KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Is there anything wrong with "people having incredibly low standards for accuracy"? Count me in to those who think the 6212 X-Wing is a pretty good model. Yes, I like the way the models appear in the movies, but I certainly don't expect TLG to give me the exact super-accurate version in brickbuild form. Like I said, it all boils down to the accuracy standards of the FOLs. For your extremely high standards of course it won't satisfy you, but to the majority with medium standards (like me), we're all pretty much content with what TLG gives us.

And since this is getting out of topic, let's drop this accuracy discussion now.

Agreed. This is getting off topic. I mentioned a few pages back that the new Sith Infiltrator looks like it opens up at the front like the Venator. Take a look and see the way the front triangular part is attached to the cockpit/wings section. Also, is it just me, or does Qui-Gon's lightsaber (and all the other green blades in this wave) look like a darker shade of green?

Edited by Fives

I agree with who ever said we need a new yoda hut

We have had only one LSW Bucket set - way back in 1999

I have it, it was the hardest set for me to find I passed it up back then, got it for $10 at my old work

Only missed 1 common piece

With that being said I would like to see a new bucket of Dagobah

I am hoping that the advent has some dagobah stuff in it...

Maybe a Christmas swamp tree

With a snake sticking out of it...

Rocks to levitate

Part of Yodas hutt

Stew maybe a bed

Okay analyasis wise

Usually TLG usually includes matching days groups of 2 or 3 or ocassionally 4 days

1 Clone Pilot + RGS

2 Droid Pilot (no matching minivehicle)

3 Nute Gunray (no matching minivehicle)

4 Rebel Pilot (If Included) + A-Wing

5 Yoda + X-Wing

6 Unknown + Slave-1

7 Chewbacca + Millinium Falcon

8 Unknown + Imperial Shuttle

9 Unknown + TIE Fighter

So given that what accessories should be included?

Any Ideas?

Personally I think the tie fighter parts would make it easy to make a fleet I did that with the old ones

I will post pics of my reverse engineered mini's sometime next week - iPod can't upload to brickshelf...

Agreed. This is getting off topic. I mentioned a few pages back that the new Sith Infiltrator looks like it opens up at the front like the Venator. Take a look and see the way the front triangular part is attached to the cockpit/wings section. Also, is it just me, or does Qui-Gon's lightsaber (and all the other green blades in this wave) look like a darker shade of green?

Yeah, we responded to that and said it would probably work like the Venator playset, without the whole office-where-docking-bay-is thing.

And no, we see it too, but it might be just the prelim printing. We do hope it's the true trans-green and not trans-neon-green, though.

Yeah, we responded to that and said it would probably work like the Venator playset, without the whole office-where-docking-bay-is thing.

And no, we see it too, but it might be just the prelim printing. We do hope it's the true trans-green and not trans-neon-green, though.

Ok, must not have seen that. I hope that, if the ship opens like the Venator, than that section could be storage for his speeder, and he could have a proper cockpit. And it looks like the colour of the blades is totally new. It looks like a cross between trans-green and trans-neon green.

Well I don't have the highest standards of anyone here. The only one I really have a problem with is the TIE/ln. (even if the MF, RGS, and Slave 1 aren't exactly my favorites, they're instantly recognizable) I really feel that the TIE needs those hexagonal wings. An MF can get away with a long skinny cockpit. A Slave 1 can get away with no guns. An (sorry fallenangel) X-wing can get away with a square nose. They can all do that because they have other defining features to identify them. The TIE/ln doesn't. It's just a cockpit dwarfed by two enormous hexagonal panels, which makes those panels the only defining feature. (and the only part unique to it, even if you only take into account the movies; the TIE/in has the same ball cockpit design)

Anyways, that's just my view, but I suppose some kids might not care. And my view on that would be that if they don't care and will accept what's wrong as what's right, then that's even more reason to give them what's right, lest they decide that AnH is wrong and all TIEs should have square wings.

Yeah, that would be me. And I can see where Brickdoctor's argument is coming from. Only a Star Wars fan would even recognize a brick with two tiles as any sort of TIE. As for KielDaMan I guess there are just a lot of things we happen to disagree on.

And that's kind of why it's necessary to want accuracy - if we can tolerate crap, what's to stop them from only selling us more crap?

I'm really hoping for a proper cockpit in the new Scimitar - it better not be just another garage.

I agree with who ever said we need a new yoda hut

We have had only one LSW Bucket set - way back in 1999

I have it, it was the hardest set for me to find I passed it up back then, got it for $10 at my old work

Only missed 1 common piece

With that being said I would like to see a new bucket of Dagobah

I am hoping that the advent has some dagobah stuff in it...

Maybe a Christmas swamp tree

With a snake sticking out of it...

Rocks to levitate

Part of Yodas hutt

Stew maybe a bed

The general idea of the bucket is that the models are extremely simple and <insert that tiresome argument>. Compare Anakin's pod from the bucket to the one we're getting this summer. Sorry to go back to the topic of accuracy, but I don't think there's anyone here who could say that the Pod Bucket was lacking in accuracy, with scale being the biggest issue.

A Dagobah playset would be better, though there aren't many ways to improve on the basic design of the old hut. But, this discussion would go in the Future Sets topic.

iPod can't upload to brickshelf...

Mac or PC? Any recent Mac can use iPhoto to Import photos off a connected iPod/Phone and then Export to the hard drive.

than that section could be storage for his speeder, and he could have a proper cockpit.

I'm really hoping for a proper cockpit in the new Scimitar - it better not be just another garage.

I agree. Even if mine's going to get scrapped, I do want to see a proper speeder storage space. I remember that the speeder is supposed to be stored lying on its side, so it shouldn't be hard at all to put it in the nose section.

The general idea of the bucket is that the models are extremely simple and <insert that tiresome argument>. Compare Anakin's pod from the bucket to the one we're getting this summer. Sorry to go back to the topic of accuracy, but I don't think there's anyone here who could say that the Pod Bucket was lacking in accuracy, with scale being the biggest issue.

A Dagobah playset would be better, though there aren't many ways to improve on the basic design of the old hut. But, this discussion would go in the Future Sets topic.

Mac or PC? Any recent Mac can use iPhoto to Import photos off a connected iPod/Phone and then Export to the hard drive.

I agree. Even if mine's going to get scrapped, I do want to see a proper speeder storage space. I remember that the speeder is supposed to be stored lying on its side, so it shouldn't be hard at all to put it in the nose section.

My iMac is part of the limited number of macs that actually got recalled - from serial # xxxx1 to xxxx5 serious a strategic spot on the motherboard had a single capacitor go bad and damage a vast part of it...

It has nothing to do with my previous job of computer security for the US Government or my knowledge of what happened on Oct 16, 2004

Ever watch the movie "the Rock" leverage like that audio tape Sean Connery's character had is a good thing to have...

O:-)

I thought about using a Lego minifigure trashcan to replace it since they look similar (to those who are not accuracy paranoid)

When does NY Toyfare Start?

If you look at the photo from austrilla or Germany Toyfare it gives an undercarriage view of the sit infiltrator if you look carefully...the picture is the one with the iPad blocking the view with the Halo in front of it

I think the support structure for the pod racers should be clear - I know that clear pieces are harder for Lego to produce - eg Lego Skeleton Horses given as exclusive employee only events (that is a super rare item btw)

Edit so nobody else has to look it up - Scimitar = Sith Infiltrator

Edited by Muddy

Wow. And the prices go up, figure count goes down. :thumbdown: Oh well. However, maybe they'll add some more/larger ships or supplemental features to make the packs a little more appealing. Thanks for the update and I look forward to more!

well,yes they will

Thank you very much for these pics, Kris Kelvin and nrg! :classic:

Advent Calendar:

Some mini models look quite accurate (like e. g. the Slave 1) and others look really bad (like e. g. the A-Wing).

As for Yoda as Santayoda: Come on, that's really stupid! :hmpf:

Instead of giving us Yoda as a Santa, TLG should better give us a regular Yoda (for the OT fans there hasn't been one since 2004) or another character.

Since there are now 3 CW/PT minifigures and 3 OT minifigures which we know, I could well imagine that there'll be one more OT minifig and one more PT minifig in the calendar. That would make 8 minifigs in total - I think more is unrealistic to await.

So let's hope that possible fourth OT character will be more stunning than the stuff we have seen til now!

MF:

Not bad concerning the exterior.

But it's swindle to declare Luke and Leia as new minifigures. They have been released for several times already - and that there is a new hair piece does really not make it a new minifigure! :angry:

The only reason why TLG put this advertising there is because it would look really bad if all sets contain minimum one new minifigure - and the set which is the biggest one and the most expensive one contains absolutely no new minifigure. But in fact that's the case! :thumbdown:

Ewok Attack:

The "tree" gives some impression of a tree - but is nevertheless much too low for a decent tree. It would have imo been better to have it smaller but taller.

A Stormtrooper or Imperial Trooper is definately missing in this set.

Apart from that it's ok - the two new minfigs look brilliant! :wub:

As far as for now, I must say that if we don't get some really new minifigures and some decent rooms in the Hoth Echo Base and if there won't be another Sysem-Scale OT Exclusive this year with a huge number of really new minifigures, this year will be the most disappointing year for OT fans since Lego Star Wars does exist! :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I think the piececount of the MF might have something to do with the landing gear that is shown on the preliminary. I dont mind that it closely resembles the 4504 as long as it solves some of it's flaws and the landing gear is one of them.

MF:

Not bad concerning the exterior.

But it's swindle to declare Luke and Leia as new minifigures. They have been released for several times already - and that there is a new hair piece does really not make it a new minifigure! :angry:

The only reason why TLG put this advertising there is because it would look really bad if all sets contain minimum one new minifigure - and the set which is the biggest one and the most expensive one contains absolutely no new minifigure. But in fact that's the case! :thumbdown:

Ewok Attack:

The "tree" gives some impression of a tree - but is nevertheless much too low for a decent tree. It would have imo been better to have it smaller but taller.

A Stormtrooper or Imperial Trooper is definately missing in this set.

Apart from that it's ok - the two new minfigs look brilliant! :wub:

As far as for now, I must say that if we don't get some really new minifigures and some decent rooms in the Hoth Echo Base and if there won't be another Sysem-Scale OT Exclusive this year with a huge number of really new minifigures, this year will be the most disappointing year for OT fans since Lego Star Wars does exist! :cry_sad:

Ok, I don't share the critics about the Falcon. First, it is the Falcon (EP4). The minifigures that can reasonably be included are Han Solo, Chewie, Obi Wan, Luke, R2D2, C3PO, Sandtroopers, TK 421, Mousedroid, Darth Vader, and Leia. So the possibility of adding "new" minifigures seems to be very limited. I'd rather say that 7965 is decent starter set. Concluding from the picture it'd say it is the "escape scene" Falcon, so the choice of minifigures makes sense. Thus, I'd suppose that we sooner or later see new Tie Fighters and Stormtroopers.

It is a fact that number of locations and scenes of the OT is very limited compared to Clone Wars. Since all the main scenes of the OT are more or less covered, TLG can do nothing but to reissue elder sets. Since the main battles of the OT are Hoth and Endor (due to the size of the space ship models, I don't count space battles) it makes sense to produce more sets for these two scenes. As for 7956, I would have liked to see a slightly improved scout trooper (black mouth/"ear", coloured legs).

Edited by Brickadeer

Okay analyasis wise

Usually TLG usually includes matching days groups of 2 or 3 or ocassionally 4 days

1 Clone Pilot + RGS

2 Droid Pilot (no matching minivehicle)

3 Nute Gunray (no matching minivehicle)

4 Rebel Pilot (If Included) + A-Wing

5 Yoda + X-Wing

6 Unknown + Slave-1

7 Chewbacca + Millinium Falcon

8 Unknown + Imperial Shuttle

9 Unknown + TIE Fighter

So given that what accessories should be included?

Any Ideas?

There could be a droid gunship or a vulture droid for (2) Droid Pilot,

perhaps a Separatist Shuttle for (3) Nute Gunray, the Slave I could be for (6) Boba Fett (although I don't think they'd add him there...), (8) an Imperial Shuttle for, perhaps, either a shuttle pilot or Darth Vader, and a TIE Pilot for (9) TIE Fighter. And then, besides the 9 figures and 9 accessoires, there should be 6 more additions, as we're at 18 now. Those seem logical, although - like I said before - I doubt they would add Boba Fett.

~ General Magma

There could be a droid gunship or a vulture droid for (2) Droid Pilot,

perhaps a Separatist Shuttle for (3) Nute Gunray, the Slave I could be for (6) Boba Fett (although I don't think they'd add him there...), (8) an Imperial Shuttle for, perhaps, either a shuttle pilot or Darth Vader, and a TIE Pilot for (9) TIE Fighter. And then, besides the 9 figures and 9 accessoires, there should be 6 more additions, as we're at 18 now. Those seem logical, although - like I said before - I doubt they would add Boba Fett.

~ General Magma

I doubt they would add Boba Fett and not include him on the cover - he's a rather iconic figure, unlike droid or clone pilots. If they had included him (which would have been possible) he would be the calendar's star.

The rest seems likely - the calendar already has droid, clone and rebel pilots, why not add a TIE pilot?

Edited by Supersonic

Leia has a new face and what looks like a new hair piece. That's certainly a new minifigure. Luke certainly has a new hairpiece, and looks like he has a new angry expression as well, so that makes him a new minifigure. When the minifigure is different in some way than previous versions, it's new. That makes perfect sense: would you not call the new Boba Fett a new minifigure just because the character was released before? Is the Han that comes in the Slave I or AT-AT not a new minifigure just because there have been Hans before?

They are new minifigures. And honestly, even if there weren't any new minifigures in the set at all, what would the problem be? Would you rather they threw in a new Tarkin or something just to have a new minfigure? I suspect that if that had happened, you would've complained about how silly it is of TLG to throw in figures that don't have to do with the ship just to boost sales.

Of the new sets, I think the Dathomir Speeder is probably the least interesting, aside from the figs. Although there are mixed felings about the new MF, I like it. I can accept the cockpit section being out of scale to the rest of the ship; it's not a deal breaker, and I like that Han and Chewie can both sit in there. Until this set, 4504 was my favorite version (the UCS is awesome, but it's more model than playset, and I think 4504 was a good compromise for System playability and aesthetics). This new set builds on that design, fleshes it out considerably, and adds quite a bit more exterior detail. From preliminary pics of the interior, it looks to have been improved as well. I'll concur with some other who've commented on the left mandible's outboard angle not really meshing with the rest of the ship. I can live with it, though.

I have the Republic Cruiser, and the Republic Frigate is pretty similar, although I see a few differences outside of colors. I'll still probably get it. :)

The new Podracer set is a nice change from all the CW sets, and we haven't had a podracer set since 1999 or 2000, IIRC. Nice to see a proper Sebulba. The care and attention to detail on figs over the past couple years has been excellent and , IMHO, a long time coming. If it took outsourcing to accomplish, then I'm not complaining. I'm enjoying the benefit of having new alien figs with molded heads and well done art on the torsos and legs in SW and other themes. More reasons to love this hobby.

My son and I are really excited for the new MF as we did not have the original and no space for the UCS. We are going to drop this bad boy right behind the Cantina set in the display room:)

My 8yo son is excited about the advent calendar simply because it is Star Wars.....he could care less about the Clone wars but should get a kick out of Yoda Claus even if he does have the awful cartoon head. Ewok attack looks sub par so will probably pick up the Pod Racers set. Eagerly waiting for the Tantive set to go on sale somewhere.

I doubt they would add Boba Fett and not include him on the cover - he's a rather iconic figure, unlike droid or clone pilots. If they had included him (which would have been possible) he would be the calendar's star.

The rest seems likely - the calendar already has droid, clone and rebel pilots, why not add a TIE pilot?

They won't add Boba Fett because it would cripple sales of the Slave 1. Other than the typical exclusive minifig, the other minifigs need to be generic enough where they won't hurt sales of competing sets.

The cover is showing the best of the best. They aren't going to hide better minifigs and mini ships....they want people to buy this, remember?

Not bas when you consider no taxes and free shipping: LEGO Star Wars Tantive IV (10198)

Thanks for the link....but we are waiting for 40 - 50% off or a combination of gift card deals / cashback bonuses to achieve the same...if it weren't for Daigon Alley and the the soon to be released POTC Queen Anne I would buy from Amazon at that price.

I don't know if you guys have seen any pics like this as I don't visit this topic too often but I found these on Flickr:

5431499148_68238227f2_z.jpg

5430890859_59473b3252_z.jpg

5430891119_e65914d37e_z.jpg

Link To Gallery

(Sorry if these three have been posted already but they are not on the frontpage or in the first post of this thread :classic: )

Thanks

Eskallon