KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

This is indeed one of the best artworks I've seen. Certainly a lot better than it's predecessor's generic dogfight.

To compensate for the rehash, The LEGO Group has really outdone themselves on the box art. It really gives it the merit of a collector's item.

It's unfortunate that from this angle the fat section behind the cockpit becomes particularly prominent...

Oh, wow. That is some rather nice box art, definitely better than those generic locations and lasers we often see.

I'm not overjoyed that it's another exclusive set, but at least I have a chance of getting it this time. :sceptic:

Something in the back of my mind tells me that there is something wrong with 7877 because the box is just too good. Whatever.

Btw, I bought Battle of Naboo yesterday and it was everything I expected and more.

To compensate for the rehash, The LEGO Group has really outdone themselves on the box art. It really gives it the merit of a collector's item.

I'm not sure. When I think collector's item, I think UCS, and when I think distinctly UCS box art, I think ominous black and darker tones with less of the special effects and more emphasis on the actual model. 7181 and 7191 were very evidently collector's items.

Looks great im sure Lego will sell heaps of these because of the amazing box art. I don't really notice the box art that much but this one really stands out. It really does lift the set up and as Fallenangel said it will become a collectors item for sure. It's great to see Lego does put a lot of thought into their box designs. Thanks for the pic! :thumbup:

Hmm. The boxart itself almost makes the set worth buying!

...Almost. I'll have to see some reviews before I decide.

It is crazy to read that people are impressed by... a box ! :sceptic:

C'mon, this is the same model as 7660.

No, actually 7660 was better. :sadnew:

I kind of agree with Anio.

Sort of.

The box art is really great but it won't make me buy this set.

By the way i didn't like 7660 either.

I think the original model deserves wings without apparent studs.

Edited by Petit-bleu

And the Naboo Starfighter box makes an DYNAMIC ENTRY!

514720.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is probably the best box art in the history of ever.

The set is released "soon" in Germany according to this pics scource and the dutch have a locked release date of 12th August. The euro price is 49,99€, the dutch site has a reduced price, like with every set they sell.

is the first security droid a security droid captain and the other a normal?

and the limited edition sign ruins the beautiful box art

Fully agree. Big deal - it's a nice box. Shame the contents are so uninspiring. I can live with endless remakes providing the models themselves are an improvement over what's gone before. Unfortunately in this case someone forgot to make any improvements.....

The special edition tag already makes me fear for the price/piece ratio. Hope it's still a reasonable price since I think it looks very nice and sadly I missed the 7660 (only got the old 7141). I also agree with everyone here, box-art looks very nice. Quite curiously awaiting the first reviews of this one.

While you might be interested in them, the box is something special. It would make great display, and even if the model is similar, I like the new one way better. I'll probably pick this one up to mod it to my liking, and keep the box :grin:

People can't find anything good to say about 7877, so instead they talk about the box art... I couldn't believe it either. It's unusual to see The LEGO Group put so much effort into a box. In any case, the N-1 can be ranked next to the X-wing, T-47, Delta-7, and Falcon as one of those ships that they no longer intend to rework...unfortunate.

I happen to think that the slope pieces in the front were sort of a minor improvement for this set. I would have to agree with drdavewatford though:

Fully agree. Big deal - it's a nice box. Shame the contents are so uninspiring. I can live with endless remakes providing the models themselves are an improvement over what's gone before. Unfortunately in this case someone forgot to make any improvements.....

However, as The LEGO Group has decided that this is the "look" they're going to stay with for this particular ship, I guess we'll just have to live with it.

Hi guys, I managed to have another look at the upcoming Hoth Echo Base set and this time I made sure I stared it for a good few minutes to memorize everything I see. Here are the highlights:

Minifigures: 2 x Snowtroopers, 1 x Han in Hoth outfit with Tauntaun, 1 x Chewbacca, 1 x Princess Leia in Hoth outfit, 1 x Red Protocol Droid (Red C-3PO), 1 x Medical Droid (2-1B), 1 x Luke Skywalker (half naked in Bacta Tank). Surprisingly there are no Rebel Troopers...

Vehicles: 1 x Snow Speeder Bike, 1 x E-web Heavy Repeating Blaster

Description of set: It's like a kind of foldable structure. One side consists a battery of guns for defence and the other side is a command center with a medical area that holds the Bacta Tank.

Number of pieces: Looks like a 700-800 piece set (Think Battle Of Endor size)

I confirm and certify the source is very reliable and please don't ask me to reveal my source coz I can't. No date of release and information on price yet. I hope this helps.

Well, no Derlin. Oh well, it's not like he's not easily customizable with the pieces we have. Are you sure about there being no Rebel Troops, though? I find that... stange.

Well, no Derlin. Oh well, it's not like he's not easily customizable with the pieces we have. Are you sure about there being no Rebel Troops, though? I find that... stange.

I'm almost 100% sure. I was staring and counting the number of figures pretty long. Total of 8 figures.

@ Navy Trooper Fenson: This is for me not a very great new version of the Naboo Fighter, but it looks good enough and it is a nice addition to the other three episode 1 sets of this year. BTW The version of a few years ago was around 40 euro so the price is quite high.

@ Andrewqwy: Foldable structure with only battery on one side and command centre/medical area on other side, And most surprisingly no Hoth rebeltroops in Hoth Rebel Base sounds something that TLC really would do. :grin:

So I think it sounds quite reliable. :wink:

TLC Designer 1 : Must we not put atleast one rebel in the Rebel Base?

TLC Designer 2 : No, George Lucas says the afols must buy enough Rebel packs if they want them.

Well it sounds reasonable as the set goes, and if it is a true base I'll be happy, but no Rebel Troopers or Pilots is unusual. Who's flying the T-47?

Well it sounds reasonable as the set goes, and if it is a true base I'll be happy, but no Rebel Troopers or Pilots is unusual. Who's flying the T-47?

Unless I read it wrong, there is no T-47.

Unless I read it wrong, there is no T-47.

Oh, my bad, I read Snow Speeder and didn't notice it said Snow Speeder Bike. :blush:

Hmm, there better be a snowspeeder in the echo base. And it's better have a new design. TLC manages is to downgrade 4500 with every version since 2004. If they can make a decent AT-ST for BoE, they can create a nice T-47 as well.

Also, there must be more than the 3 main characters and robots on the rebel's side. Abso-freaking-lutely. I am not asking for the troopers, we can buy battle packs. But a few higher ranked ones with Luke's torso from the Wampa cave will be highly appreciated.

Looking forward to see some pictures, what should be very soon my feeling says : )

Makes perfect since that theres no T-47. You can get that in the Wampa set.

Makes perfect since that there's no Rebel Troopers since there's a battlepack; there are some Stormtroopers only because you need some enemies.

So there's no wall door then? Looks I can combine the older set...