KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Ahh, I think it's about time we get some new info or photos since the lack thereof has made people resort to CSI detective work unmasking blurry teaser photos just to dig info!

Why do you care? Are you working with Lego? Do you know about the sets? TELL US NOW! *Slap*

To quote the most important lines:

Just curious Greg. If you get to design the preliminary sets would you know the lego star wars sets coming out in august 2011?

I DO know. In fact, I'm doing TV commercial storyboards for three of those sets right now!

Okay. Here's two of the sets sitting on my desk as I work on a storyboard.

So he says the picture is of two sets for which he designs the storyboards, and earlier that he's doing the storyboards for august 2011 sets.

Thanks. :classic:

Pleasepleaseplease let the Geonosians be the same as the ones from 2002.

Thanks. :classic:

Pleasepleaseplease let the Geonosians be the same as the ones from 2002.

No offense meant dude but I would rather they are re-designs to look real like when Grievous was changed this year and looks much more real compared to his old version :laugh:

No offense meant dude but I would rather they are re-designs to look real like when Grievous was changed this year and looks much more real compared to his old version :laugh:

That's exactly what I mean- I don't want them CWified. :tongue: If they just get some head printing like the Gungans, that'd be okay, but nothing more.

That's exactly what I mean- I don't want them CWified. :tongue: If they just get some head printing like the Gungans, that'd be okay, but nothing more.

The Geonosians look quite good in TCW. Only the human faces are really bad, I think the Geonosians were computer animated in Ep.II anyway. So if the Lego versions are in the style of TCW they would probably better, as TLG generally improves the design of alien minifigs (Ewoks, GG). Compare this to the AOTC Geonosians, any difference would be lost in the legofying ( :tongue: ) of the figures anyway.

I'm hoping for the Geonosians to be recolored Dark Tan. Also hoping for some better wings and new printing on the legs, torso, and head. Seems a bit much, but they barely produced any in the first place, and they are quite outdated.

Edited by CallMePie

I fully agree on that, no new fancy molds or whatever.

I'm hoping for the Geonosians to be recolored Dark Tan. Also hoping for some better wings and new printing on the legs, torso, and head. Seems a bit much, but they barely produced any in the first place, and they are quite outdated.

On the contrary, I prefer the dark sand green color that's accurate to AotC. I think it was perfect already, just needs some printing on the head like the Gungans are getting.

sw078.jpg

If they are going to do that, I hope they ayleast make 2 versions of Geonosians, one dk. tan, and one in dk. bley.

That way they are accurate to Ep.II, and since I think they are more dk. tan looking in the CW, why not have both?

On the contrary, I prefer the dark sand green color that's accurate to AotC. I think it was perfect already, just needs some printing on the head like the Gungans are getting.

*snip*

Agreed! :laugh:

Edited by Masked Builder

I'm new so am probably wrong, but in my opinion, this rumour is a total fake. Even though a Pelta frigate or Geonosis set would be nice. :classic:

Huh! I've just found out from a secret secret source about a secret Cloud city coming out secretly next year. :laugh:

5 months and only 8 posts?

Call me crazy but I swear in the "less blurry" version of Greg's teaser the set on the left looks like the left pod of a Cloud Car. If the white thing is in fact a Consular I'm glad LEGO made it more elongated than their previous chunky rendition.

sw078.jpg

That's just the old dark gray, not in production anymore, so it'll be recolored anyway.

But looking at mine, it does look good in that color.

But it is CW style, so it's probably not going to be accurate to AoTC.

Edited by CallMePie

That's just the old dark gray, not in production anymore, so it'll be recolored anyway.

Yeah, I was wondering about that; BL has it as dark grey, but it looks greenish in the pic.

Yeah, I was wondering about that; BL has it as dark grey, but it looks greenish in the pic.

Gley? :wink:

Gley? :wink:

I guess. I mean I know old grey has an olive sort of tint to it, but this photo looks even greener than that. And it's not just me because it looks thst way on my computer and on my iPod.

Well i think old Geos were pretty nice (well i have 4 of the so my opinion may be quite biased :tongue: ) but lego should make versions with same molds but printing as well.... like ewoks and gungans... interestingly enough TLG used old greenish dark gray in Sopwith Camel model so they may use it again in minifigs as well- it was good for Geonosians.... i want Poggle minifig :classic:

Well i think old Geos were pretty nice (well i have 4 of the so my opinion may be quite biased default_tong.gif ) but lego should make versions with same molds but printing as well.... like ewoks and gungans... interestingly enough TLG used old greenish dark gray in Sopwith Camel model so they may use it again in minifigs as well- it was good for Geonosians.... i want Poggle minifig default_classic.gif

I think so too. Old mold + new prints is the way to go. As you pointed out, they did it with the ewoks and (will do with) the Gungans, so that's what they would probably do also with the geonosians. No need for new molds since they are just minor characters. A Poggle fig does sound sweet, and it's within the realm of impossibility considering there are two rumored Geonosis sets.

I think so too. Old mold + new prints is the way to go. As you pointed out, they did it with the ewoks and (will do with) the Gungans, so that's what they would probably do also with the geonosians. No need for new molds since they are just minor characters. A Poggle fig does sound sweet, and it's within the realm of impossibility considering there are two rumored Geonosis sets.

One word TLG PADMÉ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we haven't seen her since 1999 and she is main character, importnat character, action character, popular character and mother of Skywalker twins... what TLG has against her? :sceptic: we get Onaconda Farr (?????????) and even long awaited Nute Gunray, Palpatine as chancellor.... and Thi-Sen (?????) Why there is no new Padmé?!?!?!? She is main character in TCW and appears in upcoming lego TCW video game.... it seems that lego can make anyone else but not her.... Bail Organa is needed too, Lott Dod, Riyo Chuchi, Satine... but most importantly Padmé where is she....?

I also hope there is Ki-Adi-Mundi in geonosian fighter TLG has made lots of jedi lately..... They should make anakin's shuttle from Grievous Intrigue with Adi Gallia and Eeth Koth. Also they need to make commandodroids and aquadroids- Trident craft of Asajj Ventress would be an awesome set.... and they have to make 501st battlepack from Rots.... there is still lots of sw for TLG top make.... but first they should redo Padmé CW-uglie or not some sort of Amidala have to appear soon :angry: .....

If they are going to do that, I hope they ayleast make 2 versions of Geonosians, one dk. tan, and one in dk. bley.

That way they are accurate to Ep.II, and since I think they are more dk. tan looking in the CW, why not have both?

I think that the genosian set will be done

as a zombie set like hasbro is doing in the action figure

I agree. :laugh: It's a great color for them.

First post updated with newest rumors from kosky.org and similar.

First post updated with newest rumors from kosky.org and similar.

(7956) The Battle Of Endor? This could confuse some people :P

Thanks, though.

(7956) The Battle Of Endor? This could confuse some people :P

Thanks, though.

Why?

I'm not a native speaker of English, so I don't get what you're hinting at :classic:

They did fight on Endor, didn't they?

Why?

I'm not a native speaker of English, so I don't get what you're hinting at :classic:

They did fight on Endor, didn't they?

Set #8038 was called The Battle of Endor, and having two set numbers with the same name will inevitably lead to confusion.

Unless TLC is going to re-release the 2009 set under a new number? :hmpf: Nah, 7956 will be called something else.

KimT probably already knew all of this, and I missed his internet sarcasm, but I thought I'd post anyway.