KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Hmm, the Millennium Falcon does look odd. The front portion looks strange, but I don't really know why. Maybe it's too long?

Oh well, it's not on the top of my priority list, anyway.

Hmm, the Millennium Falcon does look odd. The front portion looks strange, but I don't really know why. Maybe it's too long?

Oh well, it's not on the top of my priority list, anyway.

LOL

Hi!

At a Showbox at our local Toys'r us the was a Roll-up with all the minfigs from 2011: Including a red C3Po, some kind of Hoth Rebell Trooper, Luke @Bacta and a sleeky Robot I didn't see before. Made a photo with my smartphone, will load it up later on....

Hi!

At a Showbox at our local Toys'r us the was a Roll-up with all the minfigs from 2011: Including a red C3Po, some kind of Hoth Rebell Trooper, Luke @Bacta and a sleeky Robot I didn't see before. Made a photo with my smartphone, will load it up later on....

Oh good finally some photographic evidence of the set.

*snipping pics*

Well, that's kind of custom but i cannot see anything 'illegal' about it. Isn't customizing what MOCs are about - improving looks and / or testing new building techniques?!

Well, those vids aren't that good. I like kids buth their view of things is not mine anymore. I would not base my purchasing decisions on them. Thanks for sharing, though.

It's a good thing there are people who know how to do it right. :classic:

Eh, the reviews seem all right. You can't really be too excited for 7957. (Apparently, the middle thing comes off, which I guess is a decent play feature.) 7959 uses a lot of really big curved pieces, which (for me at least) don't tend to come in too handy, and I'm not too fond of the way the look either... on the other hand, the cockpit piece, as others have mentioned, would work well for the Delta-7.

Loxitane offers good video reviews, i like his channel. The vids are long and a little repetetive in showing stuff but the quality is good. He has loads of LEGOs to show and he goes into detail a lot.

Another dude offering good insight on the sets is this one:

Kiwomens

Klick on 'uploads' to see his huge review archive.

No spoken text and not overly long but very informative on features and of very high quality.

Sorry for the quality...

Thanks for that picture. The artwork/pose of Luke makes him look a little bit ashamed to be in his underwear there. It reminds me when I was at Infant School and had to do Physical Education in my underwear when I forgot my kit.

Is that fig in the blue hood meant to be Han or are you saying that is a generic Hoth rebel?

That Luke from the Bacta tank is our first view of something from the Hoth set, isn't it? I like the way it looks, but can't imagine what else it could be used for.

Edited by Churchill

:sweet:

Thanks for the image, jansued!

So I'm seeing:

Luke (Bacta tank) - looks pretty good. The hose looks printed though, which is too bad; I was hoping with all the new molds we're getting that would be a piece that was attached to the neck and then the hose was attached to something else.

Han Solo (Hoth) - same old.

2-1B - they've given him the skinnier droid arms, which is definitely good. Would've like them better in dk. bley, though.

R-3PO - New protocol droids are always good.

Princess Leia (Hoth) - she will have the new head which I don't like, but I really wouldn't expect anything else. Great to see they changed her hairstyle to the more accurate piece.

Overall this looks pretty good. I'll be buying if it's under $140.

Is that fig in the blue hood meant to be Han or are you saying that is a generic Hoth rebel?

Na, thats Mr. Ford.

I think the second guy in the sixth row is rebel soldier...

It doesn't look like a Rebel soldier to me; it looks like a bounty hunter. I think it's Dengar.

It might be dengar? There is a Vader and imperial officer from the UCS SSD

Na, thats Mr. Ford.

He looks like Dengar to me.

EDIT: Everyone got there quicker than me.

Edited by Thego

Na, thats Mr. Ford.

It can't be. Downstairs are the bad guys. But who is he?

Edit: Yes. It must be Dengar.

By the way: another Hoth Han? MEH!

Edited by Petit-bleu

By the way: another Hoth Han? MEH!

But it basically confirms the report that there was a Han Solo (Hoth) riding a Tauntaun. And another Tauntaun is not at all 'Meh!'.

Sorry for the quality...

Thanks for the picture! The new figures do look great. My favourite is the Bacta-Tank Luke, because I never thought we'd see him like that. I also love that red protocol Droid, and I like this version of Leia. They make me want to see the set they're in even more, though...

I don't like the new Dengar at all. It appears his head wrap is just the pirate bandana in white. I know it's good to get it in a new colour, but I think the PoP one is better.

Edited by Gregorovich

The 2-1B arms and legs don't match the color of the body. I wonder if that's final.

Since it's on a poster shown publicly in a toy store, I'd assume it is.

The 2-1B arms and legs don't match the color of the body. I wonder if that's final.

It is artwork rather than an actual photo of a minifig, so... who knows?!

It is artwork rather than an actual photo of a minifig, so... who knows?!

I for one agree it is artwork of the fig.

Edited by Darth CJ

I for one agree it is artwork.

But the artwork represents the minifig. If you look at the lineup posters they gave out at LEGO Star Wars Weekends in '09 and '10, the artwork depicts exactly what we got in the sets.

Thanks for the pic!

Awesome!

The imperial officer beside Darth Vader looks like he gets strangled by him(Darth)! So i guess it won't be a "nameless"character!

Thank you for the photo jansued

Nice to see some of the hoth figres, does anbody know when we can expect pictures?

Edited by Jedi master Brick

The imperial officer beside Darth Vader looks like he gets strangled by him(Darth)! So i guess it won't be a "nameless"character!

Good catch. He never choked Piett, and I doubt that is Needa, so does the set include Ozzel? Or is TLG just doing it for fun and not sticking to the movie?

Nice to see some of the hoth figres, does anbody know when we can expect pictures?

No. We can never predict when we'll get pics of the special releases. Not to be rude, but we just got the image evidence everyone's been wanting since we heard about the set. Can't we be happy with that and discuss what we do have for at least a day?