KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

IMO this was the worst year for LSW ever. :sadnew:

It's funny everyone says that, because this year marks the most I've ever bought from the Star Wars line. The past aside, I was almost sure that four figures is a battle pack standard (excluding droids), so it's nice to see that it's pretty much confirmed.

I'm interested in seeing what will be the "Bounty Hunter Gunship" and the Naboo set's contents. I hope the Battle of Naboo set includes Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon as I don't own them.

Oh, and those "Phase 1.5" clones look pretty cool. I don't follow the Clone Wars series much, so I haven't seen them before. Regardless of what clones do appear (so long as some are new), I'm hoping to get more Phase 2 clones. I only have four from the battle pack...

Battle of Naboo? SWEET! I certainly hope that prics is wrong, I'm expecting some sort of Theed playset with Padme, Maul, Obi, Qui-Gon, A guard, Panaka, 1 or 2 BDs, Gunray, and a droidika.

I wouldn't get my hope up so high. What you've got there is maybe 100 USD set, especially with so many main character figs.

What's more likely, IMO, is something like a kaduu or two, a STAP, a few droids, a gungan or two, and maybe, just maybe a new Padme. Although, the way SW pricing is going, even that might be too much to hope for.

On another note... Phase 1.5 Troopers? Forgive me for saying, but now I'm just groaning at how they seem to keep making things marketable, specifically with the battle packs (in which I'm sure they'll use new 1.5 troopers). I know, I know, they have to keep doing this to make money and so on, but it just seems ridiculous.

/rant.

Is this the one? Maybe that's a sign we would be able to finally get her updated minifig this year, but probably not in the Battle of Naboo set since she wasn't wearing that outfit at that time when she was still queen.

clonewarspad.jpg

[posted by Penitent Tangent in the Missing Star Wars Characters topic]

It seems like many people assume the Battle of Naboo set is from episode 1 but is it possible its from "The Clone Wars" animated series?

Maybe they will include a clone wars Padme like the one in the picture, a new Jar Jar and the crazy scientist alien who tried to create a new virus strain.

Wow, nice sets! Looking forward to Mando Battle pack and Imperial V-Wing, as well as Battle of Naboo! Should be an interesting year for Lego Star Wars...

Oh, and by the way, on the Lego messageboards of the official site, someone said they thought there would be a new Death Star in 2011, with no number yet known. However, this is just speculation, and I don't know for sure if it will be released.

The Lego messageboards are like any other messageboard - anybody can post there, just because it's the official site doesn't mean what randomers say is official or holds anything of note at all....

Oh, and by the way, on the Lego messageboards of the official site, someone said they thought there would be a new Death Star in 2011, with no number yet known. However, this is just speculation, and I don't know for sure if it will be released.

Don't believe anything on those Lego Message Boards, it's just a bunch of kids making stuff up for attention or saying what they'd like for a Lego set :hmpf:

-Tilius- hit the nail on the head, Ignore what is said there as it means absolutely nothing.

:hmpf: No rocket clone, that belongs in "star wars sets anyone?" section. Im sure if you ask someone will move it for you. :classic:

Has anyone on Eurobricks seen the 2011 trader catalogue because I dont understand where these set lists are coming from although it seems a reliable source as KimT has posted it. If not is this just the pre-2011 hype?

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

The set lists are compiled from a list on an Indonesian LEGO fansite and the list flashed on imperiumdersteine.de

A swift translation along with some common sense it what the first post's list comes from.

I honestly didn't think there was going to be only 3 figs. There have been doubles before!

My opinions are:

7913- Yay! ARF Trooper, bomb squad trooper is okay, but i'd prefer him not in a BP.

7914- While Mandalorians are great, I'm probably going to pass. While I'm sure they'll be great figures, It will be like the Assassin Droids, who wants an army of them?

7915- Might pass. It was only seen briefly in ROTS and I don't think TFU is that accurate to SW, so...

7929- YES!!! Will buy. As someone said earlier, it has been far too long for EP I sets. I enjoyed the prequels.

7930- Bounty Hunters, I feel, are being overused. Especially for something about Droids and Clones kicking the tar out of each other.

7931- ???

The set lists are compiled from a list on an Indonesian LEGO fansite and the list flashed on imperiumdersteine.de

A swift translation along with some common sense it what the first post's list comes from.

Thanks KimT. Personally I don't think this set list is real and if it is I will be very surprised. However it is so much fun to speculate on what could be coming up and its normally at around this time each year that we start to get rumours and then eventually some blurry prelim pics. I will be very excited for when we do get the first pics and also if we get another set list: as it will lead to more speculation :laugh:

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

Personally I don't think this set list is real and if it is I will be very surprised.

Then I think you're going to get surprised a lot in 2011.

Ah you keep saying that! People who know things scare me! :laugh:

I just cant see the TLG making an episode 1 battle of Naboo set and an imperial V wing. It seems so out of place!! I'm gonna stick by what I think and then if it is the real set list then people can say "told you so" etc.

I'm sure when we get the descriptions of the sets and we know what figs are in them it will shed more light on the situation. As long as we get a new jedi in the first wave, I will be happy :cry_happy:

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

:laugh:

I go away for a mere 3 days, and what happens? Oh well, this is a good surprise to catch up on. The only set I've ruled at this time is the gunship, thought the shuttle is pretty low down on my list. I might pick up the Mando BP, but since I've already got the original Boba and the White Boba, if it's using the new helmets, I probably won't get it. Battle of Naboo and V-wing are looking good for me.

EDIT: Please, please, please, please don't let it be a CW Padme. :sick:

Edited by Brickdoctor

I just cant see the TLG making an episode 1 battle of Naboo set and an imperial V wing. It seems so out of place!!

Why do these seem out of place? In relation to what?

EDIT: Please, please, please, please don't let it be a CW Padme. :sick:

I second that. With all the costume changes Padmé/Amidala/decoy went through in E1, that minifigure would deserve a battle pack all of it's own. It's about time she were a more recognised by Lego.

I just cant see the TLG making an episode 1 battle of Naboo set

Who said anything about it being Episode 1? I don't watch the cartoon, but someone earlier said that there was a Naboo episode, so it could be based off of that (Hopefully not.......)

Why do these seem out of place? In relation to what?

Because right now, in terms of what star wars and lucas arts are marketing: we are in the middle of an enormous clone wars-fest. TLG have continued to make OT sets as people still recognise the classic characters of the star wars universe (which makes for good business). What also makes for good business is selling lots of clone wars sets as lots of kids watch the show, so they all want a lego Anakin and Ahsoka to play with, along with their favourite ships from the TV series.

It seems out of place to release a set from episode 1 (which excluding the OT) is the least recent. Although many have seen episode 1, the main interest of their target market is with the Clone Wars tv series. Lego also like releasing sets that are veichle orientated and the title suggests a playset. Im not saying we havent seen them, but again another factor which is out of place. Why would they make an episode 1 set, when they could re-release another Anakin and Ahsoka!! (They really like those two :hmpf: )

RoflWafls: The reason it probably wouldn't be clone wars is because that wasn't a "battle for Naboo". That was just an attempt to poison the water supply.

Unless the V-wing is from TFU2, it is out of place for the same reasons,

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

Who said anything about it being Episode 1? I don't watch the cartoon, but someone earlier said that there was a Naboo episode, so it could be based off of that (Hopefully not.......)

There was, but that's an older episode. Evidently, TLG knows something about Season 3 that we don't. (which isn't surprising, considering their relationship with Lucasfilm)

Either way, even if it's CW, I'll be happy if we get Gungans with printed faces. I personally kind of liked the way TLG redid the Ewoks, and I wouldn't mind if they did the same with the Gungans. Just leave out the pupils and return to tried-and-true dot eyes.

Because right now, in terms of what star wars and lucas arts are marketing: we are in the middle of an enormous clone wars-fest. TLG have continued to make OT sets as people still recognise the classic characters of the star wars universe (which makes for good business). What also makes for good business is selling lots of clone wars sets as lots of kids watch the show, so they all want a lego Anakin and Ahsoka to play with, along with their favourite ships from the TV series.

It seems out of place to release a set from episode 1 (which excluding the OT) is the least recent. Although many have seen episode 1, the main interest of their target market is with the Clone Wars tv series. Lego also like releasing sets that are veichle orientated and the title suggests a playset. Im not saying we havent seen them, but again another factor which is out of place. Why would they make an episode 1 set, when they could re-release another Anakin and Ahsoka!! (They really like those two :hmpf: )

RoflWafls: The reason it probably wouldn't be clone wars is because that wasn't a "battle for Naboo". That was just an attempt to poison the water supply.

Unless the V-wing is from TFU2, it is out of place for the same reasons,

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

You do realize we've already seen ARC-170s in the CW series, right? There's no reason they can't add the V-wing to Season 3. The V-wing's due for a re-issue as a LEGO set, anyways.

You do realize we've already seen ARC-170s in the CW series, right? There's no reason they can't add the V-wing to Season 3. The V-wing's due for a re-issue as a LEGO set, anyways.

Yes I do know that. The reason it won't be from the clone wars season 3 is that it is called "imperial V-wing" rather than just V-wing or Republic V-wing. Thanks anyway though,

How likely do people think it is, that we will get some new jedi this year? I am so desperate for new jedi and TLG did such a great job of Aayla!

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

Yes I do know that. The reason it won't be from the clone wars season 3 is that it is called "imperial V-wing" rather than just V-wing or Republic V-wing. Thanks anyway though,

Okay, I didn't catch that. :blush:

How likely do people think it is, that we will get some new jedi this year?

If by "this year" you mean 2011, I'd say about 99% likely. TLC always throws Jedis into sets to make 'em more attractive, and there are many that have appeared or will appear in the CW which we don't have a minifig of yet and aren't very hard to produce. I could imagine that rather than the "usual suspects" (Anakin, Ahsoka, Obi), they might put a new jedi into the T6 Shuttle.

If by "this year" you mean 2011, I'd say about 99% likely. TLC always throws Jedis into sets to make 'em more attractive, and there are many that have appeared or will appear in the CW which we don't have a minifig of yet and aren't very hard to produce. I could imagine that rather than the "usual suspects" (Anakin, Ahsoka, Obi), they might put a new jedi into the T6 Shuttle.

Yes I did mean this year so thanks :classic: That was my suspicion too, but which jedi do you think they will give us this year, if you had to guess? The thing is Mace Windu and Obi where seen with cad bane in that craft in S02EP3 so I am really worried they may just give us those 3 figs and nothing else.

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

I think the Jedi we could expect in the future are Ki-Adi Mundi, CW/non-LUL Luminara, Adi Galia, and Shaak Ti. The latter is probably the most likely since she is one of the new characters that they advertise the third season with, so she'll probably play a relatively big role.

All of these would be equally random choices for the T6 set, so I don't know which one they would put in it.

By the way, when you're talking about 2011, it would be less confusing if you say "next year". :wink:

I think the Jedi we could expect in the future are Ki-Adi Mundi, CW/non-LUL Luminara, Adi Galia, and Shaak Ti. The latter is probably the most likely since she is one of the new characters that they advertise the third season with, so she'll probably play a relatively big role.

All of these would be equally random choices for the T6 set, so I don't know which one they would put in it.

By the way, when you're talking about 2011, it would be less confusing if you say "next year". :wink:

Wow, do you really think they would ever release an Adi Galia fig? Ha I'm just feeling a huge amount of irony as about 5 years ago after revenge of the sith came out thinking to myself: "out of all the members of the jedi council, lego will never, ever EVER release Adi Galia" haha it would be very funny if they did now! :cry_happy:

All of those Jedi are great and it would be cool if we managed to get all of them along the way!

And thanks Oky, haha I'll keep that in mind, to me we are somewhere in 2009/2010/2011, I really need to work out what year it is haha!! :laugh:

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

This year is 4707, year of the Tiger. :tongue:

Personally, I really want a Ki-Adi Mundi. I've got a Luminara and will mod out the LUL once the battery runs out, I made a Shaak Ti and really don't want to see a CW version anyways, and Adi Gallia never impressed me. Ki-Adi, on the other hand, was in the video games, appears in action in the movies, and is one of the more interesting alien members of the Council.

I have caught wind of the fact that Aussie Lego reps will be seeing the first half 2011 releases this week. So what about the rest of the world eh ?

Might some links to images be appearing very shortly......I guess be Jedi like and have patience. :yoda:

The fact that only a small number of sets are there and no OT......could the Lucas deal have finished and a new one start with Cartoon Networks owner Time Warner (Ben10) since CN have the rights to CW (without our knowing)......well it's only a theory ?

Note the BP's are CW, most of the sets are CW themed.....except for Battle of Naboo....but again it could be from one of the CW episodes.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :yoda: