cut from that Star Destroyer on the Super Star Destroyer.

However Boba Fett's Slave I was in the garbage dump of a Star Destroyer. The same one that the Falcon was parked on the back of the bridge. So Fett took the Slave I over to this other Star Destroyer and put it in with the trash so he could follow Solo?

However though, the bounty hunters where on the bridge of the Executor. My mistake. You don't have to be mean about it though. :hmpf_bad:

LEGO_facepalm.gif Really?

When did Lucas edit the Executor out of Empire?

However Boba Fett's Slave I was in the garbage dump of a Star Destroyer. The same one that the Falcon was parked on the back of the bridge. So Fett took the Slave I over to this other Star Destroyer and put it in with the trash so he could follow Solo?

Yup. The Avenger was only a short shuttle flight away. (it only takes a couple seconds for the TIE/sh to fly Captain Needa between the two ships)

Bounty hunters were on the Executor in Empire. End of story. A bit off-topic.

I for one, and very sure Dengar will have a new face, 100% sure he's getting the PoP hood, and and positive he's getting a new torso. The old on was very dated compared to the new details.

Good news on a possible new UCS set. I am interested in trying to figure out which set this would replace as I have had to wait a few years to purchase the sets I like. Would this likely mean either the Death Star or Tantive would be discontinued? Thanks in advance for any educated guesses.

You really like trying to rip people's posts apart don't you? Your argument really isn't related to my complaint that a Zuckuss and 4-LOM weren't included. I personally wouldn't buy a SW set with out minifigures unless it's a Mini or a Midi of a ship I like. Since TLG had to include figures couldn't it have at least be a new character? If the fact that you will have to pay more because of the figures why don't you just buy one off of Bricklink that the figures have been taken from instead of ranting on about it? :sceptic: Think back to when TLG released an UCS set without figures. I honestly can't think of any recent ones except the JSF. The figures make the set easier to sell. I really don't think that the figures are used as an excused to skimp on the ship. Actually that means there would have to be interior detailing for the figures. Which in turn would add features shown in ESB.

I assume they'll save those two for a bridge scene set in the future. We're getting a new Dengar and probably a new fig in Piett so oh well.

IT'S A TRAP!

Could it be this photo is the remains of April Fool in the Lego.com cache?

I mean we never got a UCS Star Wars set with minifigs. Why did they change it? At this scale it doesn't make sense at all.

No, I don't think this will ever be a new UCS set.

Sorry, guys.

It would have to have been a very lame April Fools joke if we didn't hear about it until the 12-th.

It's incredible people on a star wars Lego forum have not seen the star wars films...

You mean Luke Skywalker was in Star Wars?!? Since when?!

Darth what now?

I understand not remembering really obscure stuff (Both PT and OT) but not things like Vader's Personal capital ship.

Loads of memorable scenes happen there (the FIRST, I repeat FIRST appearance of Boba Fett (Well technically second, but no one likes the holiday special)"We don't need their scum/No disintegrations." Vader force choking several admirals. First appearance of the Emperor, seeing Vader without his helmet, "Intensify the forward firepower." ) The star destroyers aren't named in the film so people can't moan about that.

I mean we never got a UCS Star Wars set with minifigs.

Sandcrawler, Falcon, Shuttle, Death Star, Dropship/AT-OT, Cloud city.

It's only since Lego released Play-set style UCS sets. The minifigures don't bother me, I only display sets anyway. All the Figures will work their way into my Minifigure boxes.

Edited by simonjedi

Sorry that it came across as harsh. Effective argumentation mandates denunciation of counterclaims (though you’re right in that I wasn’t very good at that).

As far as I am concerned, LEGO sets are built to a certain price point, so every time you stick in a minifigure you lose the opportunity for a better build (especially with minifigures being as detailed as they are nowadays) . For example, if they had not included the entire Classic lineup with 6212 X-wing I’m sure the $50 price point would have allowed them to make that set look a lot better.

An interior in a display model doesn’t really count as great use of pieces anyway. Kind of like why there’s no cockpit in 10174; no one’s going to rip apart a perfectly good model to show off some dinky playset interior. What’s more,in several cases the recent attention to minifigures almost seems to undermine attention to the constructed models themselves (something that is quite evident in 7965).

For the record, I don’t buy UCS sets because, as someone who appreciates the studio miniatures over toys I wouldn’t be able to hold my head up around here if I spent $200+ on a very deformed rendition. (It’s not too obvious in this as far as I can see, but with sets like 10175 and 10129…)

It's incredible people on a star wars Lego forum have not seen the star wars films...

THIS!

Darth what now?

I understand not remembering really obscure stuff (Both PT and OT) but not things like Vader's Personal capital ship.

Loads of memorable scenes happen there (the FIRST, I repeat FIRST appearance of Boba Fett (Well technically second, but no one likes the holiday special)"We don't need their scum/No disintegrations." Vader force choking several admirals. First appearance of the Emperor, seeing Vader without his helmet, "Intensify the forward firepower." ) The star destroyers aren't named in the film so people can't moan about that.

But I think you can tell, in the scene where, like, 10 star destroyers are overshadowed by the uber huge one.

Loads of memorable scenes happen there (the FIRST, I repeat FIRST appearance of Boba Fett (Well technically second, but no one likes the holiday special)

Only if you don't watch in chronological order :devil:, if people want to watch them backwards or miss some out, fine by me, but it is his first appearance in terms of our dates.

Sandcrawler, Falcon, Shuttle, Death Star, Dropship/AT-OT, Cloud city.

Only the Falcon and Imperial Shuttle out of these is a UCS, the others are just sets.

Edited by Mr Man

Only if you don't watch in chronological order :devil:, if people want to watch them backwards or miss some out, fine by me, but it is his first appearance in terms of our dates.

Well yeah, but He's a non character in 2 and has a pointless cameo in a pointless scene in 4.

Last thing i'm saying about that we're dawning into a PT and SE vs OT debate.

I wonder if there really IS an interior to our new super star destroyer. Its never been done before, has it? I think I heard someone say it hasnt. I dont know why LEGO would start doing it. I wouldnt be too accurate like they did with the regular star destroyer (Not UCS). Only proof I can think of that there is an interior is that-

A- There are figs. (Probobly not the reason because I just recalled the UCS Millemium Falcon which had figs but I dont know If it had an interior [i know the minifigs could be put in the copit and there was the entrance/exit platform.])

B- Inside the studs are facing up as someone else mentioned (But of course aperrantly they are angled if I remember correctly.)

So all-in-all, there can be no way theres an interior. I may be proved wrong but Im just saying, UCS sets arent made for playability. Theyre for collecting so I think they included minifigs like they did with the UCS Falcon. Theres the evidence I showed you, but apparently I put why the evidence is not true which I guess doesnt make it evidence, just more yes' and no's. Really Ill admit I made a pretty big deal of something thats pretty obvious but dont blame me Im always like that :laugh: . Well... despite the time a huge fire broke out and was like 300 feet away from my house and what did I do? Did I call 911? No I stare there and looked out the window and said "heh heh cool a fire" and calmly drinking a cup of orange juice... but Ill save the whole story for a nother time, not that its really long.

As far as I am concerned, LEGO sets are built to a certain price point, so every time you stick in a minifigure you lose the opportunity for a better build (especially with minifigures being as detailed as they are nowadays) . For example, if they had not included the entire Classic lineup with 6212 X-wing I’m sure the $50 price point would have allowed them to make that set look a lot better.

An interior in a display model doesn’t really count as great use of pieces anyway. Kind of like why there’s no cockpit in 10174; no one’s going to rip apart a perfectly good model to show off some dinky playset interior. What’s more,in several cases the recent attention to minifigures almost seems to undermine attention to the constructed models themselves (something that is quite evident in 7965).

I think its more likely that Lego builds a set that they think looks good, then adds figs (if need be) to bump it into another price point. The x-wing for example, they likely realized they could sell just as many at $50 as they could at $40 so they added a few figs to make it "worth it." I doubt they ever decide "we want this set to have 5 figs so lets remove some bricks" after the set has been designed.

Another example would be the forthcoming (exclusive i think?) Mace Windu starfighter. They could have released it as a $25 set, but they already have another set just like it (more or less) and by adding the Droids and STAPs (or whatever they are) it "bumps" it into another price point.

The only element which interests me in this set is the possible new Imp. Officer (but I surely will never buy the set nevertheless):

He has a black belt. The regular Imp. Officer as well as the one with the Hoth armor have not black but grey belts.

So either this officer has the torso of Grand Moff Tarkin or TLG is going to release a new torso printing.

If it's a new type of Imp. Officer, I really hope that this minifig will be included in a System scaled OT set in the near future, too. Otherwise I would get very angry (since then I would never have the chance to get one).

Klaus-Dieter