KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

To give my thoughts- I find that this wave of sets is a bit dissapointing but I am sure I will get some e.g. Battle of Naboo just for the minifigures. The Halo looks good but the proportions will probably be all wrong. The T6 Shuttle should be good to add to other republic ships.

I really cannot decide until we get some pictures which I am sure will be here by the end of he summer. :classic:

I think this wave looks good. I am particularly interested in the battle packs and the Battle of Naboo set. The lack of OT sets doesn't bother me, because I collect mostly PT sets.

The New SW sets sound disappointing especially for its the final year of SW.

Wasn't 2010 supposed to be the 'final' year assuming they didn't renew the license? It seems they did.

I am probably going to get the Battle Of Naboo set for the figs when there is some kind of sale. I also might get that Halo ship thing if it looks decent and there are still good figs. Once I see them though if they are not good enough then I will just end up getting a few of last seasons sets instead.

I am not pleased though.

I won't decide what I will go and get. Because I haven't seen any pics yet. If the sets are all bad ... I will probably have to look at the contents of parts and figures only.

Final year of LEGO Star Wars and THIS is what we get for the first half? Disappointing.

Final year of LEGO Star Wars and THIS is what we get for the first half? Disappointing.

Why can't people stop discussing this? We know the license doesn't end in 2011. We know Lucas Licensing themselves have said that they have a very profitable partnership with TLG and have no plans to end it.

If you really want to discuss the license, can we not do it in the rumors thread?

Since when where Gungans good? :P

If you don't have any and their names are not Jar-Jar Binks. :laugh:

If you don't have any and their names are not Jar-Jar Binks. default_laugh_new.gif

Ditto. I don't mind Jar Jar anyways, so it should be okay.

License will not end in 2011, it has been extended. That has been stated by LEGO reps. Enough with that part of the discussion.

I for one cannot wait to for the sets. Especially the Mandalorian BP, hope it includes a black lightsaber. The others I'll wait to see the pics before passing judgement. However the Naboo set does sound like a big letdown. The Halo looks good, hope TLC does it justice, and includes Embo.

I for one cannot wait to for the sets. Especially the Mandalorian BP, hope it includes a black lightsaber.

Uh, 4L bars already exist in black. Or do you want trans-black?

Enough with that part of the discussion.

Thank you.

Ditto. I don't mind Jar Jar anyways, so it should be okay.

I don't mind him that much, but the Gungan General episode was just ridiculous. Hopefully Season 3 (if the set is indeed from a Season 3 episode) will avoid having a Warrior-Jar-Jar.

Edited by Brickdoctor

I can't say I'm excited about any of these sets, but I think us OT fans need to stop complaining. We've had a good run recently and I for one still haven't bought all the 2010 sets I want (and there's still the UCS Imperial Shuttle to come!). Plus with the possibility of more big OT sets in the 2011 second wave we might need as much cash as we can muster for summer.

Will probably end-up buying the Naboo set though - my daughter just loves Gungans.

As an AFOL who is building an army of Gungans, i'm not sure what to make of the news. Have the Gungans appeared in season 2 of Clone Wars? If this is a CW set then there will likely be a new head mold but if it's an TPM release then I hope it'll be the old mold!

I don't want to have to start rebuilding my army with better/weird looking gungans (even though they may look better!). Gungan and Jar Jar minifigs, even though the character is much hated, is still an expensive minifig to aquire! A new version might mean a cheaper army!

:sceptic:

Sorry, Brickdoctor. I'm hoping for a new Trans-Black saber blade. Or a new "Darksaber" weapon altogether.

I don't mind the absents of any OT/PT sets, isn't CW cannon, anyway? How many times can you do the same ships???? 3 X-Wings, "technically" 3 Y-wings. OK, yes I know one was CW, but still a Y-Wing. How many TIEs??? Although the TIE Defender was cool. Almost everything from the OT, was done. Maybe not done great, but were done well, the first time. If all of 2011 sets were new CW sets I would love that. It's something different. A new Freeco speeder wouldn't hurt either, didin't care for the first try. Isn't it totally enclosed??? As for the OT, I agree. We are due for a new scale Millennium Falcon. And i missed getting the second release.

Edited by Jangu Fett

I don't mind the absents of any OT/PT sets, isn't CW cannon, anyway? How many times can you do the same ships???? 3 X-Wings, "technically" 3 Y-wings. OK, yes I know one was CW, but still a Y-Wing. How many TIEs??? Although the TIE Defender was cool. Almost everything from the OT, was done. Maybe not done great, but were done well, the first time. If all of 2011 sets were new CW sets I would love that. It's something different. A new Freeco speeder wouldn't hurt either, didin't care for the first try. Isn't it totally enclosed??? As for the OT, I agree. We are due for a new scale Millennium Falcon. And i missed getting the second release.

The CW TV show and Movie are canon, but certain parts of the older novels, comics, and original series are now non-canon or ambiguously canon.

Two normal TIEs, plus one in the big TIE package, I believe. The official LEGO Freeco Speeder is somewhat totally enclosed, but we're not going to get one in 2011 if we just got one in 2010.

Sorry, Brickdoctor. I'm hoping for a new Trans-Black saber blade. Or a new "Darksaber" weapon altogether.

So you'd rather have a set that came out LAST year, than have one that hasn't been released for over 2 years? :thumbdown: Anyways, my am keeping my hopes up for the first wave. I hope they will be much more better than how it sounds once we see the pictures. :sadnew:

Like KimT said, '2011 will rock our world' or did I quote someone else? :tongue:

Or that may be the second wave. However, the T6-Shuttle may contain a new Jedi. Perhaps a Shaak Ti? :cry_happy:

As for the Naboo set, I am quite disappointed with the info. about the minifigures. (Thanks for the info. anyways, Klaus-Dieter :classic: )I expected there to be more minifigures instead of two Gungans. :thumbdown: I suppose the moulds will be nice. Other then that, it's a fail. :sad:

Edited by Jar Jar

Hmm. Sounds like nothing terribly interesting is in this first wave other than the Mando battle pack which is bound to have some awesome minifigs. But I'll reserve judgment until we see pics. I've had lukewarm reactions to the initial news of waves before, only to get excited after seeing the impressive features/building techniques/minifigures of a set. Lego always surprises me :tongue:

The V-Wing I expect to be straightforward. It'll simply be a beefed up version of the one we got in '05, IMO. Flick-fire guns, maybe some hidden missiles or something, etc. The Clone Trooper BP should have some new helmet molds and torso prints, but nothing mind-blowing. Naboo sounds OK, it might be a decent "larger-than-battle pack" army-builder set akin to the Echo Base set we got in '09. Nice way to stock up on Gungans and battle droids.

We might get a new Jedi in the T6 shuttle, or we might not. I have a feeling that we will get one because of the fact that it's an expensive yet lesser known ship (like how we got Mace in the Attack Shuttle). Ki Adi Mundi, please :laugh: I'm crossing my fingers that we might finally get another new Clone Commander, too :grin: But the real wildcard in this wave is the Bounty Hunter ship. I think that set could turn out to be amazing or horrible depending on the minifig selection and the design. Hopefully it'll turn out great :thumbup:

So you'd rather have a set that came out LAST year, than have one that hasn't been released for over 2 years? :thumbdown: Anyways, my am keeping my hopes up for the first wave. I hope they will be much more better than how it sounds once we see the pictures. :sadnew:

Like KimT said, '2011 will rock our world' or did I quote someone else? :tongue:

Or that may be the second wave. However, the T6-Shuttle may contain a new Jedi. Perhaps a Shaak Ti? :cry_happy:

As for the Naboo set, I am quite disappointed with the info. about the minifigures. (Thanks for the info. anyways, Klaus-Dieter :classic: )I expected there to be more minifigures instead of two Gungans. :thumbdown: I suppose the moulds will be nice. Other then that, it's a fail. :sad:

The shuttle is unlikely to include a new Jedi, Shaak-Ti won't be appearing until Season 3.

They might just include some extra guys for the fun of it, but I think some of the previous guesses are more likely. Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Aurra Sing and the younger Boba Fett. Perhaps Bossk, Hondo and/or Ahsoka at a stretch.

As an AFOL who is building an army of Gungans, i'm not sure what to make of the news. Have the Gungans appeared in season 2 of Clone Wars? If this is a CW set then there will likely be a new head mold but if it's an TPM release then I hope it'll be the old mold!

I don't want to have to start rebuilding my army with better/weird looking gungans (even though they may look better!). Gungan and Jar Jar minifigs, even though the character is much hated, is still an expensive minifig to aquire! A new version might mean a cheaper army!

:sceptic:

I am pretty sure that it is an E1 set and they will keep the mold, which worked pretty well. Like Chewbacca, or C3PO. MAYBE they give it some eyes. But you don't need to get the new ones. 30 Euros for 2 Gungans seems an expensive army builder, at least to me.

The shuttle is unlikely to include a new Jedi, Shaak-Ti won't be appearing until Season 3.

Uh, that's why we think we'll get Shaak Ti.

Season 3 begins before the January 2011 wave.

Uh, that's why we think we'll get Shaak Ti.

Season 3 begins before the January 2011 wave.

But this years 'Freeco Speeder', 'Cad Bane Speeder' and the generals starfighter are all from series 1 which was 2009 - just from that I would say the up comming sets are mostly for series 2.

On saying that the CTT is from series 2.......we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

That would be great if we would get a Shaak-Ti minifig!.

I would like the V-wing to be a clone wars version rather than an inperial v-wing, I dont very much like ROTS sets or EU sets. A TFU2 set would be interesting but I would still rather it be clone wars. Plus it would be an easy way to stock up on clone pilots.

Anyways im looking forward to seeing new pics :thumbup: .

I would like the V-wing to be a clone wars version rather than an inperial v-wing, I dont very much like ROTS sets or EU sets.

The CW V-wings do make an appearance in RotS, as background vehicles during the Battle of Coruscant.