KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

I think the figures will most likely be CW, but I'm definitely hoping for OT, If it's CW the fig would probably be a clone comander of some kind, or arc trooper, But if it's OT, I'm hoping for Nien Numb or Max Rebo!

Since it's a Christmas calendar, the new fig will obviously be Chewbacca's son Lumpy from the Star Wars Holiday Special.

lumpy.jpg

Since it's a Christmas calendar, the new fig will obviously be Chewbacca's son Lumpy from the Star Wars Holiday Special.

All the figures are said to be old ones unfortunately

I am really excited to see some pictures soon.

From what I'm hearing about the MF, i'm kinda skeptic about it..

All the figures are said to be old ones unfortunately

I am really excited to see some pictures soon.

From what I'm hearing about the MF, i'm kinda skeptic about it..

Actually, he said "bar one" (i.e. one will be new).

I don't think a new Jedi is very likely. A new Clone perhaps, but also not very likely. I'm thinking along the lines of a major character from the Original Trilogy.

Actually, he said "bar one" (i.e. one will be new).

I don't think a new Jedi is very likely. A new Clone perhaps, but also not very likely. I'm thinking along the lines of a major character from the Original Trilogy.

If it's CW, I too am thinking Clone Commander. Maybe a Phase 1.5 ARC.

If it's OT... the possibilities of minifigs I want are endless! Honestly if it's OT and it's new and it's well-done, I'll get it, no matter what it is.

If it's CW, I too am thinking Clone Commander. Maybe a Phase 1.5 ARC.

If it's OT... the possibilities of minifigs I want are endless! Honestly if it's OT and it's new and it's well-done, I'll get it, no matter what it is.

i sense this will be another ten pages of minifigure wish lists :laugh:

Anyways I wonder how much the new MF resembles the old one..

:laugh:

I'm kinda hoping it will be a George Lucas fig.

I wonder how much the new MF resembles the old one..

Haven't you seen the pics?

A lot.

EDIT: Better pic

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

While better than nothing, I'll be extremely disappointed if there's no pics of Echo Base.

I completely agree with you, StoutFiles!

Either the Echo Base or another - until now unknown - exclusive OT set.

I'm still thinkung and hoping that there'll be at least one OT set released before June (and this one would have to be an Exclusive since we've seen pics of all the other SW sets for the first half of this year).

To another possible OT set:

I in the meantime distanced myself from the guess that we'll get a CC this year. It would - if done in the same size like the System scale DS - be too expensive since we already will get already three other OT sets.

Jabba's Palace is too popular to release it as an Exclusive. And the Yavin Base seems to be unlikely sine the regular X-Wing is still available.

So what about a Mos Eisley Cantina? It doesn't offer that many action elements - so it would be a perfect Exclusive because mainly AFOLs and perhaps some TFOLs (but only very little JFOLs) would buy it.

To the advent calendar:

Like already mentioned, I bet that we'll get at least one new minifigure for the CW/PT and one new for the OT - otherwise I bet that the advent calendar wouldn't sell well (since the most people will buy them because of the minifigs and not because of additionial stuff or mini sets).

Since it's very unlikely that we'll get an Ewok Town and since next year's possible Endor BPs won't include Endor Luke (and I even hope that since a main character is imo out of place in a BP), I could well imagine that the advent calendar (or the DK book) will include an Endor (cmouflage) Luke with green lightsaber.

What do you think?

I really hope that we'll get good pics from the toy fairs (Nuremberg and NY).

Klaus-Dieter

I hope you're right, Klaus-Dieter. I'd love any well-done OT set before June at this point, but if it were Chalmun's Cantina that would be the icing on the cake.

As for Endor Luke, I'd love to get him in the Advent Calendar, but if not there's still hope come 2013. Actually, If the DS represents an AnH mega playset one year after the anniversary, and then we get CC as an ESB mega playset one year after the anniversary, we'd be set up for a RotJ mega playset in 2014. Ewok village would fit that perfectly.

But let's not turn this into a set wishlist topic. There's also the upcoming book that we know will have an exclusive minifig as well

Well, according to Huw there are NO new characters in the advent calendar, "but one of them is in new clothes, and it's not a queen Amidala".

I wish he would just tell us who it is already. We'll probably find out soon anyway. :tongue:

:laugh:

Haven't you seen the pics?

A lot.

EDIT: Better pic

I apologise if this has already been answered... but do the Pod-Racers still have those unsightly bars to support the pod and engines? I mean.. that huge tan block thing completely ruined it the first time.

Actually, If the DS represents an AnH mega playset one year after the anniversary, and then we get CC as an ESB mega playset one year after the anniversary, we'd be set up for a RotJ mega playset in 2014. Ewok village would fit that perfectly.

Or bunker platform with a system scale imperial shuttle + shield generator antenna dish. All in scale with the released bunker? I'd much prefer that one, because honestly, Ewok village is relatively easy to MOC.

I apologise if this has already been answered... but do the Pod-Racers still have those unsightly bars to support the pod and engines? I mean.. that huge tan block thing completely ruined it the first time.

Look at the picture.

The tan doesn't bother me - just fix it with CGI like everything else in the Prequels. :tongue:

Quite likely! The latest report mentions that this fig "has not appeared in any of the films, books, cartoons and is unlikely ever to." (Huw quoted verbatim)

Good question. I've been wondering that myself. Looking closely at this picture, I think I see some Technic connections under Sebulba's cockpit and toward the back of Anakin's engines which seem to have been sloppily photoshopped out, so I'm guessing it will be studless Technic bars holding the pods together this time. I'm really hoping they will be trans-clear in the final version, but even if not, they should be much less noticeable than the tan blocks. :thumbup:

Quite likely! The latest report mentions that this fig "has not appeared in any of the films, books, cartoons and is unlikely ever to." (Huw quoted verbatim)

Mbe its George Lucas in a Santa Costume :laugh:

Edited by giggitygoo

Well, there was a certain Holiday Special that was none of those things...

Come on Lumpy!

Edited by StoutFiles

Good question. I've been wondering that myself. Looking closely at this picture, I think I see some Technic connections under Sebulba's cockpit and toward the back of Anakin's engines which seem to have been sloppily photoshopped out, so I'm guessing it will be studless Technic bars holding the pods together this time. I'm really hoping they will be trans-clear in the final version, but even if not, they should be much less noticeable than the tan blocks. :thumbup:

Hhmm fair enough. The Sebulba Pod-racer looks shopped for sure. All right, some quick impressions :classic:

• MF: Disappointing. I had some major issues with the 4504 version that included: folding triangle panels are unstable, unwieldy and took ages to open all up (vs a single large lift-off panel, or even like the UCS with large sections). The scale was kind of weird (cockpit way too large for body etc) etc. TLG had the chance to knock this one out of the park and start from the ground up with a fresh MF. But it looks like they just polished the 4504 and made it more stable (like the newest Slave One)
  • Dathomir: No idea, not big on EU.
  • Pod-Racers: Hinges (pun intended) on how intrusive the support bar will be.
  • Endor: Fair, looks like a good source of cheap Ewoks
  • Geonosian Fighter: Only incremental improvement over the last design. Great minifigs though :thumbup:
  • Republic Frigate: I'll assume it's essentially the same thing as the Republic Cruiser. If so, great ship for those who missed out on the last version, even if the colour scheme is a bit more conservative this time, and isn't as flashy as the last one.
  • Sith Infiltrator: Ho hum. On one hand, we're having our third iteration on one of the least popular ships of the saga. On the other hand...looks like there are structural improvements and I loooooveee the cockpit dome. But it just looks so... rough, especially when the last version was so sleek (not to say the last one was perfect, it was still too flimsy, only used a few large pieces etc)

Savage in CW= AWESOME

savage in Lego= weird blocky thing that looks ugly. I wonder if Lego will ever create a variant on the standard minifig body or head to avoid such fails on people with longer/thinner faces (i.e. Ahsoka, Dooku) and/or a slimmer body.

Apart from that, looking good and bring on toyfair!

Hmm. I've been thinking it over for a while, and I believe we're going to see a non-canon Christmas variant of a character, I'm guessing. If the character has appeared before but isn't in any of the media, then this seems to be right.

George Lucas doesn't seem like a possibility now, because the character has appeared before (I'm assuming that means as a minifig).

I wonder if Lego will ever create a variant on the standard minifig body or head to avoid such fails on people with longer/thinner faces (i.e. Ahsoka, Dooku) and/or a slimmer body.

I don't think so. With thinner heade comes thinner torso. With thinner torso come thnner legs.

Then minifig wouln't be able to stand with one leg in the air.

And I would be against that since I like today's minifigures.

And yes, I agree that Ashoka looks stupid, but at least Shaak Ti looks normal in some way since she has longer headtails. :classic:

Mbe its George Lucas in a Santa Costume :laugh:

Not a bad idea-- could definitely be a Christmas-themed variant of an existing character, like Santa Yoda or Santa Vader. I guess that's no weirder than a Santa taking a shower in your house in a Speedo :cry_sad:

Well, according to Huw there are NO new characters in the advent calendar, "but one of them is in new clothes, and it's not a queen Amidala".

I'm confused. Okay, let's think:

It's gotta be a figure that has already been produced by TLG before. That means Santas and Lumpys are out, unless it's a SW character in a Santa outfit. (which fits the new clothes description) It's also not in a film book or cartoon. That means if it is canon it must be in a comic or video game. And the only minifigures TLG has made from that are the TFU characters.

So, either it's a canon character already made before but in fanon clothes, or it's a variant of a Starkiller, Juno, or Battle Damaged Vader.

Any news on the exclusive fig for the minifig encyclopedia

book

Nope.

Well, I'm going to vote for Lumpy (tongue in cheek). I agree that the Christmas/Life Day timing would be great. How about GL in a Lumpy costume, ala the S3 ape suit MF? That would be a great surprise... first, everyone would be disappointed that it's Lumpy, then.... surprise! It's George Lucas!

But seriously, I think the GL figure would be a great idea.

In this picture of the podracers, you can see a trans clear piece holding the two pods together, along with the trans neon orange pieces. What could they be?