KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

I have caught wind of the fact that Aussie Lego reps will be seeing the first half 2011 releases this week. So what about the rest of the world eh ?

Might some links to images be appearing very shortly......I guess be Jedi like and have patience. :yoda:

The fact that only a small number of sets are there and no OT......could the Lucas deal have finished and a new one start with Cartoon Networks owner Time Warner (Ben10) since CN have the rights to CW (without our knowing)......well it's only a theory ?

Note the BP's are CW, most of the sets are CW themed.....except for Battle of Naboo....but again it could be from one of the CW episodes.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :yoda:

I don't think so. Lucas Licensing has said over and over that they have a valuable partnership with TLG, and don't plan to end the license. Either way, I don't see them selling the CW series to Time Warner anytime soon. A lot of times the CW/PT sets are revealed early, and we have to wait for OT/Exclusives.

This year is 4707, year of the Tiger. :tongue:

Personally, I really want a Ki-Adi Mundi. I've got a Luminara and will mod out the LUL once the battery runs out, I made a Shaak Ti and really don't want to see a CW version anyways, and Adi Gallia never impressed me. Ki-Adi, on the other hand, was in the video games, appears in action in the movies, and is one of the more interesting alien members of the Council.

Haha, not helping :tongue: I'm crazy as it is! :laugh:

I think Shaak Ti is the one I want the most as she is easily one of the most striking members of the council. Then second would be Ki-adi is very interesting and his appearance in Landing at Point Rain was fantastic!

I really like Adi Galia and think we should get a fig of her and I want to see more of her in the clone wars! I think TLG should remake Luminara as the LUL version was VERY annoying (why they ever thought that would be a good idea is beyond me). Another Jedi that has appeared in TCW and we have yet to see is Eeth Koth. Any idea's on how TLG would do him as a fig? I think it would be hard as one half of his head is horns and the other is hair :wacko:

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

Very true 'Brickdoctor'....why would Lucas cut such a money cow such as Lego Star wars ?

Maybe CW only or CW/PT in the first half and OT/exclusives in the second half or what if the whole first half list is incomplete ?

Now that's something to think about !

Is the list incomplete, Lego have never done any releases without OT, unless OT doesn't sell as well as CW and the releases of PT sets ?

My son loves both OT and PT, where I prefer OT and CW (call me a cartoon junkie) ! :grin:

Most kids seem to prefer the more recent series of PT and CW on television, so that could be another reason too (my son forever plays the final scenes in ROTS all the time with his friends at school).

Could the TRU's of the world be effecting the sets being released next year ?

I'm a conformist! and may the force be with you ! :yoda:

Wow, do you really think they would ever release an Adi Galia fig?

Well, she's the least likely out of the bunch since she only appeared in one episode and didn't do much, but still more likely than this guy from Season 3, I believe. And considering we got such minor characters as Onaconda Farr, Turk Falso, and Nahdar Vebb, I wouldn't be surprised if we would get her too at some point.

I personally would prefer one of the others though.

The fact that only a small number of sets are there and no OT......could the Lucas deal have finished and a new one start with Cartoon Networks owner Time Warner (Ben10) since CN have the rights to CW (without our knowing)......well it's only a theory ?

I doubt it. It's just because the CW is the popular thing right now. Either way, those kinds of theories should probably be kept to the license discussion thread. :wink:

Another Jedi that has appeared in TCW and we have yet to see is Eeth Koth. Any idea's on how TLG would do him as a fig? I think it would be hard as one half of his head is horns and the other is hair :wacko:

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

YES!

EDIT: Eeth Koth is a Zabrak, so he'd probably just get the printed head treatment, like Darth Maul.

Edited by Brickdoctor

I don't think CN can give toy licenses from CW like that. Lucas would never give the merchandise right up like that.

Very true 'Brickdoctor'....why would Lucas cut such a money cow such as Lego Star wars ?

Maybe CW only or CW/PT in the first half and OT/exclusives in the second half or what if the whole first half list is incomplete ?

Now that's something to think about !

Is the list incomplete, Lego have never done any releases without OT, unless OT doesn't sell as well as CW and the releases of PT sets ?

My son loves both OT and PT, where I prefer OT and CW (call me a cartoon junkie) ! :grin:

Most kids seem to prefer the more recent series of PT and CW on television, so that could be another reason too (my son forever plays the final scenes in ROTS all the time with his friends at school).

Could the TRU's of the world be effecting the sets being released next year ?

I'm a conformist! and may the force be with you ! :yoda:

New OT set designs are also hard to come by nowadays. The one advantage of the CW relentlessly revealing new ships at an unrealistic pace is that there's plenty of new ships to make. I don't mind CW, as long as it's done well, but I'd like to see more Ep.2 stuff. Hopefully, we'll see a blue Slave 1 in CW Season 3; give TLG a reason to rerelease that set. I'd also like to see a SPHA-T and an Acclamator. It's better than another X-wing. :tongue:

I'm mostly just looking forward to 2013. If TLG follows the same pattern as for 2010, we should see Scout Trooper and Rebel Commando Battle Packs, and hopefully updated System-scale Lambda-class Shuttles and Sail Barges.

YES!

Well? Aren't you gonna tell us how you think they would make him?

I don't think they'll make a minifig of him unless they make a set based specifically on "Grievous Intrigue" or if he appears more prominently in another episode in the future, but if they did, I think they would just do it like they did Maul and simply print both his horns and hair onto a normal minifig head.

Well, she's the least likely out of the bunch since she only appeared in one episode and didn't do much, but still more likely than this guy from Season 3, I believe. And considering we got such minor characters as Onaconda Farr, Turk Falso, and Nahdar Vebb, I wouldn't be surprised if we would get her too at some point.

sion thread. :wink:

Adi Gallia is supposed to be killed off, anyways. By Ep.3, she's been replaced by Stass Allie (see Order 66 on Saleucami). What I really, really want is a Quinlan Vos minifig. Perfect to go with Aayla Secura, and popular with adult SW fans.

The most likely to be made, however, would probably be Shaak Ti and Luminara.

Hopefully, we'll see a blue Slave 1 in CW Season 3; give TLG a reason to rerelease that set. I'd also like to see a SPHA-T and an Acclamator. It's better than another X-wing.

So you don't think its appearance in the last three episodes of season 2 are enough reason? :wacko:

I would much rather finally have a CIS capital ship than an Acclamator which is barely different from the Venator that we already got!

Well? Aren't you gonna tell us how you think they would make him?

I don't think they'll make a minifig of him unless they make a set based specifically on "Grievous Intrigue" or if he appears more prominently in another episode in the future, but if they did, I think they would just do it like they did Maul and simply print both his horns and hair onto a normal minifig head.

Grrrr, you had to say it just as I added the same info to my post. That's the problem with active threads. :wink:

So you don't think its appearance in the last three episodes of season 2 are enough reason? :wacko:

I would much rather finally have a CIS capital ship than an Acclamator which is barely different from the Venator that we already got!

Well since TLG hasn't released it yet....

I'm a CIS fan, but I don't think the Invisible Hand or a Munificent-class frigate would sell as well as an Acclamator. I was kind of thinking of CW as Clone ships. My bad.

Yes I agree and it is weird the choices of characters that TLG seem to choose to make these sets :wacko: So I suppose we could get her. I think what excites me so much about getting Adi is that she is such a small character, and normally TLG don't do that! I do agree that she is clearly the least likely out of that lot. I do think Shaak ti or Ki-adi are the most likely. I do have a bad feeling that TLG will deciede not to do Luminara again as they will claim that they have already done a fig of her (the LUL... hardly a decent minifig :hmpf: )

I also hope they put Eeth and Adi in future episodes as they are great Jedi!! :cry_happy:

My fear is that if TLG did make Eeth, they would just do a print version :cry_sad: I think the most exciting way would be if they made a normal head and created a mold on top for the horns and hair.

YES!

Haha it would also be great to get him, but like I said about about Adi, it is probably unlikely. Any ideas brickdoctor on how TLG could make Eeth, if they tried?

I think Mr filoni majorly screwed up again with bringing back Eeth as now he has to kill off Eeth and Adi before the end! :angry: Although if we look at his current respect for other media in the star wars universe he will probably just leave them alive because he is so stupid. It does make me angry as there are so many continuity mistakes in TCW.

Hopefully he will sort that out and this years wave of sets will show us whats going to happen is season 3 :classic:

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

Edited by Batman1

I'm mostly just looking forward to 2013. If TLG follows the same pattern as for 2010, we should see Scout Trooper and Rebel Commando Battle Packs, and hopefully updated System-scale Lambda-class Shuttles and Sail Barges.

Don't you mean 2012? 2011 is CW, so 2012 should be OT, and 2013 CW again.

Grrrr, you had to say it just as I added the same info to my post. That's the problem with active threads. :wink:

Why did you only post one word in the first place? :tongue:

Well since TLG hasn't released it yet....

Well, it only appeared 3-4 months ago, and it took them a whole year to release Bane's speeder, so there's still hope. :wink:

Don't you mean 2012? 2011 is CW, so 2012 should be OT, and 2013 CW again.

2013=30th Anniversary of Return of the Jedi.

Why did you only post one word in the first place? :tongue:

Something to go back and ask myself once the flux capacitor is invented.

Edited by Brickdoctor

I do have a bad feeling that TLG will deciede not to do Luminara again as they will claim that they have already done a fig of her (the LUL... hardly a decent minifig :hmpf: )

When have they ever made such an argument? :wacko:

I also hope they put Eeth and Adi in future episodes as they are great Jedi!! :cry_happy:

It would be funny if they really did fly through the corridors of a Sep. capital ship if Adi would appear in another episode with Anakin. :tongue:

I think Mr filoni majorly screwed up again with bringing back Eeth as now he has to kill off Eeth and Adi before the end! :angry:

Well, Eeth was supposed to have died during that episode, but they decided to keep him alive in the last minute for some stupid reason.

Oh well, let's get back to discussing Lego sets.

2013=30th Anniversary of Return of the Jedi.

Yeah, but that doesn't fit into TLC's pattern.

Well, Eeth was supposed to have died during that episode, but they decided to keep him alive in the last minute for some stupid reason.

Hmm...perhaps because Palpatine killed him in episode 3? :hmpf_bad: You're no Star Wars fan.... :laugh:

2007ish-30th Anniversary of A New Hope, Rebel Trooper and Stormtrooper BPs

2010-30th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back, Hoth Rebel and Snowtrooper BPs

so...

2013-30th Anniversary of Return of the Jedi, Rebel Commando and Scout Trooper BPs.

When have they ever made such an argument? :wacko:

It would be funny if they really did fly through the corridors of a Sep. capital ship if Adi would appear in another episode with Anakin. :tongue:

Oh well, let's get back to discussing Lego sets.

They never did make that argument about Luminara. However when they do make a fig that isn't a main character, they normally don't release them again. For example: we probably wont ever get another Onaconda Farr, Aayla or Turk etc. I think TLG would have it in their minds that they've already released a Luminara fig, so why would they release another. I think this is bad though!

Haha that would be so funny if they killed her off because Anakin actually did fly through a sep cruiser :devil::laugh::laugh:

Yeh, and how they are going to kill them off I do not know, hopefully TLG will give us figs before then!

Back on topic:

I do hope that the bounty hunter gunship is the one from episode 17 of the clone wars!

CallMePie: That wasn't Eeth Koth... You're no star wars fan :wink:

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

Edited by Batman1

Hmm...perhaps because Palpatine killed him in episode 3? :hmpf_bad: You're no Star Wars fan.... :laugh:

Eeth Koth was originally killed in Ep.2, and resurrected for CW. Agen Kolar was killed by Sideous in Ep.3. You're no Star Wars fan.... :laugh::wink:

2007ish-30th Anniversary of A New Hope, Rebel Trooper and Stormtrooper BPs

2010-30th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back, Hoth Rebel and Snowtrooper BPs

so...

2013-30th Anniversary of Return of the Jedi, Rebel Commando and Scout Trooper BPs.

The Rebel/Stormie BPs were 2008, and if they keep their pattern the only way they could release the Commando/Scout BPs in 3013 would be as an early 2014 release.

But believe whatever you want. :tongue:

They never did make that argument about Luminara. However when they do make a fig that isn't a main character, they normally don't release them again. For example: we probably wont ever get another Onaconda Farr, Aayla or Turk etc. I think TLG would have it in their minds that they've already released a Luminara fig, so why would they release another.

Because that was several years ago and today's kids probably don't have that fig, plus I'm sure they are aware that us AFOLs are asking for a new, decent version of her.

Besides, I bet you would have said the same about Kit Fisto a year ago, and yet, here he is again, appearing in both a set and a magnet set. :wink:

The Rebel/Stormie BPs were 2008, and if they keep their pattern the only way they could release the Commando/Scout BPs in 3013 would be as an early 2014 release.

But believe whatever you want. :tongue:

Why? The ESB BPs were 2010 releases. Or is there a factor here I don't know about?

Because right now, in terms of what star wars and lucas arts are marketing: we are in the middle of an enormous clone wars-fest. TLG have continued to make OT sets as people still recognise the classic characters of the star wars universe (which makes for good business). What also makes for good business is selling lots of clone wars sets as lots of kids watch the show, so they all want a lego Anakin and Ahsoka to play with, along with their favourite ships from the TV series.

It seems out of place to release a set from episode 1 (which excluding the OT) is the least recent. Although many have seen episode 1, the main interest of their target market is with the Clone Wars tv series. Lego also like releasing sets that are veichle orientated and the title suggests a playset. Im not saying we havent seen them, but again another factor which is out of place. Why would they make an episode 1 set, when they could re-release another Anakin and Ahsoka!! (They really like those two :hmpf: )

RoflWafls: The reason it probably wouldn't be clone wars is because that wasn't a "battle for Naboo". That was just an attempt to poison the water supply.

Unless the V-wing is from TFU2, it is out of place for the same reasons,

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

The V-Wing is probably part of the OT and/or Expanded Universe line, which LEGO maintains from time to time (Rogue Shadow, TIE Crawler). They maybe base it around the ROTS Empire and we get one of the closed helmets ROTS Clone pilots like from Palpatines Shuttle this year (which by the way isn´t that usefull for TCW either).

Battle of Naboo could be, depending on which part of the battle in TPM it is based, also interesting for TCW children, as it probably is the only set containing Jar Jar Binks (Gras field battle) or Padmé (City battle) and probably includes some battledroids, which also seem to be rare at this times. It is a good idea to maybe turn this set in some kind of secondary Battlepack or double-Battlepack for the kids that came to late and first joined when TCW began to air, because LEGO pulled the old Battledroid packs just around the summer of 08, when TCW started to air. If they do something like tan city walls, Flash Speeder, Naboo Guard, Padme and a bunch of droids or Kaadus, boomer wagon, Jar Jar, random Gungan warrior and a bunch of droids and maybe a Droideka I see kids buying that, too.

Why? The ESB BPs were 2010 releases. Or is there a factor here I don't know about?

There seems to be a two year cycle with PT/TCW and OT Battlepacks.

07 = Phase 2 Clones / Battledroids

08 = Stormies / Tantive rebels

09 = Phase 1 Clones / IG-86s

10 = Hoth Rebels / Snowtrooper

11 = Phase 1 Clones / Death Watch

12 = Scouttrooper, Navys, officers / Endor rebels, Ewoks

Your theory is based on the broken one that the TESB packs were out for TESB anniversary but the ANH packs were a year too late for ANH anniversary.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

There seems to be a two year cycle with PT/TCW and OT Battlepacks.

07 = Phase 2 Clones / Battledroids

08 = Stormies / Tantive rebels

09 = Phase 1 Clones / IG-86s

10 = Hoth Rebels / Snowtrooper

11 = Phase 1 Clones / Death Watch

12 = Scouttrooper, Navys, officers / Endor rebels, Ewoks

Your theory is based on the broken one that the TESB packs were out for TESB anniversary but the ANH packs were a year too late for ANH anniversary.

Huh. Never noticed that before.

Well back on to the V-wing, according to Starwars.com it was Ep.III and Expanded Universe fighter, so it could be either EU or ROTS.....like I said....patience....we'll soon find out in time ! :yoda:

I'm a conformist! ! :yoda:

Well back on to the V-wing, according to Starwars.com it was Ep.III and Expanded Universe fighter, so it could be either EU or ROTS.....like I said....patience....we'll soon find out in time ! :yoda:

I'm a conformist! ! :yoda:

And the V-wings at the end of RotS were Imperial, so the name really doesn't mean anything. I just hope (a) it doesn't use stacked plates like the original and (b) it doesn't use curved roof tile bricks like the newer Sith Infiltrator. Something with angled plates on hinges would be nice.