KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Has anyone else noticed the Droidekas legs seem to be in the wrong postition?

I thought there was supposed to be a leg coming out the back, not front.

Ya, I noticed that too. They just have it on wrong. Droidekas have one leg at the back and two at the sides.

I'll say it again, the characters in the new MF are connected with the death of Obi Wan which don't feature the droids as much, but do we really need anymore R2-D2's ? :laugh:

Also I don't like the new astromechs at all. The dome piece is ugly in bley and all of the new astromechs I have seen are badly misprinted :sick:

I miss the old part. :sadnew:

same goes for the body, less detailed than the first ones.

I better jump on getting R2-R7, R2-D5 & R5-D4 they are gone forever now. :thumbdown:

Also I don't like the new astromechs at all. The dome piece is ugly in bley and all of the new astromechs I have seen are badly misprinted :sick:

I better jump on getting R2-R7, R2-D5 & R5-D4 they are gone forever now. :thumbdown:

There was no R2-D5, it's actually R2-Q5. They just misprinted the name on the ISD.

Ya, I noticed that too. They just have it on wrong. Droidekas have one leg at the back and two at the sides.

I saw that too, it makes the droid look kinda awkward...

I hope it's just a preliminary goof up.

I'd have too disagree. In fact, I'd like to replace all of my old R2s (and R-whatever(s)) with the updated versions. The head has much more printing than the old ones, though the body remains the same (on the OT/PT ones). I think you're confusing them with the TCW ones which have less detailing on the head/body and have a darker head. This is so it fits with the cartoon-ish style of the rest of the TCW figures which it does rather well IMO. New OT/PT, New TCW, and the old R2s. (couldn't find normal R2 so it's the serving tray version). IMO, there's a clear difference in detailing. The new ones look way better.

:classic: 100th post! I'm now officially a Citizen! Yay! :classic:

Edited by Cad Bane

I'd have too disagree. In fact, I'd like to replace all of my old R2s (and R-whatever(s)) with the updated versions. The head has much more printing than the old ones, though the body remains the same (on the OT/PT ones). I think you're confusing them with the TCW ones which have less detailing on the head/body and have a darker head. This is so it fits with the cartoon-ish style of the rest of the TCW figures which it does rather well IMO. New OT/PT, New TCW, and the old R2s. (couldn't find normal R2 so it's the serving tray version). IMO, there's a clear difference in detailing. The new ones look way better.

I agree. I prefer the new Astromech heads as the printing is larger and closer to the scale of the actual Astromech. Still a bit divided on the printing of the Clone Wars Astromechs, especially as most of mine are misprinted, but Astromechs are Astromechs, right? :classic:

I don't have the new kind. I have two old R2-D2's (X-Wing Fighter & Jabba's Message). But I do think the new one looks a lot better.

There was no R2-D5, it's actually R2-Q5. They just misprinted the name on the ISD.

haha I didn't know that the Bricklink catalog has mislead me. :oh:

my humble opinion on any new astromech remains unchanged. :wink:

but Astromechs are Astromechs, right?

well said.

The new Naboo fighter is average I would have to agree, chrome would have been nice but chrome is more expensive etc, since it was based on the hanger battle the set should have had at least either Obi or Qui Gon or even Padme and a Naboo security guard. also the rumored price of $50 is high but not surprising :sceptic:

Edited by Macoco

since it was based on the hanger battle the set should have had at least either Obi or Qui Gon or even Padme and a Naboo security guard. also the rumored price of $50 is high but not surprising :sceptic:

But then it would have been even more expensive...

The new Naboo fighter is average I would have to agree, chrome would have been nice but chrome is more expensive etc, since it was based on the hanger battle the set should have had at least either Obi or Qui Gon or even Padme and a Naboo security guard. also the rumored price of $50 is high but not surprising :sceptic:

Hmm. Is there any difference between the current "chrome" and the old one? I remember pieces, particularly lightsaber hilts, had a metal look to them before, but now, they appear tarnished or something. Is the old method of chroming more expensive or something?

Either way, I think chrome pieces (especially if the whole ship is meant to be chromed!) are a little bit too much for vehicles. It's just my opinion, of course, but it won't look right. :sceptic:

I think Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon should stay in their current sets, as I'm probably going to put them as first priority regardless of price. More Naboo figures are definitely needed though, so it's a shame that there's only one pilot in the set.

Edit: Or to put it clearer, old chrome pieces were reflective, while the current ones are just shiny.

Edited by Delta 38

Hmm. Is there any difference between the current "chrome" and the old one? I remember pieces, particularly lightsaber hilts, had a metal look to them before, but now, they appear tarnished or something. Is the old method of chroming more expensive or something?

Either way, I think chrome pieces (especially if the whole ship is meant to be chromed!) are a little bit too much for vehicles. It's just my opinion, of course, but it won't look right. :sceptic:

I think Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon should stay in their current sets, as I'm probably going to put them as first priority regardless of price. More Naboo figures are definitely needed though, so it's a shame that there's only one pilot in the set.

The new metallic/pearl colors aren't chromed. They're just molded from a metallic-colored plastic.

Hmm. Is there any difference between the current "chrome" and the old one? I remember pieces, particularly lightsaber hilts, had a metal look to them before, but now, they appear tarnished or something.

The new "chrome" isn't actually chrome, but pearl silver. True, the lightsaber hilts don't look as metallic, but at least the color doesn't come off after having a minifigure hold it.

As for chrome on the N-1, I would agree. The chrome was admittedly overdone on the actual ship, and chroming entire underside on a LEGO set would just look weird (especially considering LEGO never puts quite as much effort as they could have on the underside). And the price...

IMO, chrome would have been nice but not plausible and Obi & Qui Gon will appear in more sets in the future. All the "heroes" always do. :wink:

The new "chrome" isn't actually chrome, but pearl silver. True, the lightsaber hilts don't look as metallic, but at least the color doesn't come off after having a minifigure hold it.

As for chrome on the N-1, I would agree. The chrome was admittedly overdone on the actual ship, and chroming entire underside on a LEGO set would just look weird (especially considering LEGO never puts quite as much effort as they could have on the underside). And the price...

Ah, I see. I thought so.

I'm now used to these current lightsabers, so I prefer them anyway. I also heard something about one of the possible reasons why they didn't release Padme's ship as being because the ship was meant to be chromed, but again, that would be a bit of overkill. :tongue:

Have any chromed parts even been made recently as part of sets? I own a few lightsaber hilts, an exclusive Bionicle mask and a Stormtrooper, all of which are chromed, but otherwise I haven't got any other chromed pieces.

Edit: I've just checked some images of the Naboo Royal Starship, and it's a lot more reflective than I remembered previously. I don't think any major chroming would look good in Lego sets at all, really.

Edited by Delta 38

The new "chrome" isn't actually chrome, but pearl silver.

No, I believe the official term is metallic silver. :wink:

Have any chromed parts even been made recently as part of sets? I own a few lightsaber hilts, an exclusive Bionicle mask and a Stormtrooper, all of which are chromed, but otherwise I haven't got any other chromed pieces.

Surprisingly, the new Dooku's lightsaber hilt is chrome, and the Kingdoms sets as well as Hogwarts Castle still employ the chrome-gold sword and crown.

I too am disappointed with the Naboo Fighter. I think they should have done it like the UCS version, with the underside gray and the wings and engines chrome, or at least metallic silver. I mean come on, they released a car that's almost entirely made out of silver, so how hard can it be to make those couple of pieces in that color. :hmpf_bad:

Also, I'd much rather have another vulture droid than those ugly carts and Droideka, especially if the set costs as much as the rumors say. :thumbdown:

The Chrome Stormie, Chrome Vader, Chrome Gold 2 x 4 Keychain, Chrome Gold Minifig Keychain, Chrome Gold 4 x 4 Magnets, Count Dooku's lightsaber hilt, and the 6212 set still includes a standard chrome lightsaber hilt.

Surprisingly, the new Dooku's lightsaber hilt is chrome, and the Kingdoms sets as well as Hogwarts Castle still employ the chrome-gold sword and crown.

Wow, didn't expect the hilt. I forgot about the other chromed parts, I don't come across them often. But yeah, they're still rare. :tongue:

Reminds me, I found a slightly better image of the Naboo Starfighter...

Here!

I hope linking to it is okay. :classic:

Edited by Delta 38

here is the translation for the naboo starfighter

Powerslide the Naboo Starfighter the way through the battle droid in the hangar and Droideka to take on the Droid Control Ship! Set includes Anakin Skywalker, Naboo pilot, R2-D2. The Starfighter has a cockpit that opens, R2-D2 with ejection function, access ladder and swivel stand. With service vehicle.

Keep up with Anakin and Naboo Starfighter on the invasion of Naboo!

• Contains Naboo pilots and 2 Safety Battle Doiden

• With young Anakin Skywalker, R2-D2 and Droideka

• The Starfighter has a cockpit that opens, R2-D2 with ejection function, access ladder and swivel stand

• Service vehicle with detachable trailer

Reminds me, I found a slightly better image of the Naboo Starfighter...

[snip]

I hope linking to it is okay. :classic:

Nice. It's okay to embed because it doesn't have a Confidential stamp.

Deeplink:

Lego-Star-Wars-7877-Naboo-Starfighter.jpg

I think the least appealing part of this would have to be the area behind the cockpit, which is too boxy and doesn't capture the streamlined look of that area on the actual ship. The big square hole for Artoo just butchers the design. As I've said before, sticking just the head on they way did with 10026 would at least have allowed for a thinner and better-looking design. :thumbdown:

I see four flick-fire missiles...

I too am disappointed with the Naboo Fighter. I think they should have done it like the UCS version, with the underside gray and the wings and engines chrome, or at least metallic silver. I mean come on, they released a car that's almost entirely made out of silver, so how hard can it be to make those couple of pieces in that color. :hmpf_bad:

Also, I'd much rather have another vulture droid than those ugly carts and Droideka, especially if the set costs as much as the rumors say. :thumbdown:

:laugh: :laugh: ...

How many of the gray pieces on this are even available in metallic silver?

Edited by fallenangel309

What's so funny? :wacko:

None except the 2x2 cone, I believe, but the fact that a piece doesn't exist in a particular color prior to production didn't stop them before (as proven by the example of Agents).

Oh, and thanks for the slightly larger pic, Delta 38.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I see four flick-fire missiles...

Wow, I didn't notice that. There are flick-fire missiles on the cart? Of all things, the cart? :wacko: I agree with you on the boxy cockpit, but there's an ejection function, so that can't really be prevented.

Those silver pieces are definitely an opportunity lost, as I think they would have fitted well. Ships that are meant to be completely grey shouldn't use silver too much, but I think this could have been improved with silver.

Oh well, can't complain too much. It's nice to finally get a Naboo Starfighter at all. :laugh:

Wow, I didn't notice that. There are flick-fire missiles on the cart? Of all things, the cart? :wacko: I agree with you on the boxy cockpit, but there's an ejection function, so that can't really be prevented.

Those silver pieces are definitely an opportunity lost, as I think they would have fitted well. Ships that are meant to be completely grey shouldn't use silver too much, but I think this could have been improved with silver.

Oh well, can't complain too much. It's nice to finally get a Naboo Starfighter at all. :laugh:

The cart is just holding missiles for use on the ship; it's acting as a supply/repair cart.

The cart is just holding missiles for use on the ship; it's acting as a supply/repair cart.

so it's supplying the flick-fires for the ship, while apparently can still use them on its own...gotta love the LEGO addiction for that system :sadnew: it's like someone over there says "MUST...PUT...FLICK MISSILES...ANYWHERE...EVERYWHERE" :devil:

It looks as though the cart has 2 flick fires for it own use and two it could be carrying for the N-1, stupid TLG. I mean why, 10 year olds might find them great, but they could also stick them up their noses. At such a high price it is only really going to be for actual collectors, and not kids (no silly pupils) so it could do with a bit more accuracy.

How amazing would it be if the grey pieces where replaced with pearl silver, and the yellow with chrome gold? It would be worth its price then, but not with flick fires.

How amazing would it be if the grey pieces where replaced with pearl silver, and the yellow with chrome gold? It would be worth its price then, but not with flick fires.

The yellow is supposed to be yellow on the 'real' ship.