KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

You just answered your own question:

Yeah I know why they did it, I was just wishing it would be a commander or even a commander for each faction.

I was afraid the advent calendar was going to be like this. I'll pass, for me this is just cheap money-making. Sure, another Imp Pilot is welcomed, but the rest is a bad collection of figures they still had somewhere around. The mini models are all not worth it. Don't even know what the 3rd thing in the first row is. Honestly, I am a SW fan, but I have no idea what this is. Santa Yoda is terrible. I am not into this whole xmas thing anyway, but this is simply horrible, kiddy and unncessary.

Well, for about 20 bucks, i will take the calendar for sure. It's a mix, not everyday can be an astounding highlight the whole world has been waiting for. If it were even possible to build something mid sized with the parts included, i'd count the calendar as a safe bet and quickly to be sold out.

Only one thing does bother me: We already get a glimpse at christmas but still don't know anything about the contents of 7879 (Hoth Echo Base) which is scheduled to be released in Octobre. I really long for some info. :cry_sad:

One reason is that 7749 (Echo Base) is available still but pretty costly already. I foresee a disappeareance from the primary market soon. If there were no turret and no Taun-Taun in 7879, i would try to make a quick grab for 7749 and swallow a horrifying piece/price value (at least in my country). But honestly spoken i would prefer to avoid getting the old rebel hats/glasses.

Does anybody know what 7879 is about? Please... :blush:

Mini models - bah! Could just build the pointless things with bricks lying around...

It will be nice Chinese plastic minifigs too - and what an odd assortment! Lego have done better and cheaper calendars than this

Well, for about 20 bucks, i will take the calendar for sure.

It's definitely going to be more than $20.

Guys we are getting two previously exclusive pilot figs (BD and imp), Gunray only from the Separatist Shuttle, 10 lightsabre hilts, some nice pieces, a lovely astromec, and a Yoda (which I don't have) Don't complain just don't get it if you don't want it.

It's definitely going to be more than $20.

Ok and thx for this honest answer. I believe in your statement. What's your guess on the price?

Guys we are getting two previously exclusive pilot figs (BD and imp), Gunray only from the Separatist Shuttle, 10 lightsabre hilts, some nice pieces, a lovely astromec, and a Yoda (which I don't have) Don't complain just don't get it if you don't want it.

Seconded. It's ok to express disappointment or alterating expectations but must it necessarily be disdain - in advance?!

I am not into this whole xmas thing anyway, but this is simply horrible, kiddy and unncessary.

Well LEGO is a kids' toy :tongue: !

But I agree that it is very disappointing. I was rather excited about this, but it's just a box of rubbish. Almost all the previous Advent calendars have at least had a few interesting parts or models, but this is just boring parts put into useless mini-models. If they'd included some sort of atmosphere items (a patch of ground and plants from Endor, etc...) I'd be much more interested. But this is intended for children, so I'm guessing they'll be more interested in this than the rest of us.

10221-1.jpg

Well it makes obvious sense to have the minifigs if the city section lifts off to reveal the bridge scene from EPIV.

Obviously i cannot CONFIRM or deny this as i did not hear this from a Lego employee. :laugh:

10221-1.jpg

Well it makes obvious sense to have the minifigs if the city section lifts off to reveal the bridge scene from EPIV.

Obviously i cannot CONFIRM or deny this as i did not hear this from a Lego employee. :laugh:

Sigh... I long for the days when UCS sets meant just highly detailed models...

*snip*

But just as we are at phantasizing - IF had heard this from a LEGO employee, the set would just turn a hundred metric tonnes more interesting to guys like me. :wink:

Ok and thx for this honest answer. I believe in your statement. What's your guess on the price?

$40-$50.

It will be nice Chinese plastic minifigs too - and what an odd assortment! Lego have done better and cheaper calendars than this

Why do you say it'll be Chinese? The guys in the last City one were standard-issue figures.

It seems that the guys over at FBTB have a better opinion of this than us. Just an observation... :laugh:

It seems that the guys over at FBTB have a better opinion of this than us. Just an observation... :laugh:

What do you mean? Care to elaborate?

They are less critical of the details. They just look at it and say, "oh, cool."

Oh, and I meant flickr

They are less critical of the details. They just look at it and say, "oh, cool."

Oh, and I meant flickr

Like you can believe all those flickr comments. Some guys on MOCpages found out about the AFOL community on flickr, and slowly all the MOCpages users are moving over there, and now a lot of the flickr MOCs end up with a bunch of MOCpages-type comments.

Like you can believe all those flickr comments. Some guys on MOCpages found out about the AFOL community on flickr, and slowly all the MOCpages users are moving over there, and now a lot of the flickr MOCs end up with a bunch of MOCpages-type comments.

Lets hope they will not invade EB after they have taken flickr :hmpf_bad:

As for the SSD I really hope it has no interior, but je can always mod it.

Lets hope they will not invade EB after they have taken flickr :hmpf_bad:

The horror! The horror!

The engines on the Y-wing in the Advent calendar kind of reminds me of nnenn's MINI.

$40-$50.

About £35 *huh*.

Bloody Hell that a lot for this thing £20-£25 would be my maximum for this, there's no way this is worth that much, the contents are OK but not for this price :thumbdown:.

No way......35 pound in the U.K., that makes it almost 70 bucks Oz. Err, NO pass Mr. Lucas ! :tongue:

Only if there were more minifigs in it, but no there is these left overs that no one wants ! :sceptic:

Ah, well there's always hope for 2012 eh ? :wink:

Probably because FBTB understand it's an 8 piece X-wing for 8 Year olds. While certain members of this site expects a 100% accurate to scale film replica.

About £35 *huh*.

Bloody Hell that a lot for this thing £20-£25 would be my maximum for this, there's no way this is worth that much, the contents are OK but not for this price :thumbdown:.

It's an Estimate.

Christ, don't people read anymore?

It's an Estimate.

Christ, don't people read anymore?

Yes they do and that estimate is a lot, I was basing My comment on Brickdoctors estimate not taking it as true.

I was estimating based on the fact that 7952 was $35, and seeing as this is a licensed set, the price is bound to be a little higher.