KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

I wouldn't say so. Although the mandibles are bigger, the port mandible isn't very well integrated with the rest of the ship, making it look unfinished. The cockpit appears to be even more massive than before (and they're still using that darn elongated piece), and despite that they still haven't managed to seat four. The equipment access bays have actually been shrunk, which is another step back. And the single pair of lights in the front just looks weird; they should have just left it as a tile.

Agreed. This Falcon's front end is just ugly all 'round. And no, it's not a beautiful type of ugly like the studio model Falcon is.

It's really nice to see Anakin and Assajj having their appropriate new and updated CW outfits. Now this set becomes a must-buy due to these three 'new' minifigs. Thanks for pointing this out Cad Bane and to Kris for the new pics! :thumbup:

Actually, that pic was posted by kris kelvin a page back.

Yes, in fact there are pictures of Ewok Attack and the Falcon as well. All credit goes to kris kelvin. I was merely referencing them. In no way did I mean to take credit, I was just pointing out what I noticed.

On another note...wow the Dathomir Speeder, sorry Sith Nightspeeder has a freakish number of stickers. :hmpf_bad: It's a bit too much I'm afraid. Hopefully we'll get lucky and some will be printed, but I highly doubt it. (this title change is weird as the speeder isn't used by Sith, [just a previously-Sith-assassin and a soon-to-be-Sith-apprentice] but by the people of Dathomir, the Nightbrothers and Nightsisters.)

The positioning of Anakin on that box is also a little funny; it looks like he's staring off in another direction and not paying attention to the fight. I know LEGO always cheats out the figs so that you can clearly see them on the packaging, but it's a bit much in that image.

The two dualists also both apparently got their lightsabers behind the other's. Either they're both really stupid, they're both going to be killed by a stab in the next second or so, or both. :laugh:

Yes, in fact there are pictures of Ewok Attack and the Falcon as well. All credit goes to kris kelvin. I was merely referencing them. In no way did I mean to take credit, I was just pointing out what I noticed.

On another note...wow the Dathomir Speeder, sorry Sith Nightspeeder has a freakish number of stickers. :hmpf_bad: It's a bit too much I'm afraid. Hopefully we'll get lucky and some will be printed, but I highly doubt it. (this title change is weird as the speeder isn't used by Sith, [just a previously-Sith-assassin and a soon-to-be-Sith-apprentice] but by the people of Dathomir, the Nightbrothers and Nightsisters.)

Not your fault; this thread moves quickly,

I agree. But then again I passed on this set from Day 1.

Man, those pics are great to have. I think the problem with Leia is just a glare from a light on the box. Also, I really hope the new Anakin and Ventress torsos are double printed, and that Savage and Maul's horns are made dark tan. I think that colour would fit best overall.

EDIT: Also, is it just me, or does Anakin's blade on the box art look darker that in the line up in the corner. Interesting... :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Fives

I wouldn't say so. Although the mandibles are bigger, the port mandible isn't very well integrated with the rest of the ship, making it look unfinished. The cockpit appears to be even more massive than before (and they're still using that darn elongated piece), and despite that they still haven't managed to seat four. The equipment access bays have actually been shrunk, which is another step back. And the single pair of lights in the front just looks weird; they should have just left it as a tile.

:oh: I can see exactly what your saying and I agree! The cockpit looks likt a massive bulk that isn't integrated well with the rest of the ship, the port side mandible looks really terribly integrated into the rest of the ship, and the 1 headlight in the front does look weird. And I think the section between the two mandibles is sloping downward a little to much, and it looks really plain with no outstanding greebles that I can see which is very un-falcon-esque. I'll still get this, but it will need a major overhaul, better call up Corrillea

the Ewok attack looks meh, but all get it for the figs, and to show some OT love

the Dathomir Speeder still looks ugly, and now it's covered in stickers, great, still rather undecided on it.

I believe that's the UCS MF, sadly. About the new Leia hair, I feel that it's pointless, since we have a perfect incarnation of her hair already. I guess I'll have to switch out her hair with the older one. :sceptic:

EDIT: Brickdocter beat me to it.

Edited by Jar Jar

Isn't that just the UCS MF?? That looks WAY too big to be the one we're getting this summer.

EDIT: Whoops! Looks like a lot of people beat me to it. I need to refresh the page more and I guess I took too long in posting...

Heres a pic of the Sith Infiltrator figures from the video on that site (I know most people have seen it, but here's the pic anyway. It's tiny, but whatever...)

new_minifigs_from_sith_infiltrator.png

Edited by Cad Bane

Uhm sorry I thought it was the new one since it was together with the rest of the 2011 sets. My bad. :sceptic:

I'm not even sure why they'd bring that out, unless to just mess with people.

"Oh wow, that Falcon looks amazing! I'm definitely going to buy it!"

"Yeah...actually this Falcon is the previous model. You can't buy it anymore. Don't worry though, the Falcon coming with these mini figures is smaller and much less accurate!"

Heres a pic of the Sith Infiltrator figures from the video on that site

It always amuses me how inept some of the people setting up at Toy Fairs are. I mean, don't actual LEGO employees set up the models, and can't the look at the box pictures? Why would they put Qui-Gon's hair and lightsaber on Panaka? :wacko:

It always amuses me how inept some of the people setting up at Toy Fairs are. I mean, don't actual LEGO employees set up the models, and can't the look at the box pictures? Why would they put Qui-Gon's hair and lightsaber on Panaka? :wacko:

Trust me, it's that bad everywhere, when I went to Lego Canada, and they had 2010 sets on display, you wouldn't believe all the problems I could see, and these people work for lego! Oh well, as long as the sets in my house are built correctly I don't care :tongue:

The MF is a dissapointment. Unfortunatly, I still don't have one bigger than the midi set. Perhaps we'll get a better system Falcon soon...

Still not sure if I want the Dathmir Speeder Sith Nightspeeder. New figs aside, it's not very impressive.

As for the Ewok Attack, the two ewoks are incredible. But is it just me, or does that tree look like a more detailed version of the one in the Indiana Jones River Attack set?

Edited by The Legonater

At least the displays at TRU are right, but we're getting off topic :wink:

that's because devoted lego fans like me volunteer to set them up :wink:

Anyways, which toy fair were these pictures taken from?

As for the Ewok Attack, the two ewoks are incredible. But is it just me, or does that tree look like a more detailed version of the one int he Indiana Jones River Attack set?

That's what I thought too. :laugh:

I was actually expecting a bit more from the speculated prices, at least another speeder and Biker Scout.

Edited by prateek

I'm not even sure why they'd bring that out, unless to just mess with people.

"Oh wow, that Falcon looks amazing! I'm definitely going to buy it!"

"Yeah...actually this Falcon is the previous model. You can't buy it anymore. Don't worry though, the Falcon coming with these mini figures is smaller and much less accurate!"

Not to mention the TIE/ln fighter that hasn't been available since what, '05?

But is it just me, or does that tree look like a more detailed version of the one in the Indiana Jones River Attack set?

It kinda does look like that, but with a shorter, fatter base. Not that either tree is really that good.

Nice pics! :sweet:

Nightspeeder - Looks alright in my opinion. Though it is asymmetrical which kind of looks odd on this model. Its good that they are reusing Asajj ventress' lightsabre hilt again so its not available in one set.

Ewok Attack - Its a bit on the small side I think. The logs are supposed to be pretty big to take down an AT ST but here it just takes down a measly little speeder... However it is cool that we are getting an Ewok base. I do hope this leads to an Ewok Village next year, that would really be something! This new angle on Logray makes that head look really spooky but interesting at the same time. :thumbup: It seems to have a lot of playibility features so I think this will sell pretty well.

Now for the big news!

Millennium Falcon - This will be my first purchase in this next wave! :cry_happy: Now I realise this isnt the perfect model, but if I wanted the perfect MF I wouldve bought the UCS along time ago. Its mandibles maybe a bit small and the cockpit a tad large. I realise this. But just getting the joy of having a system MF with up to date pieces and prints and minifigs makes it worth it for me. It looks like it opens up because all the top pieces have hinges, so I cant wait to see inside it! :cry_happy: I do like how we get chewie and his gun cause he hasnt had his trusty wookiee bowcaster in a long time! Darth Vader is good just to even it out. While C3PO and R2 may have been more accurate choices for the scene, we have been getting them a lot recently (I got my first two C3POs just in this last year!). Vader is a nice choice, and I do like having a bit of a Vader army. I cant get enough of him. Leia, from this picture, looks different. Now I dont know if thats just the pic or purposefully. But she seems to have a new face with bigger lips and maybe coloured eyes? Her hair colour also seems darker. Its more chocolatey when you compare it to Ben's hood. But is that colour accurate anyway? Cause it looks a bit weird. :wacko:

Wow... looks like a lot of stickers on the Nightspeeder. Overall, it's improved. Anakin's new torso is great, Ventress... not so much. I don't own the original, so I'd still like one.

The Millennium Falcon looks expensive, as expected. The enclosed cockpit is nice though.

I'll probably grab the Ewok Attack for the Biker Scout, although I feel it would have supplemented the BAttle of Endor set better if they'd included a couple of regular stormtroopers (or even an AT-ST driver) instead of another biker scout given there are 2 already in that set.

The MF and the Clone Wars stuff don't interest me at all.

Hhmmm

The speeder...Looks okay I suppose. Could do with another Asajj minifig.

Ewoks: Could certainly do with a few more. No complaints from me

MF: Disappointing. I'm not sold on the mandibles. Maybe it's perspective or something, but they look awful. Love what they did with the cockpit and some of the other details. But those mandibles just rub me the wrong way. The floodlights on the front are a single clear stud?

Honestly I'd have preferred the preliminary version (below)

http://i53.tinypic.com/9hqf7a.jpg

Edited by I Scream Clone
Deeplink removed of preliminary picture. Against Eurobricks policy to display prelims.

I was just thinking. Isn't it odd that Ventress' torso print is of an outfit that she wears for about half an episode and by the time she gets on the speeder and fights Savage and the Jedi, she's in her Nightsister garb. (Now I know that she appears in this outfit in many other materials, but I was under the impression that the main focus was TCW) I'm not complaining though, it's nice to have her with a new print. Not only is there now variety, but the other version remains exclusive and it stays true to the show (kinda).

I don't wanna jump to conclusions, but maybe it's because TLC is planning to release her fanblade starfighter from the scene where she does wear that outfit and didn't want to make another outfit for this speeder set which already includes two other new minifigs. :sweet: