KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Always with you what cannot be done...

"Always with you, it cannot be done." :yoda:

I'm serious. We'll have plenty of time to discuss the pics.

"Always with you, it cannot be done." default_yoda.gif

Indubitably. I remember mulling over the 2008 pics up untill the sets themselves were released.

And hopefully we'll see.... a city in the clouds...

"Always with you, it cannot be done." :yoda:

But Brickdoctor, moving stones around is one thing. This is totally different!

On topic though, while I'll enjoy some pictures of the sets, it won't be anything we haven't already seen. What I DO want to see from one of these shows is some shots of Echo Base or the N-1. That'll make things interesting.

Also, at the New York Toy Fair are people allowed to hold sets for pictures? Specifically, different angles and moving pieces for otherwise impossible shots (like the inside of the Falcon).

But Brickdoctor, moving stones around is one thing. This is totally different!

No! No different! Only different in your mind. You must unlearn what you have learned.

Also, at the New York Toy Fair are people allowed to hold sets for pictures? Specifically, different angles and moving pieces for otherwise impossible shots (like the inside of the Falcon).

I don't think so. Usually we only get pics of the outsides in the positions they're set up in. Last year there was a video of a LEGO official demonstrating features of 8038, but that's as in-depth as it got.

Am I right that the Toy Fair in Nuremberg started today? Do we usually get pictures from there and if so, how long does it take for them to appear?

I don't think we got any pics last year, but we did get some pretty good ones in '09

Even if we do get pictures, the chances are that they will probably be very low quality or from an awkward angle.

Either way, the good stuff is coming from the New York Toy Fair, so I guess we'll have to wait. :grin:

On topic though, while I'll enjoy some pictures of the sets, it won't be anything we haven't already seen.

Well we will see the advent calendar.

The calendar is supposed to cost 29,99€ in Germany.

I don´t think that we will get any good pics from the Fair there, the good coverage is not until next week in New York with Fbtb.net.

The calendar is supposed to cost 29,99€ in Germany.

*oh2**huh* For that amount of Money I hope it will be an exceptional advent calendar.

News from imperiumdersteine.de

- Luke has a new hairpiece in the MF set

- Frigate includes commander Wolfe and Trooper Wolfpack

- Maul and Opress have both an seperate piece for the horns

- Sebulba, Watto and the geonosian are colored

- the ewoks are coming in new colors (black, green, tan)

Source

New hairpiece sounds interesting. And Wolfe and the other are cool. I'll defenitly attempt to get the Republic Frigate, even though I mostly stay away from sets that size.

Wait, ewok martians? *huh*

Thanks for confirming some stuff anyways - some of these were old news,

but is the Geonosian going to be green or not? I can't recall having seen green ewoks. Ever. :wacko:

~ General Magma

Wait, ewok martians? *huh*

Thanks for confirming some stuff anyways - some of these were old news,

but is the Geonosian going to be green or not? I can't recall having seen green ewoks. Ever. :wacko:

~ General Magma

I think he means a green hood.

Information is OK but I find the lack of pictures disturbing. :vader:

News from imperiumdersteine.de

- Luke has a new hairpiece in the MF set

- Frigate includes commander Wolfe and Trooper Wolfpack

- Maul and Opress have both an seperate piece for the horns

- Sebulba, Watto and the geonosian are colored

Source

Hmm..

-Almost certainly the surfer hair.

-Meh. Not getting the set anyways.

-Knew it. Nice to know, though.

-Also pretty predictable. Probably China plastic.

-Er, green Ewok? :tongue:

The calendar includes as far as is shown two models of the green Slave One and a LAAT/I in the size of the City calendars fire truck and crane and the figures of Nute Gunray, Chewbacca and three pilots (Rebel, Battle Droid, Clone Trooper TCW Style).

5416774816_e9b6191f7f_z.jpg

5416164145_8e31566e8a_z.jpg

5416770996_24b0ce4ea6_z.jpg

5416161491_87abae3755_z.jpg

5416773896_9b13203389_z.jpg

5416157197_dcc4f83a64_z.jpg

5416160653_3bdd53ae3d_z.jpg

Bigger pics are in my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/navy_trooper_fenson/5416164145/

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

it seemed to be, that there are mini-mini Versions of a tie fighter, a LAAT/i, and a slave1 in this LSW-calendar ... such as tiny Christmas gifts as seen in the past City calendars.

hold on :wink:

€dit: Navy was faster^^

Edited by omot

The calendar includes as far as is shown two models of the green Slave One and a LAAT/I in the size of the City calendars fire truck and crane and the figures of Nute Gunray, Chewbacca and three pilots (Rebel, Battle Droid, Clone Trooper TCW Style).

Pics of all the other figs are in my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/navy_trooper_fenson/5416164145/

*Squeels* This has made my day! :wub:

What a great lineup of figs! I think this confirms we are getting a Naboo fighter :thumbup:

Batman1±

Pics of all the other figs are in my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/navy_trooper_fenson/5416164145/

That is just awesome. Luke's hair is fantastic now. :thumbup::thumbup:

Oh, they look great. Thank you for the pics.

Lukes hair is nice, his face not so much. Qui-Gon looks fantastic. Really nice variety of good looking characters.

Good sir I could kiss you. In fact give me your address, I'm going to Germany. But all jokes aside thanks a lot, did you get a pic of the Dathomir Speeder set?

I'll have a look and tell my thoughts in a bit.

EDIT: by dathomir speeder, I mean the other figures.

Edited by KingDom

They look absolutely fantastic, love the detail on little anakin's helmet, nice printings on Wolffe and company

Kinda skeptic withthe new jedis though...too much detail, makes cw anakin look handsome.. :sceptic:

Panaka's hat is a new piece, I guess I was wrong

It seems like Maul has less printings on his face..

Like the old geonosian better

Young Anakin has a new body part and pupils added. The new Naboo pilot is red instead of the older brownish. I wonder why? First security battle droid since the 2007 MTT and it has the same printing style on his body as the Battle of Naboo Pilot droid. Finally getting a captain Panaka figure is great!

And all the figures are impressing. This defenitly is a awesome bunch of figures.

Wow.

That is some epicness right there. :oh:

Thanks a heap for those, they all look great! The Geonosian is not green,

the Ewoks are simply fantastic, Mundi has a removable headpiece, Luke's new head is much better, as is the hairpiece..

All other figures look great, too. Obi-Wan is smiling a bit too much, though. Qui-Gon looks too old. Great to have a newly colored Rodian head, and Maul looks very good.

The Ewoks remain one of my favorites, though, mainly because I'm going to make Endor. :tongue:

However.. Where are the minifigs from the Echo base, and the pics of the sets themselves?

Well, we'll come across those nonetheless.

~ General Magma

So here are my thoughts right now on the clone wars figures (as I mainly buy just clone wars sets):

- Commander Wolfe/ trooper: These new clones' markings look great but can somebody tell me what episode they were in? It also seems like the trooper has a jetpack or something similar strapped to his back.

- Eeth Koth: His torso looks great and the hair does to but is it just me or do the horns stick out too much? Lego seem to have trouble doing horned aliens, I'd say this one goes somewhere between the new Darth Maul/ Savage Opress headpiece and Sugi's printed horns!

- Quinlan Vos: This figure looks fine but one thing bugs me, his face looks almost identical to Koth's. I won't be wanting to keep these figures near each other.

- Savage Opress: The figure looks great, as does the new head piece but it looks like we'll be waiting a few more years for a proper double ended lightsaber hilt.

- Geonosian: WOW :wub: I'm sure a fair few people owe Lego an apology for all the hate the prelim received. Now I need to find a good torso and some print-out wings to make a Poggle the Lesser.

- Ki Adi Mundi: The headpiece looks accurate and fairly well integrated to his head. i'm loving all these jede's unique torsos.

I also like the new moveable Sebulba (I see joints at the leg/arms) and Ani's helmet. I'd be lieing if I said I wasn't tempted by the Phantom Menace sets but I'm feeling less and less interested in the Ewok Attack.

This may sound greedy but do you have any more pictures? Figures are wonderfull but they do come with vehicles too. :laugh:

*huh* That Ewok is green!

Anakin looks okay. The pilot is looking sweet, but I'm gonna pass on that set.

Watto Sebulba and Wald look sweet as well, but Obi-Wan is out of place and his face looks weird. :hmpf_bad:

Maul looks okay, nice to see a return of Qui-Gon's hair, but Padme looks funny. Nice to see Panaka's new hat mold.

Luke has the completely new hairstyle that looks really nice, and his new angry face.

The Geonosian... :sick: he's TAN! And Ki-adi's head doesn't have a good transition. I'm having doubts about this set.

The clones look okay, but Eeth is looking funny as well with his removable head piece.

All in all, I'm pretty disappointed that TLG is doing this whole removable headpiece thing. It doesn't do it for me.