KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

@Walter Kovacs: Actually, we do have pics of the january wave. You could probably look them up on YouTube,

as they've been removed elsewhere. It included the Battle of Naboo set, the bounty hunter gunship and the rest that's on the list.

~ General Magma

He said official pics- the ones in the product catalog are the prelim confidential pics. What he meant was like the finalized product pics.

Exactly. Everything we've seen for January, except for Mace's JSF, has been stamped Confidential, which makes them leaked pics and not official pics. Hence the reason they aren't in the first post of this thread for everyone to drool over. :wink:

Exactly. Everything we've seen for January, except for Mace's JSF, has been stamped Confidential, which makes them leaked pics and not official pics. Hence the reason they aren't in the first post of this thread for everyone to drool over. :wink:

Drool.

If you really want those pics, people, I'm sure there's someone out there willing to e-mail you a copy of the product catalog. I've got one on my desktop myself, but I'm not going to get in trouble for distributing it.

If you really want those pics, people, I'm sure there's someone out there willing to e-mail you a copy of the product catalog. I've got one on my desktop myself, but I'm not going to get in trouble for distributing it.

Same here.

Can someone please tell me what the black droid is in Mace's JSF. I know people have said it is a tactical droid, but it's too skinny to me to be a tactical droid and too tall to be a commando droid. :wacko: It there a droid that fits the picture of the droid? Looks kinda like Grievous to me.

EDIT: I saw on the bottom of KimT's first post that the SW Advent Calendar has become a rumor. I thought that there was not going to be an advent calendar. :wacko:

Edited by FettJango

Can someone please tell me what the black droid is in Mace's JSF. I know people have said it is a tactical droid, but it's too skinny to me to be a tactical droid and too tall to be a commando droid. :wacko: It there a droid that fits the picture of the droid? Looks kinda like Grievous to me.

It is a tactical droid. See here. I think the picture is from the side that's why it looks so skinny. :wink:

It is a tactical droid. See here. I think the picture is from the side that's why it looks so skinny. :wink:

I'm still not convinced. The picture of the LEGO tactical droid looks like a super tall commando droid. BTW, why is the droid so tall? It's taller than the BDs and Mace.

I'm still not convinced. The picture of the LEGO tactical droid looks like a super tall commando droid. BTW, why is the droid so tall? It's taller than the BDs and Mace.

Well, I think it looks like a tactical droid. Lego never really has made anything to scale so I'm not surprised.

Well, I think it looks like a tactical droid. Lego never really has made anything to scale so I'm not surprised.

I agree with you. I could be, it could not. I guess Lego just wants us to use our imaginations. Seriously, though, I wish Lego could make a correctly scaled Tactical droid. Don't get me wrong, I would die for a tactical droid, but I would want one that looked like one, too.

I agree with you. It could be, it could not. I guess Lego just wants us to use our imaginations. Seriously, though, I wish Lego could make a correctly scaled Tactical droid. Don't get me wrong, I would die for a tactical droid, but I would want one that looked like one, too.

I think it looks fine. :wink:

My money is on the tactical droid, though a commando droid would be great too. And droids are supposed to be tall, taller than your average human such as Mace. And considering how SW figs are very detailed nowadays, I'm pretty sure this new droid will not disappoint in terms of relative size and design accuracy.

My money is on the tactical droid, though a commando droid would be great too. And droids are supposed to be tall, taller than your average human such as Mace. And considering how SW figs are very detailed nowadays, I'm pretty sure this new droid will not disappoint in terms of relative size and design accuracy.

I hope your right. You would know.

Very true.

They're probably also going to use that oversized MagnaGuard torso, which explains the height.

Tactical droids are supposed to be taller than BDs and minifigs. The height of a "real" tactical droid is 1.93 meters, Windu and BDs are smaller than that.

~ General Magma

Link to a video that features the possible new Gungan head printing:

On the Geonosian starfighter, the two "needles" at the front are longer than on Dooku's ship, and the cockpits are also different from each other.

Dooku's solar sailer is actually a slightly modified version of the Geonosian starfighter, as far as I know..

~ General Magma

You mean in-universe - it's very different- based on similar design but in much bigger scale- it very different actually- different motors different "Jaws" it's not "slightly modified" but completely different craft... :sadnew:

Hmmm

It says tactical droid on the pack or something doesn't it, if it doesn't sorry, however the speeder the droid is on is a Flitknot speeder isn't it, which the tactical droid rides. having said that TLG is not so big on accuracy as I might have pointed out earlier.

Sorry if this is a bit of a pointless post not being able to agree with its self.

BTW what is the difference between TLG and TLC one stands for group and the other company, but which is correct. :wacko:

You mean in-universe - it's very different- based on similar design but in much bigger scale- it very different actually- different motors different "Jaws" it's not "slightly modified" but completely different craft... :sadnew:

I said as far as I know. Doesn't mean I'm sure of it.

I don't study the entire SW universe carefully, and I can be wrong sometimes too.

~ General Magma

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, if you had read my next post after the one you've quoted, I noted alot more things.

Edited by General Magma

Hmmmm, interested about the Battle of Endor. Last one only came out last year, and was pretty good in my opinion...

Bear in mind that for all we know (right now) the Endor and Geonosis Battle Packs/Sets are very much like the Naboo set coming in January with a few Gungans and some Battle Droids.

I wonder if the Geonosians will have new molds for their sonic casters.

Edited by FettJango

I wonder if the Geonosians will have new molds for their sonic casters.

I think they would have, and they should, since the previous ones used the old megaphone that badly needs an updated version, probably the Series 1 Spaceman laser blaster with a trans-lime green round plate might do.

Edited by KielDaMan

I think they would have, and they should, since the previous ones used the old megaphone that badly needs an updated version, probably the Series 1 Spaceman laser blaster might do,

They might just cheap out and give us a generic blaster with a 1x1 black cone and a 1x1 trans neon green round facing backwards on the front.

Edited by CallMePie

I think they would have, and they should, since the previous ones used the old megaphone that badly needs an updated version, probably the Series 1 Spaceman laser blaster with a trans-lime green round plate might do.

That sounds pretty good.