KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Maybe this is the Imperial V-Wing default_wacko.gif

Nah, I don't think so, that V-Wing airspeeder is for the New Republic (New Republic Era - post-Battle-of-Endor), and not for the Empire (as the name Imperial dictates). The most plausible version would be the one posted by JamieDodger, a decently-sized ship for the price it's rumored (~USD25).

Was Aurra Sing not in that episode too? I agree that a fig of her would be better, but it'd be even better if they could do both of them :)

If I remember right, Aurra was not in the Bounty Hunters episode in Season 2, only Sugi's gang. But yeah I agree it would be great to have more bounty hunters, which is becoming a trend based on the recent sets.

Edited by KielDaMan

For the Mando pack, I'm expecting their little speeder bike thing and a Basalisk war droid, possibly replacing one of the figs.

Nah, I don't think so, that V-Wing airspeeder is for the New Republic (New Republic Era - post-Battle-of-Endor), and not for the Empire (as the name Imperial dictates).

If I remember right, Aurra was not in the Bounty Hunters episode in Season 2, only Sugi's gang. But yeah I agree it would be great to have more bounty hunters, which is becoming a trend based on the recent sets.

Oh, yeah... I forgot :blush:

Hey everyone if you go to Lego.com....go and check out the trailer for Lego Star wars III - Clone Wars.....pause it towards the end and you'll see a CW Padme with a new design of small blaster.

Is this the one? Maybe that's a sign we would be able to finally get her updated minifig this year, but probably not in the Battle of Naboo set since she wasn't wearing that outfit at that time when she was still queen.

clonewarspad.jpg

[posted by Penitent Tangent in the Missing Star Wars Characters topic]

Edited by KielDaMan

7931 T6 Jedi Shuttle (Includes a Fett? - Even rumored as Fett's Ship)

Awesome if true! Every time I see this on the show, I think "I'd love a lego set of that!"

For the Mando pack, I'm expecting their little speeder bike thing and a Basalisk war droid, possibly replacing one of the figs.

The Basilisk war droid is a rather big droid to be included in the Mando BP (considering the price).

Speeder Bike - most probably, Basilisk War Droid - highly unlikely

Edited by KielDaMan

Sorry to tease, but once you guys see these things, you are gonna want MORE than just the battle packs!

That's all I can say right now. And no, I DO NOT have any pics!

Since Sir Stash gave us a hint/teaser, and we don't have pics yet, I tried to compile everybody's ideas and opinions to come up with this summary on how all of us think the first wave of 2011 sets would look like:

Star Wars 2011 Rumored Sets:

7913 Clone Trooper Battle Pack

Figs: Clone Trooper, ARF Trooper & Bomb Squad Trooper

Price: 14,99 EUR / $10.99 USD / $14.99 CAD

4867807096_a506a044fa.jpg

7914 Mandalorian Battle Pack

Figs: 3 Mandalorians?

4867807156_e64c0bbb9b.jpg

7915 Imperial V-Wing Star Fighter

Figs: Unknown

Price: 26,99 EUR / $24.99 USD / $34.99 CAD

4867190615_2da3516960.jpg

7929 The Battle Of Naboo

Price: 29,99 EUR / $29.99 USD / $39.99 CAD

4867190695_e8189275b1.jpg

7930 Bounty Hunter Gunship

Price: 49,99 EUR / $49.99 USD / $69.99 CAD

4867190765_0c8448c699.jpg

7931 T6 Jedi Shuttle (Includes a Fett? - Even rumored as Fett's Ship)

Figs: Uknown

Price: 69,99 EUR / $79.99 USD / $109.99 CAD

4867190827_0c05a0efed.jpg

Edited by KielDaMan

Kiel, some of those are looking good. All in good time...

ISN'T IT EXCITING!?!?!?!?!?!?!

If Boba is in that set, then im guessing its him as a boy and must be for an episode in season 3 of CW.

Kiel, some of those are looking good. All in good time...

ISN'T IT EXCITING!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yep, it is indeed exciting! The first time you hear the news in words, it's already exciting! And now that somehow we have 'painted a picture' on how the sets would probably look like, the excitement even doubled. What more if we already have the official (even the unofficial ones) pics? That would definitely stir up the excitement of everybody. This is gonna be great year for LSW, IMO. default_classic.gif

7914 Mandalorian Battle Pack

Figs: 3 Mandalorians?

4867807156_e64c0bbb9b.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks that this piece sort of looks like that Mando speeder? :sceptic:

52035.jpg

I can't decide if I think TLC would use that or not... If they did they could use these as well...

44676.jpg

Edited by darthperson

Am I the only one who thinks that this piece sort of looks like that Mando speeder? default_sceptic.gif

52035.jpg

I can't decide if I think TLC would use that or not... If they did they could use these as well...

44676.jpg

That would be most probable, I've never thought of the first piece, but I doubt TLG would use that since that's too easy for them and they'll be criticized for lack of creativity. The second piece I thought TLG would use the trapezoid flags for sure.

Edited by KielDaMan

This is gonna be great year for LSW, IMO. default_classic.gif

I agree completely. This year was one of the worst. Next year is so exciting just because of all the new Mandalorians :sweet:

BTW, Stash, I'm not asking for any details, but did you see the sets already?

Edited by prateek

Oh Stash dont tease us! :cry_sad: You know how excited we get! :tongue:

From what stash said maybe the battle packs are going to have bigger vehicles and maybe thats why there may only be 3 minifigs in it.

From what stash said maybe the battle packs are going to have bigger vehicles and maybe thats why there may only be 3 minifigs in it.

Dude they are Mandos, How many do you need in one bp. They can't give more than three, it would make Mandos too easy to obtain, if they put more than 3 they would have to raise the price

Dude they are Mandos, How many do you need in one bp. They can't give more than three, it would make Mandos too easy to obtain, if they put more than 3 they would have to raise the price

It's a battle pack they are going to be easy to obtain anyway. :hmpf:

The battle packs have always had four minifigs in them. Now both are changing not just the Mando BP so I think that maybe the lack of a fourth minifig will result in a better vehicle.

Sorry to tease, but once you guys see these things, you are gonna want MORE than just the battle packs!

That's all I can say right now. And no, I DO NOT have any pics!

Could you hint to us about how many new figs we are seeing in this new wave??

I think teasing is a form a torture!! I am so excited! This is agony! :cry_sad:

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

Re the debate on 3 of four minifigs in a battle pack.

I'm a parent and spend a huge amount of time with my 7 year old going round The Big Shop in legoland Windsor.

Year before last I saw so many parents put the rebel speeder and Imperial dropship back on the shelf saying - 'It's a waste of money - you only get one character'

This year Hoth battlepacks have been nearly constantly sold out and again I've seen lots of parents comment on how much better value the sets seem because they come with a variety of characters.

Take a look at this years BP's - do they come with 4 minifigs or 3 different minifigs, with a multiple of one character?

Maybe next years follow the same pattern ? 3 characters, one of which is repeated - would certainly work for the Clone pack - not so sure about the Mandalorian, but a variety of figures certainly makes the set much more appealing to parents spending Pocket money or a small gift.

Personally I give BP's as presents to any Kids parties we go to, and my son has received plenty as presents from friends - they all know he loves lego and cant go wrong with a set like this, plus the price point is esigned for this.

That's what these things are made for....

Edited by mookage

Imperial V Wings must be pretty awesome, because they cost $15 more than republic V wings.

As far as I know, there are 4 figs in a battlepack. That's what makes it a battle pack!