KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Hey, what can we say, it just sounds like the natural counterpart to the Luke fig. I would've personally preferred something a bit more esoteric, but final sales of the book itself will confirm or deny whether or not it was a hit. There's no question the first encyclopedia would've barely sold a fraction of its sales if not for the Luke fig.

Along with some other's one of the changes GL makes to the OT should be giving Chewie a medal, it was slightly unfair.

Not to get off topic, but it's worth mentioning that if he did that it would be a CGI addition, which never turned out well the last times they tried it, and it would contradict the A New Hope comic book, which states
Chewbacca the Wookiee, too, will have his own medal...but he will have to put it on himself.

Few space-princesses are that tall.

(and the '...' is in the comic, I didn't omit anything)

Will Han have a fully buttoned shirt or regular open shirt?

I think some people will be mad if Han and Threepio are not in that set, but I'll go for it, given that I have multiples of both. If it brings the price down, I'll be happy.

:sweet: I was right! I think Ceremony Han was one of our earliest guesses on this forum. I for one am not at all surprised.

And about Chewie, he did receive a medal, it's just not shown in the movie because Leia couldn't reach to put the medal around his neck. He supposedly got one after the ceremony.

George Lucas didn't have a medal big enough to put around Chewbacca's neck. :wink:

By the way Klaus-Dieter ,

He is called Salacious Crumb (I think). And another one of his species appeared on The Clone Wars Season 2 episode 17 "Bounty Hunters" in Turk Falso's Pirate Tank (that little rat blew up those turtle dudes the Bounty Hunters and Jedi were helping :angry: ,I liked those turtle guys cos they walk like JaJa :laugh: )

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

He is called Salacious Crumb (I think). And another one of his species appeared on The Clone Wars Season 2 episode 17 "Bounty Hunters" in Turk Falso's Pirate Tank.

While we're being geeky about it, he's a Kowakian Monkey Lizard.

When is the encclopedia coming out

*sigh* Check the first post, people. It says September-October.

Again about the Hoth Echo Base:

Since Han and C-3PO are already included in last year's AT-AT, it's very unlikely that we'll get them in the HEB, too.

I bet that the HEB will be in size and price very similar to last year's AT-AT and will include Pilot Luke, Pilot Dack Ralter, two Snowtroopers, two Hoth Rebel Troopers, Medical Droid and Major Bren Darlin, a Snowspeeder, the ion canon, a big gate, the control center and the medical room. What do you think?

I think your close, but I don't think TLG would give us another gate another snowspeeder another control room etc. Or would they? :look:

I hope it is a set based on the shield generator with Luke, Han, Medical Droid, medical bay or smaller attached rooms, Major Bren, some ion cannons or turrets and some snowtroopers and rebel troopers.

I had a feeling it would be Yavin (Medal) Han in the book as the promo fig, it doesn't bother me but it isn't going to have me jumping for joy anytime soon

Edited by Macoco

My initial feelings on TBOH where a replica of home One with a snowspeeder replacing the A-wing, a medical bay replacing the conference room, and a war room replacing the bridge. However as we have had to wait so long I doubt it will be a normal set as this.

Hmm. I was really hoping it wasn't Celebration Han- really all it is is his old torso with a medal on it, not much new.

I'm also getting the feeling Jabba's Palace and Hoth aren't happening.

Edited by The Legonater

The new description of the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia confirms that the exclusive figure is Han Solo with medal from Yavin IV.

As everyone had thought previously. Oh well, I won't be getting the book so not a big loss there.

That sounds good to me, maybe they should do a Chewy too, even though he didn't get one.

Actually, wouldn't they need to make a whole new mould if Chewbacca got a medal? Doesn't seem very likely to happen.

Actually, wouldn't they need to make a whole new mould if Chewbacca got a medal? Doesn't seem very likely to happen.

Yes, but considering the number of new molds they're doing for the Collectible Minifigs, it's not that unlikely. Not like we don't have a ton of new (apparently China) alien molds for SW in the past year already.

I'm also getting the feeling Jabba's Palace and Hoth aren't happening.

Well Jabba's Palace was just an unsourced rumor like Cloud City, but HEB was on the front page KimT Himself put it there so it has to be right, also it was on brickset (I think) with the N-1, and that turned out to be real.

A celebration Chewie for next year maybe (regardless whether or not He got a medal int the film).

Are we really still talking about a Celebration Chewbacca? He didn't get a medal in the film, so it would only be confusing. It'd be even more confusing that TLG would do a new mold for an event that wasn't on screen.

Why not use a brand new mold for a character we don't have that was in the film? I can name plenty.

*snip*

Again about the Hoth Echo Base:

Since Han and C-3PO are already included in last year's AT-AT, it's very unlikely that we'll get them in the HEB, too.

I bet that the HEB will be in size and price very similar to last year's AT-AT and will include Pilot Luke, Pilot Dack Ralter, two Snowtroopers, two Hoth Rebel Troopers, Medical Droid and Major Bren Darlin, a Snowspeeder, the ion canon, a big gate, the control center and the medical room. What do you think?

About the rumored Jabba's Palace:

How detailed it'll be and how many minifigs there'll be included will absolutely depend on its size and price. But I think it won't be less than 150 Euros and not more than 270 Euros.

For minifigs I at least await Jabba, Gamourrean Guard, Jedi Knight Luke, bounty hunter Leia, Han, Han in carbonite, Bib Fortuna and Boba. But some more minifigs would be necessary: Slave Leia, Goink Droid, "Torture Droid", two band members, other guard, bounty hunter Lando, C-3PO, R2-D2 and that small animal that sits in front of Jabba. What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Your guesses sound quite ambitious (big and expensive sets which make their economic success bit of a risk) but reasonable. And btw. - i hope that you will be right. :classic:

On the other hand it is not that likely that new Boba and Han in Carbonite (main reasons to get a Slave I) will be included in another set this soon. A good model of the Ion Cannon would significantly increase the number of parts, thus increasing set size and price.

To be honest i don't think that TLC will give us such exclusive super minifig combinations in just one set respectively. I like the idea of course.

For the Hoth Echo Base i really hope for a gate and stuff. A set to combine with the AT-AT and ending up with a good recreation of the Battle of Hoth. The old base goes for 150 EUR - way out of value for a set with so few bricks'n figs. I made an exception by overspending for the Calamari Cruiser. A few very special goodies are necessary to persuade me into doing this...

Well in February I was on brickipedia on the 2011 page and saw a set in the SW section called Saeese(I don't know if that is spelled right)Tin's Jedi Starfighter.

It said it came with one minifig Saeese Tin but it didn't say it came with an astromech. But the next week I went to show my friends but it was gone. It didn't have a picture though. And I am telling the TRUTH so I am not lying.

Fake or not? What do you think?

Well in February I was on brickipedia on the 2011 page and saw a set in the SW section called Saeese(I don't know if that is spelled right)Tin's Jedi Starfighter.

It said it came with one minifig Saeese Tin but it didn't say it came with an astromech. But the next week I went to show my friends but it was gone. It didn't have a picture though. And I am telling the TRUTH so I am not lying.

That's been long proven to be false.

This rumor has been around for a couple years now, from everything from fake lists and foreign 'sources' to fan-made box art. It's fake.

As said many times b4. It is very fake. It was part of a contest if I'm not mistaken.

You believe brickipedia over us? :laugh:

Good luck.

You believe brickipedia over us? :laugh:

I didn't know it was mentioned before and I was just telling everyone because I remembered it. So I didn't believe anyone because I was unsure.

I like the SSD, too bad I probably don't have enough for it after all the new themes...that dengar fig makes me happy.

You can brickli k the figure if it makes you happy, but it will cost a lot.

Well, the set itself will be amazing. I don't really want to pay 30+ for dengar on BL haha that would be quite a sad day.

Edited by Commander Keller