KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Please tell me I'm not the only one who realized he was kidding.

I don't think very many of us believe him, but just because it's something we'd like to see we don't not believe him. If that makes sense.

PS - I recall having read some story (with actual photos) about the Lego design team having created a Super Star Destroyer several years back. I wonder if they've been sitting on this for awhile?

I know what you're talking about, but if I remember correctly the Executor model in question was about as long as half a dozen people were wide, which puts it out of any price range anyone would be able to afford.

There's never been a more appropriate situation for LEGO_facepalm.gif

If he is kidding he needs to be a little more unrealistic. That's a believable set, set name(they won't call it Executor), piece count, and price range. It's also the most iconic OT ship that hasn't been made a set so it's bound to happen at some point.

Edited by StoutFiles

I haven't heard of such a UCS set - but then again I haven't heard anything yet :laugh:

Hi Lego is doing something great but what will we know more in October

Awesome - can't wait for October to come :wub:

And you guys can trust legomilk - I do.

Anyone has seen this set 10221?

found in lego.com cache?

New UCS set

10221-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Edited by whung

OMG !

Now that's a UCS ! :laugh:

But where's Boba Fett to join the rest of the bounty hunters eh ?

May the sith brick be with you. :grin:

:oh3: Well, I guess that answers that question...

The set looks great. It's unfortunate that it doesn't include Boba, as that means that they want you to get both sets (and therefore have two Bossks...). Hopefully Dengar has been upgraded, his last print was OK, but he needs a new face (as his last was a plain ol' smiley!). Sadly, I feel that this will cost too much to fit my budget, what with all the amazing sets from this and other themes coming out this year. Still, can't wait for clearer pictures! :cry_happy:

Thanks for the pic whung!

Edited by Cad Bane

That is crazy, the economy will get a much needed boost due to all the SW fans paying hundreds of dollars to get one.

Wow, that's cool, if it's legit. Love the collection of bounty hunters.

It is most likely legit, the image is hosted at cache.lego.com.

:sweet: Now I'm lovin' that!

Thanks for the pics! I'm glad to see some figures with it, but surely there's no interior?

This just goes to show how we should have more trust in other members. :tongue:

There's never been a more appropriate situation for LEGO_facepalm.gif

Kidding, eh? :sadnew:

Erm why are they figs with no place to put them? The Falcon, and Lambada where supposed to be minifig scale, but this clearly isn't, and where is Boba Fett?

Erm why are they figs with no place to put them?

I think that LEGO has at this point fully realized the extent to which many people love minifigures. Obviously, the collection of figures doesn't have anything to do with the Super Star Destroyer at all, but hey, who wouldn't want them? Plus, it looks like a new head-wrap (and I'm sure a new face) for Dengar.

So, sure, it doesn't make much sense, but it doesn't really make any less sense than Obi-Wan being in the new podrace set. I guess it's just a new trend to through figures into absolutely everything to help it sell, especially after the failure of the Jedi Starfighter UCS.

Could you please post the link to lego's cache?

The image looks like a photoshopped pic of the MOC UCS Executor that was shown some time ago on the net.

Please understand that I'm not saiyng you are a liar: it's just that such a set would just be like Jabba's palace or a new Cloud City. It seems just that little bit too much "right-on-the-spot", if you know what I mean.

Obviously, I assure you I'll be the first to apologize if it turns out to be the real deal. Indeed, if it's true I'll pre-order it in a matter of nanoseconds, since it's just my second most desidered UCS after the Venator Cruiser.

Judging by its size, maybe they will once again open pre-orders now for the set, with its release date around next october, just as the MF. Mmmmmmmm... (**drools over keyboard**)

Anyone has seen this set 10221?

found in lego.com cache?

New UCS set

IMG

That's a pretty impressive set. :thumbup: The ship itself looks enormous, especially next to the mini-scale Imperial Star Destroyer. I don't know how I pleased I am with the minifigure selection, but it's good that we get a new Dengar and another Bossk.

Edited by Captain Tamamono

Thanks for sharing this whung! :thumbup: (I would never doubt the reliability of our Numero Uno Bothan Spy) :wink: Even for someone who has never been a fan of the Imperial Fleet I really find this UCS Executor a very promising display model. I don't actually mind the figs, they aren't really something new to be excited about, though it's quite weird seeing out-of-scale minifigs included in a UCS set.

:wub:

I am loving the looks of this set. Looks like it might be a little too tall, but I'd need to see a side view to confirm that.

Well that is TOTALLY sick! This will be my first USC set if it's real. It does look pretty real! Can't wait to find out. :classic:

Thank you very much for this picture, whung, and for this information, Sir von Lego! :classic:

Since I'm absolutely no UCS lover, I don't take any interest in this set.

More than this - I even dislike it that TLG releases the Executor as an UCS set since this takes away the possibility that we'll get a new System scale ISD (with more and new minifigs and a greater interior) in the next years. :cry_sad:

I really hope that the rumor of Jabba's Palace (it was said to be 10224 while the UCS Executor is 10221) is right since if we don't get any huge OT set this year, 2011 would definately be the worst year for System scale OT fans ever.

Klaus-Dieter

As a Lego Star Wars collector, I have been waiting for an Executor-Class Star Dreadnought for years :cry_happy: ! These must be the best news of the whole year and deffinitely my most anticipated set. I love how the TLC stucked with the original color palette instead of going for the Star Destroyer look. The Executor is dark grey with some blue in it, and this color captures that essence perfectly. The size, the plates at the sides, the comparative Star Destroyer, the minifigures, everything is better than I wished for. To be honest, the only other thing that will make this better is if they include all the Bounty Hunters presented at the boarding scene. This includes Zuckuus and 4-LOM.

Edited by darkrebellion

:tongue:

Well that is TOTALLY sick! This will be my first USC set if it's real. It does look pretty real! Can't wait to find out. :classic:

I said the Imperial Shuttle will be my first UCS set and I haven't bought it yet - and now I want THIS piece of awesomeness. But I prefer to wait for some bigger pics. Maybe it's not so cool as it looks, the greebles and other stuff on the top of the ship look a little bit.. strange.

It would be great if they made an interior. Putting some figs in the set only for the ship selling better isn't exactly the fine art.

Thanks for the infos, bothans! twittered

If you open the picture in a new window, the address for the actual graphic is http://cache.lego.com/images/shop/prod/10221-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Ok, now I'm officially retarded :laugh:

Anyway, sorry, Whung. Your pic does seem legit.

Now, let's just hope they don't get too greedy. Even though I love this ship, there's no way I'm shelling out 550-600+ euros for this beast, no matter how huge it is. <=450 and I'm in.

Hi,

Don't want to be pretentious (well, a little bit, ok :tongue: ), but with that only pic, I'm pretty proud to see that my Executor looks better, by far. :p

I'm curious to see how the rear side will be executed.

Thanks for the pics anyway.