KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Not sure what to make of the rest of the rumored sets but I am happy to see a Mando and ARF trooper battle packs. I am interested to see the color schemes used for the minifigs. If it is Deathwatch those colors would be nice to see in Lego form, and I would be disappointed if we get plain old white for the Clone BP. I am also interested in the bounty Hunter gunship and what exactly that will be.

Not sure what to make of the rest of the rumored sets but I am happy to see a Mando and ARF trooper battle packs. I am interested to see the color schemes used for the minifigs. If it is Deathwatch those colors would be nice to see in Lego form, and I would be disappointed if we get plain old white for the Clone BP. I am also interested in the bounty Hunter gunship and what exactly that will be.

If this will be the Mando BP, I'm pretty sure these will sell like hotcakes! Just imagine these guys in the new Boba Fett Helmet mold in dark blue/sand blue/dark bley color scheme, those'll be cool.

4865406622_db1a626daf.jpg

...so i think, that T6 Shuttle, which is part of TCW Season 2, would maybe arranged which a "Fett" Figure (Boba?) ... i red, that in Season 2, episode 22 (Lethal Trackdown) Boba Fett and Bossk were prisoned by Plo Koon & Ahsoka, who take their ride with the T6 Shuttle... maybe one version ^^

That sounds very possible.

I wish the SW battle packs were more like 'Castle' and 'Pirate'...five figs and weapons. No screwin' around! No crappy vehicles, no 'barely there' constructs...just TROOP BUILDERS! That's what battle packs USED TO BE and that's what they SHOULD BE. Hmph. :angry: That is all.

Yeah, but SW BP's have NEVER been like that.

It's the license - TLG isn't allowed to make action figure boxes as that belongs to Mattel (I think).

They have to make 'regular' LEGO sets which include a brick-build unit.

The only thing that was more of a figure pack was the "Minifig Packs" which were grounded almost before they hit the shelves - never to return.

Oh yeah, which BP's "USED TO BE and that's what they SHOULD BE"?

I am totally looking forward to the Battle of Naboo set :wub:

Wow. If those are real sets, I will very likely get all of the sets on the list. I missed the last V-Wing (although I looked quite hard), and I need way more battle packs.

Comparing prices to each other, it seems that the Naboo set might be a bit like that "Echo Base" set, which is good, because it should be affordable. Luckily, there don't seem to be too many large sets in the first wave, as my budget is going to take quite a hit after the current line of Star Wars is released here...

Edited by Delta 38

Luckily, there don't seem to be too many large sets in the first wave, as my budget is going to take quite a hit after the current line of Star Wars is released here...

Thats the same with this year as well. So if it follows that pattern than the best is still to come! :cry_happy:

Thats the same with this year as well. So if it follows that pattern than the best is still to come! :cry_happy:

Good point.

I don't know whether I should be relieved or be terrified.

Oh, and I just noticed that it's an Imperial V-Wing? Hopefully it will come with an interesting minifig, then...

Comparing Navy Trooper Fenson's list from Imperiumdersteine to the rumors I've heard, this is what I've concluded:

Star Wars 2011 Rumored Sets:

7913 Clone Trooper Battle Pack (Clone Trooper, ARF Trooper & Bomb Squad Trooper 14,99 EUR

7914 Mandalorian Battle Pack (3 Mandalorians?) 14,99 EUR

7915 Imperial V-Wing Star Fighter 26,99 EUR

7929 The Battle Of Naboo 29,99 EUR

7930 Bounty Hunter Gunship 49,99 EUR

7931 T6 Jedi Shuttle (Includes a Fett?) 69,99 EUR

I've cleaned up the first post to have the above info.

I'm fairly sure that combining the info from the store clerk, tomo and an Indonesian legofansite gives us the above.

When we get more intel on this, I'll update the first post to look like the one in the 2010 Picture and Rumor Topic with part count, minifigs, release dates and all the usual stuff.

Battle of Naboo sounds promising, I'll pray for a new Padme :cry_happy: . The BPs sound okay, and now that I don't have to save any shelf space for any live-action series sets I might as well get into TCW a bit more. The figure cut sucks though, I would have paid more to keep number four. I liked this style more than the "troop builders" in the 90's, and Kenner/Hasbro was definitely right in wanting to keep that format for themselves. The only must have for me is the V-wing if it looks like the hasbro one. As for a pilot how about a Utapau shadow pilot like hasbro's. I hope the second half of '11 has some awesome OT/TFUII sets :thumbup: .

I know this is rumors, but personally I don't like the sound of most of this... All my hope is going into this 'battle for naboo' set. I would love a large battlepack kind of set (like the 2009 hoth set) with say, a new JarJar, 2 new Kaddu and 3 other Gungans... :wub: Plus a few droids.

One can dream... One needs to when the lineup looks this bad :sick: (too much EU IMO)

-Legoman

Hmmm...Perhaps a lego set for star wars the force unleashed 2?That would be great! :thumbup:

Thanks for clearing up the info KimT, so it does look like the Clone Trooper BP will consist of three different troopers:

a) Clone trooper - hopefully not the regular ones, it'd be better if it has a new helmet or specific function (like a clone gunner or clone pilot)

b) ARF trooper - hopefully a new helmet mold and not a printed biker scout trooper helmet

c) Bomb squad trooper - same as regular clones but with orange diamond marks.

This new approach seems to be a good idea since you could have different types of clones you could build an army of, unlike the previous Clone BP which is just 3 x regular clone troopers + clone gunner + added accessories.

Edited by KielDaMan

Hmmm...Perhaps a lego set for star wars the force unleashed 2?That would be great! :thumbup:

Which set on the list are you thinking of?

Or are you merely making a wish?

Wishes for future sets belongs in the Future Star Wars sets topic.

Thanks.

Actually, I think he might be on to something. Since we've never heard of an imperial V-Wing, it could be something from TFU2.

Actually, I think he might be on to something. Since we've never heard of an imperial V-Wing, it could be something from TFU2.

Thats very likely, I wouldn't be surprised if they featured an Imperial V-Wing in TFU2

One can dream... One needs to when the lineup looks this bad :sick: (too much EU IMO)

-Legoman

Clone Wars is not EU.

Personally, I like the battle packs, and the Nabboo set could be promising. Not a fun of the Jedi shuttle design, although there's the possibility of it coming with some great minifigs. The big one for me is the bounty hunter ship, especially if it's based on that Seven Samurai episode. Perhaps an Embo minifig?

800px-EmboBowcaster.jpg

More likely its ROTS. The V-Wings were shown at the end of the movie and by that point the Empire was already established. :vader:

7929 The Battle Of Naboo 29,99 EUR ....

quite strange this one...

I am really curious on how will it go -i thouhg SW had come to an end-, though i would prefer that they release more starships than anything else for SW... otherwise Space will never make it again :sceptic:

The big one for me is the bounty hunter ship, especially if it's based on that Seven Samurai episode. Perhaps an Embo minifig?

800px-EmboBowcaster.jpg

Embo would make a nice new bounty hunter MF, if the bounty hunter ship is based on that episode. But considering these new bounty hunters (Sugi's band) are relatively less popular than Bane's gang, I would assume this bounty hunter gunship will be based on Bane's bounty hunter crew and we could have the more anticipated Aurra Sing fig, which is better than an Embo fig, IMO.

Edited by KielDaMan

I would assume this bounty hunter gunship will be based on Bane's bounty hunter crew and we could have the more popular Aurra Sing fig, which is better than an Embo fig, IMO.

Or, could it be Boba, Aurra Sing and Bossk? From the last few episodes of season 2.

I reckon any one of those three groups would be cool but Bane we have already got in the CTT and his speeder which has some of his group already in anyway.

Thank you very much for this set list, KimT! :classic:

Since I only collect non-UCS OT sets I'm really disappointed that there is no single OT set on this list. :cry_sad:

Since it's that long ago that we saw the classic OT fighters like X-Wing, TIE Fighter and MF and since there are still that many sets which haven't been done yet (like a Bantha set, a Yavin Base, a decent Mos Eisley Cantina, ...) I would have bet that there'll be two OT sets out in Jan./Febr. 2011.

Hopefully there'll be at least one OT set for the first 2011 wave.

Klaus-Dieter

Or, could it be Boba, Aurra Sing and Bossk? From the last few episodes of season 2.

I reckon any one of those three groups would be cool but Bane we have already got in the CTT and his speeder which has some of his group already in anyway.

Yep, that's very probable since we already have the Boskk fig, young Boba is easily makeable, but Aurra Sing might be the exclusive MF in this set (which will 'magnet' all of us to buy this set). I admire TLG's tactic of distributing the highly collectable bounty hunters in different sets (just like the way they did with the jedis), very clever indeed.

Since I only collect non-UCS OT sets I'm really disappointed that there is no single OT set on this list. default_cry4.gif

Since it's that long ago that we saw the classic OT fighters like X-Wing, TIE Fighter and MF and since there are still that many sets which haven't been done yet (like a Bantha set, a Yavin Base, a decent Mos Eisley Cantina, ...) I would have bet that there'll be two OT sets out in Jan./Febr. 2011.

Hopefully there'll be at least one OT set for the first 2011 wave.

Like what they've said, the list is still incomplete this early and OT-based sets can still be part of the 2011 first wave.

Though I think us, LSW fans, should start accepting the possibility that less and less OT-based sets will come out in the future, and more and more will be based on CW just for the simple fact that more new characters, ships, and sets can be based on the current CW series. Don't get me wrong, OT and PT are great, but there will come a time that TLG would have covered almost everything in those movies and remakes are the only possibility (which we have a lot nowadays). Plus, maybe kids don't appreciate OT/PT stuff like the way we do AFOLs.

Edited by KielDaMan

Sounds plausible. Which is the one reason I am still a bit sceptic.

No OT sets is a bit sad, but we got a lot this and last year. I guess we will see some in the summer then, new X-Wing, new Tie and perhaps even new Falcon.

Naboo for 30 Euros? Keep in mind guys, in Germany sets with around 180 pieces (swamp speeder, Landspeeder, Freeco) sell for around 30€! So we can forget the N1 or AAT! I would say it is either a Flashspeeder with a couple of figs or some Gungans. It is probably a Flashspeeder with new QuiGon, Obi, Padme.

I will have use for everything OT/PT (new figs!!) plus the Clone BP. Here is finger crossing for a camo ARF trooper!

Edited by Zzz

Clone Wars is not EU.

Gee, Sorry mate, Didn't mean to offend anyone :laugh:

'CW'/'EU', I know they're supposedly different, (Cannon vs Non-Cannon) But In my books, I just call anything EU if it's not from the original 6 movies. I am dissapointed by the lack of OT/PT sets. Hopefully we'll see more coming (the exclusives are often found out way later :classic: )

The lineup for 2011 doesn't look too good so far. I wonder what minifigs they

would put in The Battle of Naboo. I don't think TLC should make a V-Wing Star fighter

perhaps they could do a droid fighter of some kind???