KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Should I review the BP?

Yes! Looking at those pics, I'm assuming the rest will be just as awesome :thumbup:

Got a picture of Jango's original torso with the new helmet mold?

Can take one :wink:

I don't think that'd look as good as the Boba combo, given that Jango is metallic sliver and the CW Mandos are dk. grey.

I agree, but it's worth a try.

Is that torso on backwards?

The person who took that picture thought it was more fitting with the rest of the ARF.

Expect a review in the next few day. I know there are video reviews already, but I like picture reviews better.

Edited by commdr_neyo

There are 2 photo's of the Mandalorians in my photostream here.

Deeplinked:

[snip]

As soon as I saw that, I thought, "have these minifigures been getting thinner?" and then I noticed that it was just due to the armor being smaller on the new minifigure and the helmet sitting higher.

This guy looks great! :blush: So does the T-6.

5262960223_ed24747347.jpg

This is a MOC minifig, note the backwards torso is from the clone trooper riding the speeder-bike and that blaster isn't Lego's....maybe Brickarms ?

The real one in the set comes with a blaster rifle with that cool looking helmet, but plain standard clone trooper body armour.

May the brick be with you. :yoda:

This guy looks great! :blush: So does the T-6.

5262960223_ed24747347.jpg

Yeah, love that new helmet. I know these BP's are available via the TRU online store, has anyone seen them in the wild at the actual store here in the US?

As soon as I saw that, I thought, "have these minifigures been getting thinner?" and then I noticed that it was just due to the armor being smaller on the new minifigure and the helmet sitting higher.

I know. Now look at that nice, classic, distinctly LEGO minifigure-ish guy on the right.... :cry_happy:

I know. Now look at that nice, classic, distinctly LEGO minifigure-ish guy on the right.... default_cry_happy.gif

I know. The tall helmet I don't mind, but that tiny armour just irritates me. It would be fine(ish) if it was a girl fig, but it's not.

Is that torso on backwards?

Yup, that's the Clone Commander's torso backwards, he might've used it to customize the ARF. The ARF helmet really looks sweet! Just lovely accurate prints! :wub:(Just ordered my Clone and Mando BPs online, can't wait to see these soon.)

These are reviews of all the new sets that came out!

LEGO Star Wars Clone Trooper Battle Pack 7913 Review: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Macqlq8VqYM

LEGO Star Wars Mandalorian Battle Pack 7914 Review: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK8sMcOXP6s

LEGO Star Wars Imperial V-Wing Starfighter 7915 Review: www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPApAYROap

LEGO Star Wars The Battle of Naboo 7929 Review: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS0Dvk-1EFI

LEGO Star Wars Bounty Hunter Gunship 7930 Review: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FL7z3B3POQ

LEGO Star Wars Jedi T-6 Shuttle 7931 Review: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEc1_v8w9Vg

Edited by Legoboy Productions

I wasn't aware? Link?

This guy links to all six reviews. They're YouTube reviews, though.

Though all of the reviews weren't posted like you did, it was linked to them.

This is a MOC minifig, note the backwards torso is from the clone trooper riding the speeder-bike and that blaster isn't Lego's....maybe Brickarms ?

The real one in the set comes with a blaster rifle with that cool looking helmet, but plain standard clone trooper body armour.

May the brick be with you. :yoda:

It's a Little Arms Shop Scout Trooper blaster.

I know. The tall helmet I don't mind, but that tiny armour just irritates me. It would be fine(ish) if it was a girl fig, but it's not.

Isn't Mando armor supposed to hide female features? Even if comics sometimes say otherwise for popularity reasons?

Though all of the reviews weren't posted like you did, it was linked to them.

Sorry, I didn't know he had joined the site to post them himself.

Yea, thought I share it with you guys but you where already ahead of me! Thanks! :D

Thanks for your reviews! great to have them so soon after the set was released!

Thanks for the reviews Legoboy! The V-Wing looks a lot cooler in video form, but I'm still disappointed that you have to take of the droid's head.

I've been a bit behind in news, but anyway...

Wow, those Mandalorians are... well, not horrible by my standards. However, the faces are bad, and somewhat scary. I would have preferred if they had Clone heads (which would have been bad enough canon-wise), but now they look worse. The thin armour is also sort of annoying, as they look weaker.

Just something interesting, the Geonosis set was listed in a catalogue thing under the name of "Genesis Innovation". A very strange typo, which I assume was meant to be "Geonosis Invasion". Maybe that was meant to be the set's original name, or something. Either way, I'll be hunting for it next year now that I know that it will definitely be here (and not disappear like Cad Bane's speeder this year, which originally seemed to be excluded when it suddenly appeared a few months ago).

Hey thanks :classic: i didn't see those before :thumbup: she looks great :wub: but it annoys me a bit that headpiece is not in it's place in those pics :grin:

Since you're not fully up to date, you must know her headpiece is rubbery plastic, not ABS.

Since you're not fully up to date, you must know her headpiece is rubbery plastic, not ABS.

I think he means in that picture, the white on shaak ti's headpiece doesn't line up with the white on her actual face.

But just for the record I did see shaak ti where it lines up and it looks even better. The T-6 is actually becoming a possibility for me now. :sceptic:

I think he means in that picture, the white on shaak ti's headpiece doesn't line up with the white on her actual face.

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to inform him about that, if he didn't know yet.