KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Also, the Droideka is :thumbdown:. While it looks fairly accurate, it's way too big.

I'll have to agree with you there... while the legs are definitely better done, the eyes don't make any sense at all. It seems that with every new rendition of it, it goes one step backward...

Edited by yellost

I'll have to agree with you there... while the legs are definitely better done, the eyes don't make any sense at all. It seems that with every new rendition of it, it goes one step backward...

Yeah, but I can understand why it's so hard for LEGO to make a good Droideka. It's nearly impossible to make it both articulate and the correct size. :sceptic:

Yeah, but I can understand why it's so hard for LEGO to make a good Droideka. It's nearly impossible to make it both articulate and the correct size. :sceptic:

The just need to make one or two new molds to get it correct.

Here is a picture of three of the microships - Slave-1, Imperial Shuttle, and A-Wing

micro_ships.jpg

Slave-1 Micros (Sorry I am missing 1 piece on my Midi Scale, and three pieces on Boba's Slave-1 Mini

slave-1s.jpg

Here are Comparison pictures of the three Droidikas models

droideka_v3.jpg

droideka_v3_2.jpg

droideka_v3_3.jpg

I think I did the hard links right...

if not go here when the gallerys go public

Muddy's Gallery

Here are Comparison pictures of the three Droidikas models

*snip*

Wow, when compared to the 2007 version, the new droideka doesn't look that bad. Then again, the 2007 droideka was also the worst one. :sceptic:

Wow, when compared to the 2007 version, the new droideka doesn't look that bad. Then again, the 2007 droideka was also the worst one. :sceptic:

...and the first is still the best, IMO.

Ditto to that. The size is by far the most accurate. Why they don't just bite the bullet and make a new mold for the back/arms/guns part I don't know. It could be so much better.

Ditto to that. The size is by far the most accurate. Why they don't just bite the bullet and make a new mold for the back/arms/guns part I don't know. It could be so much better.

I think the binoc guns are okay; not the best, but they look LEGO-ish. A new shorter arm, back plate mold, and some sort of smaller three-sided core piece are what this minifig really needs.

I'm glad they returned to the original Droideka eyes on this new one. Also, is there any more news on that rumour Jabba's Palace and those other sets?

Yeah, it's perfectly sized compared to a minifig. The only thing it really needs is a red "eye".

Hmm. The newest Droideka looks best, but the second version also looks good.

If you take the hip area from the second version, add more brown parts (accuracy aside, I think the arms and bottom need to be brown), and modify the head, that would probably look best, in my opinion. :classic:

droideka_v3_3.jpg

No I think the first Droideka is the best. However a mix of all 3 might produce something worth while.

The body and modified legs of the 3rd, a mixture of all 3 heads, and the old arms, in brown or dark grey.

Edited by Mr Man

:cry_sad: sob sob, all this news or system sets yet still no clue as to the UCS set this year, still no news is good news and it must be something special! :laugh:

:cry_sad: sob sob, all this news or system sets yet still no clue as to the UCS set this year, still no news is good news and it must be something special! :laugh:

Well, we have heard of a UCS Jabba's Palace and a UCS Cloud City, that's some clues.

I'm really surprised we have no pictures of the Hoth Echo Base set yet. We have pics of all other sets from the summer wave, but no information at all about the Base...

Well, we have heard of a UCS Jabba's Palace and a UCS Cloud City, that's some clues.

I'm really surprised we have no pictures of the Hoth Echo Base set yet. We have pics of all other sets from the summer wave, but no information at all about the Base...

We havent heard any credible information about a UCS set. Cloud City is wishful thinking by many people and Jabbas Palace is a rumor from a website that could not be linked to.

Cloud City is wishful thinking

well, there was the ''UCS lobot'' clue, rember the new clear pieces, no minifiges. they are from the new podracers, so the UCS CC seems possible

We havent heard any credible information about a UCS set. Cloud City is wishful thinking by many people and Jabbas Palace is a rumor from a website that could not be linked to.

Sure they are rumors, but I wouldn't say that we have no clues at all :wink: The advent calendar started as a rumor as well.

well, there was the ''UCS lobot'' clue, rember the new clear pieces, no minifiges. they are from the new podracers, so the UCS CC seems possible

Of course it's possible, but there has been no real information about it.

The UCS Lobot wasn't a clue; Hyland isn't legally allowed to talk about the sets he's seen. He said something that would sound ridiculous, and since everyone wants a Cloud City anyways they construed it to be some sort of hint.

Sure they are rumors, but I wouldn't say that we have no clues at all :wink: The advent calendar started as a rumor as well.

The Naboo Royal Starship and Malevolence were also rumors. How'd those turn out? I could go start a Yavin IV rumor on another site and be just as credible as these other rumors.

All I'm saying is that until confirmed by a credible site, don't go crazy with rumors.

Edited by StoutFiles

quick question, are droidekas not considered as minifigures?

cause it says that the naboo fighter has only 5 figures....

quick question, are droidekas not considered as minifigures?

cause it says that the naboo fighter has only 5 figures....

I doubt the are, seeing as they are built out of a bunch of normal LEGO parts and no unique minifig parts. Like, the first set they appeared in had two of them and Obi-Wan, and that was the set!