KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

In Rising Malevolence yes but then their Colours were changed to mark the deaths of so many Comrades in that episode.

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks for the help, and I too like this way better!

-Santhor

In Rising Malevolence yes but then their Colours were changed to mark the deaths of so many Comrades in that episode.

Ah, I see. Even though in the first episode of season 2 (Holocron Heist?) when they were on (Felucia?) the wolfpack troops who were rescuing Anikan, Obi-Wan, Captain Rex and the gang still had dark red. Like said though, they're still great. If only they'd come in a smaller set...

Oh, and it seems I have to brush up on my Clone Wars knowledge. :laugh:

-Santhor

Wow I bet this is gonna be the best year yet since 2009 cause of all those awesome new clone patterns and designs, great additions to my growing clone army ;)

The calendar includes as far as is shown two models of the green Slave One and a LAAT/I in the size of the City calendars fire truck and crane and the figures of Nute Gunray, Chewbacca and three pilots (Rebel, Battle Droid, Clone Trooper TCW Style).

Bigger pics are in my photostream: http://www.flickr.co...son/5416164145/

I'm not much of a star wars fan, but these figures look amazing! I love all the new head and hair pieces. It's great to finally see a flesh Padme, but her face looks a lot like Hermione Granger's. Quinlan Vos looks excellent, but I think he should be light flesh. Captain Panaka's hat is fantastic, and Ki-Adi-Mundi looks spectacular. Also, doesn't the MF come with more figures? I'm sure it came with Leia. If it does, does anyone know if she has changed at all since the last one?

Edited by KielDaMan
removed pictures from quote

I'm not much of a star wars fan, but these figures look amazing! I love all the new head and hair pieces. It's great to finally see a flesh Padme, but her face looks a lot like Hermione Granger's. Quinlan Vos looks excellent, but I think he should be light flesh. Captain Panaka's hat is fantastic, and Ki-Adi-Mundi looks spectacular. Also, doesn't the MF come with more figures? I'm sure it came with Leia. If it does, does anyone know if she has changed at all since the last one?

These aren't all the 'figs.

That's incredible! For once I can't find anything to put down. I was originally going to totally skip the Rep. Cruiser, but when the have one of my favorite clones with new details...

Everything else looks spledid too. From Luke's new hairpiece, to the new pilot, to the well done Ewoks- everything from this line up looks great, I can only hope some of the sets are terrible so I can save my wallet.

Edited by The Legonater

Well, to me the new figs seem way to cartonisch, and I am not happy with the 2 part head for maul, savage and ka-di-mundi. It doesnt seem right to me!

You'd rather that these figures didn't have normal minifigure heads so that they could be easily used in other figures? That's silly. If it's a choice between a head with an extension and an entire molded head, I'd much rather have the normal head. That way they are still like normal minifigures, and you can use both the top piece and the head for other figures. For characters who have normal human-looking heads that just have something weird instead of hair, I think it works very well.

If the two pieces would be of equal quallity I wouldn't mind and you would be 100% correct. But for example, I don't see any good combinations for Shaak Ti's headpiece. Wat's the point of making a very detailed Ki Adi Mundi head when there is a horizontal line in the midle of his head, all the way around.

Aayla Secura is one of the few exeptions, because her headpice is an actual headpiece.

Anyway, I have the feeling that everybody is happy when it's new and the fact that it's new is the most important fact.

Edited by Bobskink

The new headpeice doesn't work for Darth Maul but it does for Savage :laugh: (even though I've never heard of this character). Savage also looks cool because he has a new armour piece (I think it is the same as the new Ice Hockey Player collectible figure.

I want Lukes new hair really badly!

Finally it looks like we're going to get darker green lightsaber blade that actually looks green and not yellow :grin:

Well, to me the new figs seem way to cartonisch, and I am not happy with the 2 part head for maul, savage and ka-di-mundi. It doesnt seem right to me!

Same here.

I seriously hope some of these 'figs come as a magnet set, but grouped by one set. I would want Qui-Gon, Padme, Panaka, but no Maul.

Either that or I might wait until next year to buy some of these and hope the 'figs are reissured in a better set.

Don't they glue the magnet sets now?

Yes, but some people are convinced they can remove the glue without damaging the figures. I guess we'll see.

Edited by StoutFiles

Is it just me, or are the green lightsabers included in the summer sets a new shade of green? :sweet:

Hmm, thats interesting. Well, I'll hurry up and get the magnet sets I still want from a place where I now they have not glue'd ones.

Yes, but some people are convinced they can remove the glue without damaging the figures. I guess we'll see.

Actually, on the blog there's been a tutorial posted that showing how to de-glue them without damadgine the fig very much at all.

Or just be a jerk, whatever. I was referring to the Rumor part, and how it's not a rumor anymore since we have a pic of the set's figs.

I've forgotten about that list in the beginning of the post - my bad.

But the set itself has been listed among the other sets with info for a long time which usually is an indicator that we've gotten 99% confirmation about the set.

On the Eurobricks star wars blog?

Yup

All the new minifigures look great! It looks like some of the detail from the Collectible Minifigures is finially making its way to our Star Wars ones. Luke's hair is a bit weird, the Ewoks are lovely, and the new Jedi are awesome!

Is it just me, or are the green lightsabers included in the summer sets a new shade of green? :sweet:

Look new to me!

:wub: to the new figs.

The two new clones are some of the best and along with them are the 3 jedi, all of which I don't have so this set will be a must for me. I like the ewok and am against others thoughts that green doesn't suit the black fur, I think it will be great to have an even bigger variety in our collections. As well as this the new Watto is a must. The only figure which is disappointing to me is the new Luke, only the hair, I was hoping we would get him with the new blonde wavy one everyone uses for Tattoine MOC's, I think it originated from the Collectable Minifigures line.

Does anyone know the prices for these sets, specifically the new MF and the Republic Cruiser?

ANH was on TV in the UK today, and of course, I just had to watch it. Except this time I paid special attention to Luke's hair. I think you could equally get away with using the new hair or surf dude hair for Luke, his parting seems to move from side to centre depending on the direction of the Tatooine wind. Sorry to say I forgot to notice his hair on the Falcon, I was too engrossed in the movie by then. But what I had forgotten is how un-blonde Luke actually is, he's more of a dirty blonde (usually my favourite), and a very dirty blonde at that - I think TLG should have gone back to using tan for his hair or EVEN dark tan.

Can't wait to get hold of the new Ewoks and when ROTJ is on TV in 2 weeks I'll be checking if any green hooded, black Ewoks happen to have grey hands.

I'm now looking forward to seeing Leia's new face.

Does anyone know the prices for these sets, specifically the new MF and the Republic Cruiser?

Prices are on the first page. No GBP £'s though. :sad:

ANH was on TV in the UK today, and of course, I just had to watch it. Except this time I paid special attention to Luke's hair. I think you could equally get away with using the new hair or surf dude hair for Luke, his parting seems to move from side to centre depending on the direction of the Tatooine wind. Sorry to say I forgot to notice his hair on the Falcon, I was too engrossed in the movie by then. But what I had forgotten is how un-blonde Luke actually is, he's more of a dirty blonde (usually my favourite), and a very dirty blonde at that - I think TLG should have gone back to using tan for his hair or EVEN dark tan.

IMO, Dark Tan works the best- unless TLG winds up making a dirty blond colour.