KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Wow, looks like this is going to be a great year. :oh3:

Here is what I can spot:

Millennium Falcon: Darth Vader, Ben Kenobi, Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and a stormtrooper. (?)

Republic Frigate: Yoda, two of his clonetroopers (presumably Thire and Jek), a darker dressed figure and a tan looking guy. Clone naval officer?

Podracers: Anakin Skywalker (young), Sebulba (new mold), young Wald (or Greedo.. Well, it's a Rodian anyways.), Watto and either Qui-Gon Jinn or Obi-Wan Kenobi (young).

Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator: Larger ship - with Darth Maul, Qui-Gon Jinn, Padme and probably Queen Amidala or a Royal Guard.

Dathomir speeder: Asajj Ventress, Savage Opress and Anakin Skywalker (new outfit).

The rest of the sets (i.e. Geonosian starfighter) are unclear, and shown at the edge of the page - hard to make out what they exactly are. Overall, I like the amount of new minifigs we're getting. I may actually hesitate to buy all of these.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

sorry guys still learning how to use this thing would anyone be as helpful to let me know how to get the green quote box

Press the reply button under the quote you would like to respond to, rather than at the bottom of the page.

I need a bigger bigger budget for 2011. SW, PoTC, dragon ninjas, new alien theme, Diagon Alley, Atlantis temple, flying mummies, ISS....

I am amazed at anyone having a strong view on the new figures from these pics. Anyway, with the Quinlan Vos and shapeshifter controversies still fresh, figs could all change. I am loving the new Falcon, finally feel a bit less bad about not buying the UCS one.

:classic:

Edited by robuko

Press the reply button under the quote you would like to respond to, rather than at the bottom of the page.

I need a bigger bigger budget for 2011. SW, PoTC, dragon ninjas, new alien theme, Diagon Alley, Atlantis temple, flying mummies, ISS....

I am amazed at anyone having a strong view on the new figures from these pics. Anyway, with the Quinlan Vos and shapeshifter contoversies still fresh, figs could all change. I am loving the new Falcon, finally feel a bit less bad about not buying the UCS one.

:classic:

thanks

Thanks for the new photos clouette! The 2nd half SW line-up does look promising judging by these prelim pics. Looks like I'll finally have the chance to own my first Falcon, I've missed all versions before and I wouldn't let this one pass. The other sets are very interesting too due to the possibility of new minifigs. But is it just me, but I can't believe how you guys can decipher those blurry zoomed-in images to identify those specific minifigs. I don't know if you have hi-tech image-processing softwares or you're just seeing what you want to see in those sets. The only thing I could clearly confirm is Yoda in the Consular, Maul in the Sith Infiltrator, Assajj in the Dathomiri speeder and young Ani in the Podracer sets. Padme? Savage? A Kaminoan? Don't get me wrong I would want to have these figs, but I wouldn't believe these speclations yet until we see some clearer pics.

I'm trying to figure out where you guys are seeing 4 figures on the Infiltrator. There's only 3 on the Blue Box that usually presents Minifigs - Maul, Qui-Gon and a 3rd one wich I can't recognize, probably Padme.

The MF is clearly an Escape from the Death Star version - It has it's regular crew, Han, Chewie, Luke and Leia, and there's apparently Vader and Obi-Wan from their last duel aboard the DS.

About the rest, I guess you guys have it more or less covered up. :thumbup:

Cheers

Dammit TLG, I know you want to fit two characters in the MF cockpit but the cockpit literally dwarfs the ship when you do that! I'll still buy it but I'm not pleased...I would have hoped in 7 years that'd they would learn how to scale down the cockpit some.

Ouch, my wallet.....man.....a COOL MF.....I think I see C3-P0 but no R2 ?

Having a hard time working out who's in white on the far right....if it's Leia.....wait I know C3-P0 and Leia, no R2-D2.....escape to Cloud City ! :wink:

May the Christmas spirit be with you ! :yoda:

I'm trying to figure out where you guys are seeing 4 figures on the Infiltrator. There's only 3 on the Blue Box that usually presents Minifigs - Maul, Qui-Gon and a 3rd one wich I can't recognize, probably Padme.

No, there really is four- There's Maul, Some guy, Padme, and Qui-gon under the thing that presents new figures.

Man! It's not the Pelta. While it's not the pelta I'll still get it. It actually looks okay. I'm still hoping we'll get the pelta at some point. Darth Mauls ship looks a lot larger, which is great! The pod racers look okay as well.

I agree with Kieldaman. I couldn't make out the minifigs either. Maybe I need new glasses, or maybe I'm getting too old.

Looks like I'm getting the frigate, sith infiltrator and the falcon. Oh, who am I kidding I'm getting them all.

But is it just me, but I can't believe how you guys can decipher those blurry zoomed-in images to identify those specific minifigs. I don't know if you have hi-tech image-processing softwares or you're just seeing what you want to see in those sets. The only thing I could clearly confirm is Yoda in the Consular, Maul in the Sith Infiltrator, Assajj in the Dathomiri speeder and young Ani in the Podracer sets. Padme? Savage? A Kaminoan? Don't get me wrong I would want to have these figs, but I wouldn't believe these speclations yet until we see some clearer pics.

Padme - blue outfit in the Sith Infiltrator, flesh version of the old Padme.

Savage Opress - He's in the Dathomir speeder. His weapon is the staff-axe thing (as I always call it), and I haven't seen any other character use it.

Kaminoan - Dunno, who said that? Can't see any Kaminoan. Might have to take a better look...

~ General Magma

After ten years of new SW sets it becomes such a funny tradition that the first pics are of such bad quality.

So we all can say that new pics bring tears to our eyes ;)

No, seriously, thanks a lot for the pics! About the wookie attack: how can anyone make anything out? I see only 3 figs sadly, but there might be a "x2" added to two of these hopefully. After the January wave is not my cup of tea at all, I cannot wait for those sets!

After ten years of new SW sets it becomes such a funny tradition that the first pics are of such bad quality.

So we all can say that new pics bring tears to our eyes ;)

No, seriously, thanks a lot for the pics! About the wookie attack: how can anyone make anything out? I see only 3 figs sadly, but there might be a "x2" added to two of these hopefully. After the January wave is not my cup of tea at all, I cannot wait for those sets!

Uhm, what? Nobody's ever said anything about a Wookiee attack set in 2011.

Those are ewoks, not wookiees. Big difference. Both hairy, but ewoks are very small and wookiees very big. :tongue:

Same here, I also see 3 figures. But there will be a x2 to atleast one of those. 2 scouttroopers, 3 ewoks? Or 2 scouttroopers, 2 ewoks and a stormtrooper? Perhaps. I can also spot 2 figures running outside, near the edge of the Geonosian starfighter boxart. Looks like the arena, so perhaps it's from AOTC? But where would Ki-Adi-Mundi appear, then?

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Thanks for the pics. I better start saving up. I hope now that we have photos that clear one come soon, it's really hard to see any detail with the zoom. Especially for the Daithomir Speeder and Podracers. Really want to see the Sith Infiltrator.

clouette, is there any chance you'll be able to make better pics of the sets? It would be very much appreciated.

Looks like we're getting a Ki-Adi Mundi, but in which set? It could be the Geonosian Fighter or the Frigate.

BTW, I don't see a Kaminoan no matter how hard I try. These are guys are huge - but the figs on the box don't seem to be much bigger than Yoda.

BTW, I don't see a Kaminoan no matter how hard I try. These are guys are huge - but the figs on the box don't seem to be much bigger than Yoda.

Well, there could be a tall white thing in the minifig box on the frigate, but that could also be a Clone who looks sort of morphed with the explosion that's partially obscured byt the box for the figure lineup. I think the latter is much more likely.

As for Padme in the Infiltrator, I'm really not seeing it. There are three figures in the fig-lineup on the front, and none of them are blue nor look like a Padme outfit to me. One of them is clearly Maul, but as for the other two, who knows. They don't have the tan robes of Jedi, so I honestly have no guesses.

I'm also wondering if they're putting the Greedo kid in the Podrace set. It certainly looks like it, since there is a short guy with a green, weird-looking head, but it's not typical of them to put such obscure characters. Maybe Padme is in that set, since there's a fifth figure, but also maybe not. We'll see.

I can certainly make out Asajj and Anakin in the Dathomir speeder, and I wouldn't be surprised if the third fig is Savage. As somebody mentioned, that could be a big battle axe.

The Falcon is certainly ANH; looks like Vader, Han, Luke, Chewie, Obi-Wan, and Leia. A good classic lineup to come with the Falcon, in my opinion.

Woohoo, new pics!

Falcon looks good, but I only see six, maybe seven minifigs, so it's not multi-episode. :sad:

Frigate looks better at this angle, but it still looks kinda blocky.

Pods look to be something I might get, they appear to be bigger than the 1999 ones (which is to be expected)

Infiltrator is looking good as well, I see they fixed the curved folding panels and made them nice and straight. Probably a pass for me since I have Maul already.

You guys must have really good eyes, 'cause I don't see a Dathomir set or Ventress anywhere. That sets a definite pass, though.

clouette, is there any chance you'll be able to make better pics of the sets? It would be very much appreciated.

Looks like we're getting a Ki-Adi Mundi, but in which set? It could be the Geonosian Fighter or the Frigate.

Or maybe he could at least say whats in these sets, if you can't get a good pic? I suppose he-who-must-not-be named was right about the frigate to some degree. This wave looks fantastic, more promising than just about any other IMO.

Maybe I just need to take a look on a better monitor, but I don't see a Dathomir anything, I don't see Ewok Attack, and I most certainly don't see Padme, a Kaminoan, or any other 'fig. The only one I would guess at is that the yellow blob in the Falcon is C-3PO.

Maybe I just need to take a look on a better monitor, but I don't see a Dathomir anything, I don't see Ewok Attack, and I most certainly don't see Padme, a Kaminoan, or any other 'fig. The only one I would guess at is that the yellow blob in the Falcon is C-3PO.

With these pictures we can only make estimates at what the figs are, we'll have to wait for some explanation from the person who took these pics.