KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Personally, most of these rumours sound fake. Yoda's Hut is barely a wanted set- they've done it once, and that's all that needs to be done. The Stun Tank was in Season 2, and most of those charecters are mixed around the series. Of the new rumours, Jabba's Palace is the most likely- especially seeing as how the 30th anniversary of RotJ is coming up. And remember- there was that 'UCS Lobot' clue.

Yoda's Hut is barely a wanted set- they've done it once, and that's all that needs to be done.

I agree.

The Stun Tank was in Season 2, and most of those charecters are mixed around the series.

Not that I want this set, but from an 'innocent until proven guilty' outlook, TLG does know what vehicles and characters are coming up as major players in Season 4.

And remember- there was that 'UCS Lobot' clue.

I think that was said to be a joke, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Well now I read Wookiepedia on the subject, I see that the Hut didn't exist when Yoda arrived, because it was him who built it. And he built it with many parts of the pod. But honestly who of the LEGO buyers will care? I honestly doubt anyone besides me knows or cares bout these kind of details. :tongue:

Yes, I know the X-Wing is the most Iconic ship of the saga (probably only beaten by the Falcon), but we've had enough of them, no?

Bah, retcons...

What do you mean? We've only had two System renditions of the X-wing (the latter of which, accuracy aside, actually looks worse than the first one).

The way I see it is these rumors are false until they're true-right now these are false to me. I highly doubt this will make it to the 'true' stage. Everybody can conjure up set names and numbers and minifigs-But only Tlgs hi res of the real deal will convince me. At this point with all the rumored 'Exlcusives' I think we can conclude that somebody's fibbing...

The unlikeliness of most of these rumors hit me when I read this:

Kids who make up the majority of the toy consumers are too young to have seen The Phantom Menace in theaters in '99.

Thanks, Drock. If the target market is now too young to even remember the Prequels, what chance do they have of even knowing there was an Original Trilogy? I guess those other guys were right when they said the license would have died without the Neo-Clone Wars because none of these kids have even heard of all the other stuff. :hmpf_bad:

Yoda's Hut is barely a wanted set- they've done it once, and that's all that needs to be done.

Yeah, kids don't want a real Yoda who's there to teach us things about the Force, they want a

. :tongue: Edited by fallenangel309

Personally, most of these rumours sound fake. Yoda's Hut is barely a wanted set- they've done it once, and that's all that needs to be done. The Stun Tank was in Season 2, and most of those charecters are mixed around the series. Of the new rumours, Jabba's Palace is the most likely- especially seeing as how the 30th anniversary of RotJ is coming up. And remember- there was that 'UCS Lobot' clue.

I probably speak for myself, but Yoda's hut would be quite nice, even without a vehicle.

Also, Lobot should be in Cloud City, not Jabba's palace. :tongue: I'm almost sure the "UCS Lobot" clue was a joke that wasn't indicative of anything.

Yeah, kids don't want a real Yoda who's there to teach us things about the Force, they want a

. :tongue:

Even worse, basically everything that Yoda said in Empire has been negated by the prequels.

"Size matters not" - Yes, unless fighting someone who can match your Force skill. Then you have to over exert yourself to keep up physically. Size DOES matter.

"Always with you it can not be done" - Yes, but luckily Luke has lots of midichlorines.

"That is why you fail" - You won't fail if you're one with the Force! "Into exile I must go. Failed, I have" Oh, well you're an expert on failing then. Maybe you should have teamed up with Obi-Wan against Sidious?

"Ready are you? What know you of ready" - You're very wise when it comes to knowing who's ready! And if you think otherwise, well, you won't do anything about it and let premonitions of grave danger be ignored.

Actually, CGI allowing Lucas to use all of his imagination was one of the biggest humanity mistakes...right next to the Hindenburg... :devil:

I believe at least some of you are interested in the new keychains since the magnetsets are glued. Well, I guess Lego felt bad because these new keychains are actually pretty sweet. Only glued between legs and torso, the rest are held together with the metal pin. Have a look at my Boba keychain and Cad Bane below...

bobafett2keych.jpg

cadbane1keych.jpg

There is of course still a hole on top of their helmets/heads/hats but no glue in between. With the Boba keychain you actually get a undamaged jetpack and cape. I cut the metal pin at the top of the torso´s neck. All headgear stays on well and doesnt fall of (unlike the hair on magnetset Anakin for an example). Torso and legs are chinaplastic, but I´m not sure about the other parts.

The keychains I recieved today were Aayla (finally go her cheap :classic: ), Cad Bane, Boba, Palpatine (deathstar) and Bossk.

A final pic to compare keychain-Boba with 8097 Boba (noticeable differences: Legs and arms are more like medium blue on keychain-Boba instead of sandblue, The waist is the same colour as the legs on keychainBoba. The little logo on Boba´s right chest is actually clearer on keychain-Boba than on 8097 Boba :sceptic: .:

bobacompare.jpg

Do you think it's possible TLC will release a stand-alone X-wing for around $29.99? What about a new stand-alone Y-wing? That would be great. :D

I feel the answer would be no, why would Lego make one when 6212 is still available and containing a large number of main SW characters......heck we even get Wedge ! :laugh:

Though I do see your logic, two years ago Vader's tie fighter with the man in black was release and in Oz was just under 50 bucks AU...much less in the US if my memory serves me correct.

Anyway, 'Raphy' your post was more a wish than a set rumour, so now are there no other whispers of Hoth Base or anything else ? :wink:

Maybe the Oz Toy Fair in two weeks....maybe something then eh ? :wink:

Actually, CGI allowing Lucas to use all of his imagination was one of the biggest humanity mistakes...right next to the Hindenburg... :devil:

the only mistake with the hindenburg was hydrogen, be fine with helium.

About Jabba's Palace, does anyone remember those re-designed Gamorreans seen in Bombad Bounty? Could that be possibly be a hint for the rumored set? :look: The Quest for R2-D2 did have hints for 2010's Winter sets, so could this be another?

About Jabba's Palace, does anyone remember those re-designed Gamorreans seen in Bombad Bounty? Could that be possibly be a hint for the rumored set? :look: The Quest for R2-D2 did have hints for 2010's Winter sets, so could this be another?

Those promotional shorts never had more infos and prefer to make up new designs by themselves than using something that is in developement from the future sets.

Quest for Artoo from 2009 also had Carbonite Han Solo and General Grievous in it of which the first looks nothing like the block from the 2010 Slave One and the second is the same figure as the years before but with more colors as to make him more in line with the other figures they use in the movies.

The Gamorrean seems to fall in line with Grievous, as he has the same mold as the offical figure but the short had this part now colored with white teeth, grey armor and the like to make him not stick out of the crowd as if he would when they had used the original figure 1 to 1, which is plain sand green.

In one of the new "comics" There´s a Dengar with the new Prince of persia headwrap. Same torso as before but couldn´t see if there was a new head on him.

Ah, that was the poster mentioned a couple pages back. Not bad at all.

Well, as usual we will never see this in France, we will have to crawl ebay for that, disappointing

I for one would love to see a revamp of Jabba's Palace. I'm lucky in that I still have the original boxed along with the 2 bolt-on smaller packs (Jabba's Prize and Message I think they were called). Jabba also needs a new re-mold and the Guards also need it. I do wish the TLG would do more in the way of diaramas as the Palace would look awesome if done right.

We could also use a Rancor. The large Rock Monster that was put into the Power Miners set last year could easily be remolded into this.

My brother and I were also talking about how the Ultimate Death Star could also be redesigned to form an ultimate Cloud City. There were plenty of areas of Cloud City in Empire which could fill the Death Star space. I would pay through the nose for that.!

Speaking of the Ultimate Death Star, does anyone know how long this will be available for..?

Well, as usual we will never see this in France, we will have to crawl ebay for that, disappointing

Yes you right, in France, we havent got the news sets (or just in my country).

Speaking of the Ultimate Death Star, does anyone know how long this will be available for..?

It appears that they're unloading the last of it now. Get it while you can, this will be a fortune on the resell market.

I think that the exclusive sets we will get will be the stun tank, naboo fighter (obviously), hoth base and a UCS jabbas palace. Why? We had 4 exclusive sets last year ( Cad Banes Speeder, mid-scale star destroyer, AT-AT and Imperial Shuttle) not counting Obi-wans Starfighter. SOOOOOOOO, I think the stun tank will be like Cad Banes Speeder, the naboo fighter will be like the mid-scale SD, the hoth base will be like the AT-AT and the Palace will be like the Imperial Shuttle. :sweet:

I think the naboo fighter will be like the mid-scale SD

No way- the naboo fighter's not big enough for MIDI scale, and it has figs.

No way- the naboo fighter's not big enough for MIDI scale, and it has figs.

I meant that it might have near that amount of pieces, not that its midi scale. Sorry for the confusion. :blush:

I meant that it might have near that amount of pieces, not that its midi scale. Sorry for the confusion. :blush:

Who would pay $40 for an N-1?!

And a $100 Echo Base just wouldn't suffice... it's no Endor bunker, that's for sure. I think it'd have to be at least $150. And Jabba's palace would have to be at least $300 if it were to include a decently sized room with all the minifigures we want in it...