KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Same here. I don't recall very many 10***s in that price range. (only one off the top of my head is 10026)

Man, that was just a bad excuse for a UCS set. Not to mention that I just spent a paragraph bashing the N-1 in the "Clone Wars vs. Original Trilogy vs. Prequels" thread...

The set almost sounds too good to be true. But we did get 10188, so I suppose there's hope.

Indeed- wasn't it a Japenese site that revealed the Caurasel and Tantitive IV a few years ago?

And Imperial Shuttle (set 10212) last year.

All the sets have already been announced. You'll have to wait until 2012 for more OT sets.

You don't think we'll get any OT battle packs this year? Will there be a PT battle pack at least?

You don't think we'll get any OT battle packs this year? Will there be a PT battle pack at least?

:hmpf:

This has been answered before, all the normal sets are known; battle packs are winter releases only, so you have to wait until January to get new battle packs.

Thank you all very much for the new pics! :classic:

My mind towards the MF and the Ewok Attack changed completely after having seen all these pictures:

Ewok Attack :thumbdown:

- much too much senseless action stuff :thumbdown:

- tree looks like a child's MOC :thumbdown:

- no Stromtrooper

- worse design of the speederbike than the ones included in The Battle of Endor

+ only the two new Ewoks look amazing and will make me buying this set :wub:

Millenium Falcon :thumbup:

- no walls between the different rooms

- no really new minifigures :thumbdown:

+ training ball

+ elaborated interior (esp. the control desks) :wub:

Btw: Do you think that the bearings of the MF are retractable? That would be great!

Sorry , i was searching with G and ... i don't know ...

sorry... :sad:

i don't remember - it was japanese website or something... :wacko:

Thank you very much for this information, nrg! :classic:

A new Jabba's Palace sounds amazing! :oh:

It's even very plausible that we'll get a new Jabba's Palace since firstly the last one was released in 2003 and since secondly TLG can in this way again use their new molds and designs for Han, Han in carbonite and Boba.

Since it for sure is in a price range between 150 Euros/Dollars and 260 Euros/Dollars, it'll have a lot of potential!

A Rancor is completely unrealistic to believe - but maybe we'll get a midi-scale version of it (like the TIE in the 10188 DS) together with a mcrofigure of Luke.

A Jabba's Sail Barge included in this set is imo completely excluded, too, since it would rise the price to much.

Very likely is a small prison, a blacksmith room, a resized entrance and the hall with the throne and Han in carbonite.

For new minifigs I bet for bounty hunter Leia, Scarlac and a new guard.

What do you think?

So I bet for a new CC in 2012.

Klaus-Dieter

A new Jabba's Palace sounds amazing! :oh:

It's even very plausible that we'll get a new Jabba's Palace since firstly the last one was released in 2003 and since secondly TLG can in this way again use their new molds and designs for Han, Han in carbonite and Boba.

Since it for sure is in a price range between 150 Euros/Dollars and 260 Euros/Dollars, it'll have a lot of potential!

A Rancor is completely unrealistic to believe - but maybe we'll get a midi-scale version of it (like the TIE in the 10188 DS) together with a mcrofigure of Luke.

A Jabba's Sail Barge included in this set is imo completely excluded, too, since it would rise the price to much.

Very likely is a small prison, a blacksmith room, a resized entrance and the hall with the throne and Han in carbonite.

For new minifigs I bet for bounty hunter Leia, Scarlac and a new guard.

What do you think?

Yes, Sail Barge is very unlikely. Skiff, maybe, but if not, I doubt Sarlacc will be in there. And by blacksmith room I'm assuming you mean the droid torture chamber. Maybe a new EV-9D9, or another Gonk Droid.

My biggest question (next to 'is this real?') is if TLG will finally get the guts to print Jabba! He's been due for it since 06. :tongue:

And by blacksmith room I'm assuming you mean the droid torture chamber. Maybe a new EV-9D9, or another Gonk Droid.

Yes, I did mean that.

My biggest question (next to 'is this real?') is if TLG will finally get the guts to print Jabba! He's been due for it since 06. :tongue:

I completely agree with you, CallMePie!

Jabba for sure will be printed (like the Tauntaun and the Wampa) and for sure will be in grey (like the Tauntaun).

Klaus-Dieter

Yes, I did mean that.

I completely agree with you, CallMePie!

Jabba for sure will be printed (like the Tauntaun and the Wampa) and for sure will be in grey (like the Tauntaun).

Klaus-Dieter

Grey? Jabba's color varies from green to a reddish brown. There's no grey at all.

His eyes are an orange-yellow combination resembling a cat eye.

Possible new minifigs are Boushh, printed Jabba, printed Gamorrean, Max Rebo, Oola, and the Rancor keeper.

have you seen this

Is that supposed to be a question?

No, I don't think we've seen them, just heard about them. I've not seen them, at least. Thank you for the pic, papa jedi. :thumbup:

I take it the keychain will be attached to Palpatine's head and not just his hood? I'm not too familiar with keychains.

I take it the keychain will be attached to Palpatine's head and not just his hood? I'm not too familiar with keychains.

Yeah. The rod will go all the way down through the neck.

Is that supposed to be a question?

No, I don't think we've seen them, just heard about them. I've not seen them, at least. Thank you for the pic, papa jedi. :thumbup:

The pics are on shop@home two new magnet sets aswell.

Magnet Set: AT-AT Driver, Ben Kenobi, TIE Fighter Pilot and

Magnet Set: Anakin Skywalker, Thi-Sen and Clone Pilot

yes there should be a pin going through his hood ,head and into the body.

its not so hard to remove with some tools.

Billund air, begone!

5484326119_86e59cbac8_z.jpg

This seems to be a good decision. I doubt prices will fall that much, but at least it won't make you feel like you didn't get your money's worth. I wonder if this means BPs will have virtually the same size boxes as $20 sets? I'd think they'd keep with the current standard sizes, just using a smaller size, but the box art of a BP won't look so good on an impulse-size box.

Via FBTB.

Wasn't sure where to post this, so feel free to move it if it doesn't belong, KimT. (or Stash or KDM)

Interesting...

I know this will be good for Lego fans, but people not in the know will feel ripped off due to the high price of a box so small. We'll see how it goes.

Billund air, begone!

5484326119_86e59cbac8_z.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LEGO sets are expensive enough as it is, so your average LEGO-buying parent will probably just assume that they're getting more so. Maybe LEGO should start putting the approximate dimensions of the finished set on their boxes like they do for some sets on Shop@Home.

Aayla is finally a keychain - very nice. :sweet: That's certainly a cheaper way to get the expensive Aayla fig. Thanks for sharing this papa jedi!

Wasn't sure where to post this, so feel free to move it if it doesn't belong, KimT. (or Stash or KDM)

Interesting news Doc, probably it would be better if this has its own topic.

Interesting news Doc, probably it would be better if this has its own topic.

Okay. Could you please merge the posts here to that topic, then?

So I'm assuming the Jabba's Palace will be the replacement playset for the Death Star? The Death Star is almost 4 years old now, and I think the Palace would surely be interesting! :) And if the rumor actually turns out to be true, could it possibly include more than one variation of a character like in 10188?

So I'm assuming the Jabba's Palace will be the replacement playset for the Death Star? The Death Star is almost 4 years old now, and I think the Palace would surely be interesting! :) And if the rumor actually turns out to be true, could it possibly include more than one variation of a character like in 10188?

I don't think so. The death star was pretty much the ultimate playset, and I don't think TLG will ever do that, because I can't even think of something as iconic as the death star. I'm thinking this will end up in the $150-$250 price range, with maybe 15 minifigs?

I don't think so. The death star was pretty much the ultimate playset, and I don't think TLG will ever do that, because I can't even think of something as iconic as the death star. I'm thinking this will end up in the $150-$250 price range, with maybe 15 minifigs?

Yeah, the Death Star isn't quite the same. However, I would prefer a smaller set for Jabba's palace, similar to the Wampa Attack. Just a small part of the actual palace would be much better for me personally, and if it includes a Rancorr and Jabba then it'd be the perfect set to round out my current collection. :classic:

If they did this with Cloud City it would be just as popular, if not more popular.

hi guys first post around here, although i've been following this thread on a daily basis :laugh:

so, the rumors around a possible Jabba's Palace spiked my interest (since i'm only an OT guy), and if it's true, they can only improve the previous version of it...i'm betting on a diorama style, kind of the Death Star playset, but with less functions to it, and obviously, a lot cheaper (since here, in Portugal, that Death Star set is almost €500)...but it would be nice to get a printed Jabba and a new slave Leia :devil:

on the other hand, if the Palace is true, then it means no Cloud City :cry_sad: i would love to see a new CC set, since i have missed the first one, and i was expecting to see something unique coming from Billund (regarding the CC design) :cry_happy:

hi guys first post around here, although i've been following this thread on a daily basis :laugh:

so, the rumors around a possible Jabba's Palace spiked my interest (since i'm only an OT guy), and if it's true, they can only improve the previous version of it...i'm betting on a diorama style, kind of the Death Star playset, but with less functions to it, and obviously, a lot cheaper (since here, in Portugal, that Death Star set is almost €500)...but it would be nice to get a printed Jabba and a new slave Leia :devil:

on the other hand, if the Palace is true, then it means no Cloud City :cry_sad: i would love to see a new CC set, since i have missed the first one, and i was expecting to see something unique coming from Billund (regarding the CC design) :cry_happy:

yeah, it does seem a shame, as it seems unlikely there would be two large OT sets scheduled for the near future... however, it DOES seem to be a lot of speculation based on an alleged link on an unnamed japanese site that even the OP can't find again....

I'm not casting aspidistras, as I realise he's been a reliable source before, it just seems the response is wildly enthusiastic for what it's based on....