KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Fives, your avatar I think is the only one that I look at and feel like that's actually you (other than the actual pictures of people) talking when I'm reading. It's kind of weird in a good way.

Fives, your avatar I think is the only one that I look at and feel like that's actually you (other than the actual pictures of people) talking when I'm reading. It's kind of weird in a good way.

Thats pretty awesome! Gollum is the best, and I can actually do a pretty decent Gollum impression. :thumbup:

It might interest you guys to know that if you play as someone on the Lego Star Wars III site with Savage's body, it reveals his tribal tattoos. That's probably why he even comes with the Dathomir Speeder.

It might interest you guys to know that if you play as someone on the Lego Star Wars III site with Savage's body, it reveals his tribal tattoos. That's probably why he even comes with the Dathomir Speeder.

You mean other than the fact that he lives on Dathomir? :laugh:

I just noticed: All of the Maul Bros have those tattoos. But Zabraks are born with skin that isn't patterned. Maul only has them because they are Sith tattoos. Maybe I'm wrong because I haven't seen the show, but that's a major violation of a previously established canon fact.

I just noticed: All of the Maul Bros have those tattoos. But Zabraks are born with skin that isn't patterned. Maul only has them because they are Sith tattoos. Maybe I'm wrong because I haven't seen the show, but that's a major violation of a previously established canon fact.

I noticed that a while ago. I haven't watched the episode either, though I guess that tatooes could be in memory of Maul or something.

I noticed that a while ago. I haven't watched the episode either, though I guess that tatooes could be in memory of Maul or something.

After Maul was taken away as a child and shrouded in secrecy by both the Sith and the Jedi after his death?

Oh well, this is off topic. Let's get back to the rumors.

Is it just me of does the Geonosian have a giraffe's neck? And why is Watto holding what appears to be a red cup?

Is it just me of does the Geonosian have a giraffe's neck? And why is Watto holding what appears to be a red cup?

With you there. I don't mind them being green, but with a long neck? That's just wierd. Watto's probably another one of TLG's 'funny' moments.

With you there. I don't mind them being green, but with a long neck? That's just wierd. Watto's probably another one of TLG's 'funny' moments.

If they're trying to be funny giving him a cup, then I'm not amused, especially since they already did that.

If they're trying to be funny giving him a cup, then I'm not amused, especially since they already did that.

That's what I was thinking of. I really don't see what they think's so hillarious about it, but maybe that's just us.

Of course, it's possible it's not a cup at all.

Hey, even Luke has a cup of blue milk. :laugh: Even if they're in a movie, they still have to drink...

What the - Ackbar was drinking on the job? No wonder he was so wishy-washy with Lando! :tongue:

That's what I was thinking of. I really don't see what they think's so hillarious about it, but maybe that's just us.

Perhaps it's a reference to the Extra in the first video game?

About the Zabrak tattoos - doesn't Sugi have them as well? I think the people who write these episodes are under the misconception that Zabraks have patterned skin... (bah, retcons!) Then again, there are only three relatively well-known Zabraks, all of who are tattooed (Maul, Eeth Koth, and Agen Kolar) so I'm not surprised.

The Geonosian - remember everyone, these are still preliminary...

About the Zabrak tattoos - doesn't Sugi have them as well? I think the people who write these episodes are under the misconception that Zabraks have patterned skin... (bah, retcons!) Then again, there are only three relatively well-known Zabraks, all of who are tattooed (Maul, Eeth Koth, and Agen Kolar) so I'm not surprised.

Will you people please stop? I think Brickdoctor was trying to move on from that even in his post, so please don't bring up this stuff again. Go discuss it in Culture and Multimedia if you really want to. Since he's tattooed in the show, he'll be tattooed as a minifigure, got it?

You are right that they are just prelims, which makes the Geonosian just a prototype. Maybe he won't even be green by the time the NY Toy Fair rolls around, and I'm sure he won't have a 'giraffe neck.'

Also, it doesn't even seem like a joke to give Watto a cup. He was hanging out and watching the podrace even in the film itself, so it seems logical that he might want to have a drink.

Also, it doesn't even seem like a joke to give Watto a cup. He was hanging out and watching the podrace even in the film itself, so it seems logical that he might want to have a drink.

Sure, but when was the last time TLG made sence?

Hey, even Luke has a cup of blue milk. :laugh: Even if they're in a movie, they still have to drink...

'course he does. To go with his cookies.

Perhaps it's a reference to the Extra in the first video game?

I remember in a designer interview that said specifically that that was Ackbar's coffee cup. That doesn't sound like a reference to anything Star Wars, especially since that would be caf in-universe.

You are right that they are just prelims, which makes the Geonosian just a prototype. Maybe he won't even be green by the time the NY Toy Fair rolls around, and I'm sure he won't have a 'giraffe neck.'

Agreed. I wonder if that head they used is the baby dragon piece from Kingdoms.

Sure, but when was the last time TLG made sence?

And it's a red cup.

Oh well, we'll know all the answers in a couple weeks.

Clone O'Patra is right. Speculation is cool but rumors are just that; rumors. Please stay on topic though. Side conversations can be in a pm or a new topic if it deserves one.

On the subject of the geonosian:

If you look very carefully you will see that it doesn't have a long neck at all but its just that we can only see it straight on, and due to the poor image/lighting/and the fact that its completely green, it is hard to differentiate between where the end of the 'snout' is and the beggining of the neck. :classic:

(Wow I think that sentence went on too long :tongue: )

If you look at the geonosian in the cockpit of his fighter, you can see that the mould is quite similar to the one we already have. If I had to take a guess, I would say that it will be almost the same but larger CW features and of course, printed. :thumbup:

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

Edited by Batman1

Sorry guys, I'm new to SW Lego really and i wanted to see pics of any rumoured sets for second half of 2011. Is there any quick way of finding thr info without trawling through 412 pages?

Sorry guys, I'm new to SW Lego really and i wanted to see pics of any rumoured sets for second half of 2011. Is there any quick way of finding thr info without trawling through 412 pages?

The first post has tons of info, photos, and links to photo galleries of the 2011 SW sets. :classic:

The first post has tons of info, photos, and links to photo galleries of the 2011 SW sets. :classic:

Thanks for this, I actually just found them. Sorry guys i didn't look properly! My bad. It's going to be expensive isn't it?! i wonder how much a SW AFOL generally spends on lego per year. :classic:

When can we have pictures of toys fair?

New York Toy Fair is the 13th February, Fbtb.net, Yakface and Sirstevesguide will probably be there to take high resolution pics of every single brick like the years before.

How come there are no pics from the UK toy fair, yet all this info from Brickset?

How come there are no pics from the UK toy fair, yet all this info from Brickset?

Because no pictures are allowed at the UK Toy Fair. The LEGO booth is walled in and entry is by invitation only.

Because no pictures are allowed at the UK Toy Fair. The LEGO booth is walled in and entry is by invitation only.

I see. Thats too bad. But whatever, its just a couple more weeks.