KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

I see. Thats too bad. But whatever, its just a couple more weeks.

Unless we get pics/more info from the Nuremburg Toy Fair, which is next week.

Unless we get pics/more info from the Nuremburg Toy Fair, which is next week.

Well, lets hope so. I just want to see what exactly the new Zabrak heads are like. And see what the new Jedi (Ki-Adi, Eeth, Quinlan) are like.

On the subject of the geonosian:

If you look very carefully you will see that it doesn't have a long neck at all but its just that we can only see it straight on, and due to the poor image/lighting/and the fact that its completely green, it is hard to differentiate between where the end of the 'snout' is and the beggining of the neck. :classic:

(Wow I think that sentence went on too long :tongue: )

If you look at the geonosian in the cockpit of his fighter, you can see that the mould is quite similar to the one we already have. If I had to take a guess, I would say that it will be almost the same but larger CW features and of course, printed. :thumbup:

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

Yeah, I agree. There does seem to be an illusion of the Geonosian having a long neck, but the picture quality is responsible. Comparing images, however, it looks like the Geonosian head is taller and has more bulgy eyes.

I'm a bit annoyed at the colour and the absence of wings, though. I think I heard somewhere that the lower-class ones didn't have wings, so that would make sense, but ideally it'd be nice to get wings, particularly as I don't own one of the old ones.

Edit: is it just me, or is Ki Adi-Mundi's lightsaber a lot darker than the current blue? That's interesting, given the darker green seen in the Sith Infiltrator. Probably just because of preliminaries or lighting, but it makes you think whether the colours actually will change...

Edited by Delta 38

Well, lets hope so. I just want to see what exactly the new Zabrak heads are like. And see what the new Jedi (Ki-Adi, Eeth, Quinlan) are like.

what about the clone troopers from the frigate? they are sure to be the ones from ambush. i hope.

I remember someone mentioned this a while ago, but searching for a single post in this thread would be an endless quest.

Does anyone know if during the Toy Fair the UCS sets are revealed or at least hinted at?

I believe they are they are eventually unveiled during some kind of convention, but I have no idea of which one.

Does anyone know if during the Toy Fair the UCS sets are revealed or at least hinted at?

Not at the Toy Fair. I think this year's UCS sets were revealed at the San Diego Comic Con or something like that.

Edit: is it just me, or is Ki Adi-Mundi's lightsaber a lot darker than the current blue? That's interesting, given the darker green seen in the Sith Infiltrator. Probably just because of preliminaries or lighting, but it makes you think whether the colours actually will change...

I haven't had a close look at the image, but it would make sense. The latest wave of Hero Factory sets had lightsaber blades in a darker blue.

I certainly hope that the colors do change!

That way I could use the neon-green blade as a yellow one. :sweet:

Edited by Captain Tamamono

I haven't had a close look at the image, but it would make sense. The latest wave of Hero Factory sets had lightsaber blades in a darker blue.

Plus it's more accurate. I'd like that change. It would mean I didn't have to buy HF to get the piece.

I think it was just lighting or the placement of the lightsaber (it looked like the current blue, except darker because of something behind it, possibly), and I don't think it was the type from the Hero Factory sets. We can hope...

While it doesn't seem too likely that they'll replace the colour after many years, the change from yellow to flesh minifigs must have also sounded highly improbable at the time. :classic:

Not at the Toy Fair. I think this year's UCS sets were revealed at the San Diego Comic Con or something like that.

Thanks. That's a shame, though :sceptic:

Sorry if this is old news, I haven't seen it anywhere. But in the Lego March calendar there's new Star Wars key chains and magnets coming out. Some of the new key chains are Boba Fett and Cad Bane and at least one magnet set with Talz, Anikan in snowgear and a third figure.

LegoGalactus

Sorry if this is old news, I haven't seen it anywhere. But in the Lego March calendar there's new Star Wars key chains and magnets coming out. Some of the new key chains are Boba Fett and Cad Bane and at least one magnet set with Talz, Anikan in snowgear and a third figure.

LegoGalactus

I beleive that's new! Great thing, when those go on sale, I'll buy all :tongue:

LegoGalactus

Nice! Could you look again or take pictures?

LegoGalactus

The magnets will also be glued so...yeah.

Plus it's more accurate. I'd like that change. It would mean I didn't have to buy HF to get the piece.

Personally I want a trans-silver blade so I can make an accurate Corran Horn fig.

Personally I want a trans-silver blade so I can make an accurate Corran Horn fig.

How does one make something trans-silver? Without emitting it's own light, a transparent object can't appear shiny, because shininess is a result of the reflection of light, and transparent objects allow light to flow through them. Unless TLG went back to LULs, you'd just get trans-light grey.

How come there have been new pics of the Pirates of the Carribean sets and not of Star Wars?

They were part of the Disney press release. Star Wars has nothing to do with Disney, besides the Star Tours.

They were part of the Disney press release. Star Wars has nothing to do with Disney, besides the Star Tours.

I see...

With the geonosian that seems to have a long neck, i think its just the long face that gives us that impression, kind of like Nahdar Vebb with a long face.here

Why would the Freeco Anakin and the Talz be in a magnet set? 8085 isn't that expensive, after all. I had hoped we would get really good figs for the magnet sets; since they are glued, TLG has to make them attractive somehow...

The Boba key chain is great, I always loved this fig, but never wanted to spend 90 € just for Boba :wink:

Am I right that the Toy Fair in Nuremberg started today? Do we usually get pictures from there and if so, how long does it take for them to appear?

Edited by Emperor

Am I right that the Toy Fair in Nuremberg started today? Do we usually get pictures from there and if so, how long does it take for them to appear?

Correct. No idea if or when we'll see pics.

Just be patient, guys! Once we get these pics we have four months to stare at them!

Correct. No idea if or when we'll see pics.

Just be patient, guys! Once we get these pics we have four months to stare at them!

Patient? You want the impossible!