KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Since this is still the rumor/speculation thread, I've let the three vs. Four go for now. That argument can end though, DarthSion is right.

Thank you, besides there is no specific number, Assassins, and clone walker both had 5 mini-figures.

And if 3 ain't enough buy 2 BP, or just be glad to get what your getting.

Or maybe its not 3 mini figures, but 3 Mando's, would be surprised if Obi wasn't in it.

Re the debate on 3 of four minifigs in a battle pack.

I'm a parent and spend a huge amount of time with my 7 year old going round The Big Shop in legoland Windsor.

Year before last I saw so many parents put the rebel speeder and Imperial dropship back on the shelf saying - 'It's a waste of money - you only get one character'

Personally, all that says to me is that those folks don't understand the concept of a 'battle pack'. Back when the original 'Space' blister packs were available, I had a hard time finding them, because they'd sell-out in my local toy store as fast as they'd come in...the double packs of 'the same character' and the mixed 'three pack'. And, as I mentioned earlier, the Imperial Dropship BP and the Rebel Speeder BP sold FAST in my area. I'd go to a TRU one week and they'd be fully stocked and I'd go back one week later and they were sold out. Also, the problem with getting 'specific' figures in BPs is the complete lack of use for them. I mean, just how many AT-AT drivers does one need? I have two AT-AT sets and they both CAME WITH drivers. So, okay, even if I did a MOC of the AT-AT head so that it could fit more than one driver...how many more would I need? I'm more interested in troop building my Snowtroopers. If that set was ONLY Snowtroopers, I would have bought twenty packs, no problem. As it is, I bought TWO, because I didn't want a whole pile of extra AT-AT drivers and Imperial Officers. With the old Space and Castle BPs, I always bought as many extras as my sparse allowance at the time would allow. Not so much with the Town ones though. Why? Because they were like these Star Wars ones...too many 'specific' characters...cop, firefighter, nurse...when I would have rather had generic townspeople. I could get all the cops and firefighters I needed in those sets. I didn't need more in Battle Packs.

only 3 clone troopers for the CT battle pack? Does it mention that they will be Phase 1 or Phase 2?

besides i plan not getting much of either. How many bomb troopers do you need? How many mandalorians do you actually need? probably i'm only getting 2-3 of each. i miss the old packs in which you could stock up a lot on, the first Phase 2 and battle droids pack.

Edited by 382nd Legionnaire

only 3 clone troopers for the CT battle pack? Does it mention that they will be Phase 1 or Phase 2?

besides i plan not getting much of either. How many bomb troopers do you need? How many mandalorians do you actually need? probably i'm only getting 2-3 of each. i miss the old packs in which you could stock up a lot on, the first Phase 2 and battle droids pack.

I think it'll be Phase I, as it includes a Bomb Squad and a ARF Trooper. As a friend of mine said, the Phase IIs haven't made a significasnt appearance yet so they being incuded isn't likely.

Just ended the fig amount discussion.

There's 4 figs to a BP as Stash said and my neighbourhood friendly toystore clerk, just acknowledged that fact when I was there earlier today.

:wub:

There's 4 figs to a BP as Stash said and my neighbourhood friendly toystore clerk, just acknowledged that fact when I was there earlier today.

*Insert Ewok celebration theme song here*

Sweetness. So, I'm supposing it's 2 normal clones, an ARF, and a bomb squad trooper, then. For Mando/Deathwatch, I'm guessing 2 with normal blaster, possibly one with captain markings and a darksaber, and probably a sniper.

Well I do not know if anyone has mentioned this, but the first time I read:"Bounty Hunter Gunship" i thought of the big ship, in the clone wars, that belonged to thoose ugly hunters that poisoned anakin and obi's drinks and that appeared in a handfull o' episodes, I don't remember when that ship appeared but if I remember correctly it was a saucer like ship with a huge underside and had like 2 cockpits side to side, the ugly hunters came in large numbers in it, if I recall correctly they used it in the episode that anakin and obi crashed a seperatist ship( it's about darn time that they decide to destroy the enemies suplies instead of their own) into an unhabited planet, again I have an awesome imagination and I may have just invented an episode...

I guess I can only say Cheers.

And add a nice litle thing like by: A guy who doesn't even know what he is doing anymore...

YES news on the upcoming 2011 sets! :cry_happy:

Again something to look forward too, great speculating and reading through all the pages posted by other members with possible set-candidates :thumbup:

Great news! Although I wouldnt have minded if it ment they put a lot of effort in them (like printed legs, different helmets)

KimT/Stash2Sixx, couldn't one of you confirm what figs we are getting or hint to us what we can expect in the upcoming sets?

Also how long do you think it would be until we can expect photo's?

By the way: Nice thought 'blhc11', I hadn't thought of that and that is a good possibility and it would make a great set. On the other hand, if it was that ship it would most likely be called 'Pirate gunship' rather than 'Bounty hunter gunship".

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

KimT/Stash2Sixx, couldn't one of you confirm what figs we are getting or hint to us what we can expect in the upcoming sets?

Also how long do you think it would be until we can expect photo's?

I would, if I knew anything about that.

If I could piggyback on KielDaMan's speculation about the vehicles to be included in the battle packs, I believe we have a good chance of seeing a new version of the BARC speeder in the Clone battle pack. We haven't seen a true version of it since the original clone turbo tank( I don't think the ROTS clone battle pack version counts since it was a two-seated version).

The only other item I could see being included would be some sort of anti-bomb vehicle for the bomb clones or a small version of the AV-7 Antivehicle Cannon seen in the Clone War movie.Link:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:RepublicArtillery.jpg

And if I could jump back to the discussion we started back on page 3 about which ship will be the bounty hunter gunship, I am going to have to go with my original guess that it will be the Halo seen in the Bounty Hunters episode. I think that if it was going to be Cad Bane's The Slight of Hand ship we would get some sort of title including Cad Bane's name or the name of the ship itself, rather than a generic "bounty hunter gunship" title.

I think the reason that Lego is labeling that set the bounty hunter gunship, is because the ship itself is named the Halo and there could be too many legal implications connected to calling a set "Halo" with megablocks holding the rights to the Halo sets.

Battle of Naboo? SWEET! I certainly hope that prics is wrong, I'm expecting some sort of Theed playset with Padme, Maul, Obi, Qui-Gon, A guard, Panaka, 1 or 2 BDs, Gunray, and a droidika.

Thank goodness it's four figures. Thanks for that great news! :sweet:

I think the reason that Lego is labeling that set the bounty hunter gunship, is because the ship itself is named the Halo and there could be too many legal implications connected to calling a set "Halo" with megablocks holding the rights to the Halo sets.

thats a very good point, I think it's going to be the Halo too after hearing that.

Thank you sok117. It's just speculation on my part but the logic made sense to me. The Halo looks like a fine ship and I will be excited to have it as a set if that indeed is what we are getting. But you never know what other ships may be featured on season three which could be used as that set.

Thank you, besides there is no specific number, Assassins, and clone walker both had 5 mini-figures.

Uhm, no, the clone walker has 4. And the fact that droid BPs tend to have more figs is irrelevant.

And if 3 ain't enough buy 2 BP, or just be glad to get what your getting.

Sheesh, Sion, why don't you stop telling people what to do. :hmpf_bad:

Or maybe its not 3 mini figures, but 3 Mando's, would be surprised if Obi wasn't in it.

Well, you'll be in for a surprise, because I doubt they'll put a named Jedi in a battle pack, especially not one as iconic as Obi. Who'd want an army of Obis?

I think it'll be Phase I, as it includes a Bomb Squad and a ARF Trooper. As a friend of mine said, the Phase IIs haven't made a significasnt appearance yet so they being incuded isn't likely.

Or they could be the new Phase 1.5 ones which will appear in Season 3 which will already be airing by the time these come out. But yeah, I guess Phase 1s would make more sense next to the other two.

4817705704_26b856976f.jpg

Well I do not know if anyone has mentioned this, but the first time I read:"Bounty Hunter Gunship" i thought of the big ship, in the clone wars, that belonged to thoose ugly hunters that poisoned anakin and obi's drinks and that appeared in a handfull o' episodes, I don't remember when that ship appeared but if I remember correctly it was a saucer like ship with a huge underside and had like 2 cockpits side to side

Those were pirates, not bounty hunters.

If I could piggyback on KielDaMan's speculation about the vehicles to be included in the battle packs, I believe we have a good chance of seeing a new version of the BARC speeder in the Clone battle pack. We haven't seen a true version of it since the original clone turbo tank( I don't think the ROTS clone battle pack version counts since it was a two-seated version).

The only other item I could see being included would be some sort of anti-bomb vehicle for the bomb clones or a small version of the AV-7 Antivehicle Cannon seen in the Clone War movie.

Some good ideas. I'd be happy with any of those choices. :thumbup: Too bad it probably wont be an AT-RT because that would go great with the ARF trooper.

Yeah, and besides, it wasn't really named in the episode (or even shown for that matter), no one except hardcore CW fans would know what "the Halo" is, but with such a generic name, you know what to expect.

Battle of Naboo? SWEET! I certainly hope that prics is wrong, I'm expecting some sort of Theed playset with Padme, Maul, Obi, Qui-Gon, A guard, Panaka, 1 or 2 BDs, Gunray, and a droidika.

All that in a $30 set? Unlikely. As I said before, it sounds like a Echo Base type of set to me, with Padme, some Naboo guards, some droids, a new flash speeder, and maybe a small turret for the droids or a droideka.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Is it hunting time already? :tongue: Anyways as far as vehicles are concerned i think we will get a walker similar to the one in the turbo tank.

Another point worth noting about the gunship - according to Wookiepedia Cad Bane's ship hasn't actually appeared in the TV series. Its only been used in a video game.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sleight_of_Hand

The Halo does look the right size for a set at that price range. I'm expecting it will come with Sugi and Endo since they require no specialized parts along with either Anakin, Obi-Wan or both.

rsy7x3.jpg

med_gallery_101_33_9722.jpg

2ui7vo8.jpg

Edited by wesker

All that in a $30 set? Unlikely. As I said before, it sounds like a Echo Base type of set to me, with Padme, some Naboo guards, some droids, a new flash speeder, and maybe a small turret for the droids or a droideka.

Smart analysis. I never thought of that. This actually sounds like the most reasonable set considering the price.

I agree completely. This year was one of the worst. Next year is so exciting...

Isn't that what we said about a year ago default_laugh2.gif ?

Wheew, it's a good thing the BPs remain to be 4 figs, thanks for clarifying the issue Kim and Stash.

Well I do not know if anyone has mentioned this, but the first time I read:"Bounty Hunter Gunship" i thought of the big ship, in the clone wars, that belonged to thoose ugly hunters that poisoned anakin and obi's drinks and that appeared in a handfull o' episodes, I don't remember when that ship appeared but if I remember correctly it was a saucer like ship with a huge underside and had like 2 cockpits side to side, the ugly hunters came in large numbers in it, if I recall correctly they used it in the episode that anakin and obi crashed a seperatist ship( it's about darn time that they decide to destroy the enemies suplies instead of their own) into an unhabited planet, again I have an awesome imagination and I may have just invented an episode...

I guess I can only say Cheers.

And add a nice litle thing like by: A guy who doesn't even know what he is doing anymore...

It's highly unlikely it'd be the Pirate's UFO saucer ship. Like what Oky said, they're Pirates and not bounty hunters. So The Bounty Hunter Gunship is a toss up between Sugi's Halo and Bane's Slight of Hand.

Isn't that what we said about a year ago default_laugh2.gif ?

No :grin:

Last year, the only set I was excited for was Palpatine's Shuttle, but now, we (mostly I) realize it sucks in comparison to the RAS. IMO this was the worst year for LSW ever. :sadnew: