KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

I for one quite like that calendar more for the models than the figs. I find most of the micros pretty cool. The only ones that should have had a bit more thought to them are the TIE, the Falcon and the Y-Wing but the rest is really nice...

Although I have no idea what that brown thingy is supposed to be, the one on the left of the spider droid...

If the price is ok, I'll sure try to grab one...

Ow, I just spotted a new helmet on the scout in the endor set :sweet:

I don't think it's new :sceptic:

No, it's not just you, even I don't even have that black astromech and Gunray, an additional Clone Pilot and BD is always welcome, and of course, that new Santa Yoda is a nice exclusive fig - not really bad of a line-up IMO. This advent calendar gives a chance to others who don't have these figs to finally own them, which is good, but apparently not to those who own multiples of Chewbacca or have hundreds of BDs, Clones, and Stromies in their rich SW collection.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with multiples of minifigs. :tongue:

Actually, the figures here are fairly uncommon. Most have only appeared a few times, or even just once (I think the Astromech and Nute Gunray were only in one set each).

The vehicles and things could use some improving, but I think the minifigs are good enough considering this is an Advent Calendar. The black Astromech justifies the inflated price tag for me. :classic:

Is is just me, or does anyone else think that it is weird that the black astromech uses the old-style head-printing? It's only on half the dome, not the entire thing like recent ones have been. Maybe it's just a fluke in the pictures, but without any other reference, I'd say it's the old astromech from the old Imperial Star Destroyer...

Edited by Cad Bane

What is that brown thing supposed to be that is beside Gunray?.

How does advent calendars work, is there enough parts to have all built at once or is it like last years BM book and just enough for 2 models?.

Ow, I just spotted a new helmet on the scout in the endor set :sweet:

What? Where?

I think that's meant to be a Crab Droid. I don't know, it's not as recognisable as the other ones.

What is that brown thing supposed to be that is beside Gunray?.

Mechno-chair, guys.

How does advent calendars work, is there enough parts to have all built at once or is it like last years BM book and just enough for 2 models?.

Enough for everything at once.

You get one a day from the beginning of Decemeber until Christmas, correct?

You get one a day from the beginning of Decemeber until Christmas, correct?

Yes. Twenty-four models total. See here.

Oh cool, might have to buy one of those advent calendars, but I bet with all those figures will be like 100 bucks Aussie.

Do they count as sets or books?, just curious for amazon importing.

Do they count as sets or books?, just curious for amazon importing.

I'd be pretty sure they're sets. No book included. :wink:

No, it's not just you, even I don't even have that black astromech and Gunray, an additional Clone Pilot and BD is always welcome, and of course, that new Santa Yoda is a nice exclusive fig - not really bad of a line-up IMO. This advent calendar gives a chance to others who don't have these figs to finally own them, which is good, but apparently not to those who own multiples of Chewbacca or have hundreds of BDs, Clones, and Stromies in their rich SW collection.

Not to mention another mouse droid. Ever since 6211 Star Destroyerm I've wanted one of those. :grin:

Just took a good hard look at the advent calendar over at brickset, and one thing just popped into my head:

There's no way TLG would print a brand new torso just for a one-off advent calendar novelty Yoda Santa. This then leads to the obvious conclusion that we're going to see an updated take on the Lego Santa in this year's Winter set, featuring the very same torso design that Yoda is sporting in the calendar. Besides, TLG does love to give us little hints here and there, right?

I never imagined Santa would have such a strong understanding and knowledge of The Force.

How else does He get round the world in one night force speed :laugh:.

There's no way TLG would print a brand new torso just for a one-off advent calendar novelty Yoda Santa. This then leads to the obvious conclusion that we're going to see an updated take on the Lego Santa in this year's Winter set, featuring the very same torso design that Yoda is sporting in the calendar. Besides, TLG does love to give us little hints here and there, right?

Why wouldn't they make a one-time-use torso? They do it all the time for other Licensed minifigs.

There's no way TLG would print a brand new torso just for a one-off advent calendar novelty Yoda Santa.

Why not? There have been rare minifigs in advent calendars before, and they make "one-off" promotional figs all the time, so why not put one in the calendar? And it would be hard to use this torso for a normal Santa because of the green neck. It might get covered up by the beard, but it would still be odd.

If we were talking about a completely new mold, that would be a different story...

I never imagined Santa would have such a strong understanding and knowledge of The Force. :laugh:

I've always known that. At least ever since I have known KimT. :tongue:

Why not do a one-time-only 'fig? Those happen all the time. Advent-calendar exclusive 'fig? Last year we had two in one calendar. (Kingdoms Prince and Queen)

Thanks for the picture :thumbup:

However the same can't be said for the set, wow, what a horrible advent calender, that set is pretty useless to me, I have never liked the minis. Why couldn't they have done little scenes with a speederbike, STAP or mini walker like the promo polybags?? The only good thing is you get a TIE Pilot, R2-Q5 and a Clone Pilot and the others are all fodder. The new fig spot was wasted, I don't need a CW Santa Yoda, at least a regular yoda I would be ok with :hmpf:

Probably will be overpriced too

My thoughts exactly.

Thanks for the picture, though, Grogall!

The Star Wars advent calendar certainly looks more appealing than this years awful City offering :hmpf_bad:

Might have to get one of these, the models will come in handy for a comic book store type building in my city. Slave 1, the X Wing & Y Wing all appeal, the Chewy... meh! Already got one & Santa Yoda is a bit of a strange one! :sceptic: