KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Finally! 2011 news!

Even though I don't like Star Wars that much, I might consider on buying 7914 Mandalorian Battle Pack. It sounds like a great mini-set. :classic:

Interesting rumors so far. I'm very disappointed in the battle pack selection, Clones (for the third time) and Mandalorians are a waste, IMO. Don't know much about the gunship or the Jedi shuttle, I'm guessing they'll probably be based on the cartoon and as I don't watch it, I don't know what those are based on or which characters will be included. The V-Wing and Battle of Naboo could be good, but as others have echoed, at this point we just don't know enough about the sets to know just how they'll stack up. I'm looking forward to the information we get over the next few months. :thumbup:

Based on these rumored sets, I'm gonna straight out say 2011 will be a much much better year than 2010. There'll be a lot of original sets and not just re-makes of old ones (Slave I, CTT, ARC-170, JSF, AT-AT, Hoth Sets). I'm actually excited about the BPs: the Mandalorian BP (Death Watch) will be way better than the assassin droids/battle droids BPs, and hopefully the Clone Troopers BP will feature new clone variants (ARF troopers, geonosis-camo trooper). And I'm not gonna rant about the prices, by now we are supposed to expect the increasing trend of prices every year, and we can't do anyhting about it but prepare our wallets. I'm quite excited for confirmation of these sets.

Edited by KielDaMan

Battle of Naboo? All I can say is about time! There have been far too few Episode I sets since the original run of them. I actually enjoyed the prequels, and I think even those who disliked them could appreciate the ships and settings.

Comparing Navy Trooper Fenson's list from Imperiumdersteine to the rumors I've heard, this is what I've concluded:

Star Wars 2011 Rumored Sets:

7930 Bounty Hunter Gunship 49,99 EUR

7931 T6 Jedi Shuttle ("Fett Ship"?) 69,99 EUR

What the smeg are those, Fett ship?

Battle of Naboo sounds interesting. Hopefully it will be the first of several Naboo themed sets like what Lego did with Hoth the past few years.

The bounty hunter gunship could be this vehicle. It is seen in the Clone Wars episode Bounty Hunters. It is owned by a bounty hunter (with a heart of gold:)named Sugi. It has some potential.

Link:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Halo.jpg

I have to say, if the figure count in the battle packs are accurate then the decrease from 4 to 3 figures is quite disappointing. I would be willing to pay an extra dollar to 2 rather than lose an entire mini-figure from the pack.

I do find this time to be one of the most exciting times as a Lego collector. There is something about finding that first list of possible sets that feels like Christmas in August.

Edited by djmangunz

Ah Sugi's ship right, that was a good episode, Hmm on the other hand not another Anakin, Obi, Ashoka set, although i would love Embo, OH Rancor man that would be sweet.

So whats the t6 jedi fett thing, is that the one from the same episode that Anakin crashed.

The two that sound the most interesting to me are the mando battle pack and the bounty hunter gunship. What could that be like? I know the Imperial V-wing will be like the exclusive hasbro one released to Toysrus probably, just simple black with white accents. This sounds like a good year.

Darth Sion a rancor would be sweet, but with that price tag, I doubt it. I, like you, am still holding out hope for TFU2 sets.

The T6 shuttle could have Mace and Obi in it from one episode or Plo and Ahsoka from another. But it does sound like we would get a young Boba figure, if that will make it worth your while.

Here is an image, I think it has been linked to before, not sure.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:T6Shuttle-BH.jpg

Edited by djmangunz

I have to say, I like that ship much better than Sugi's. Whatever it is, it can't be that big with that price count.

Just checked those images of the bounty hunter and jedi ships - yes I want the first, the second I'll think about ! (thanks 'djmangunz' for the links)

Will the Lego bounty hunter craft be in those colours - they look like somebody's body armour colours ! :wink:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Well given we have a new Boba this year at least its unlikely to be something with him, unless its a new ship he will use in TFU2?.

The idea of getting Boba with the T6 shuttle came from the translation KimT made when changing the German to English. Since the Clone Wars feature Boba as a child, it would be a good bet that would be the form we would get as a mini-figure. But, as we know, nothing is for sure until we get the sets;)

Lightning Tiger, the T6 shuttle sounds like it is happening but I am just speculating about the bounty hunter ship. I could be totally wrong :grin:

Yeah but the only thing Boba was in was slave 1, republic cruiser, and the escape pod, then again Bane wasnt in the CTT so.

That is true, however, you know that Lego adds unusual figures to sets they don't really belong in. Plo in the gunship, Kit in the ARC fighter, and as you say Bane in the CTT. Anyway, you may be totally correct and he may not show up at all. I have no idea, I am just passing on the information I read on the first page. It would be cool to get Boba as a kid thought. :classic:

Hopefully the more generic figures in the BPs (CLone Trooper, Mando Warrior) will increase to x2 instead of x1.

Yeah. Otherwise, those three figs better be some damn good figs. :sceptic:

I like the sound of this list. Deathwatch Mandos in the style of the new Boba would be great to have, and the ARF trooper is a nice addition too. Not so thrilled about the Bomb Squad trooper since they are a very mission-specific troopers, but still good to have, I suppose.

The V-Wing sounds like it will be a nice way of getting a clone pilot, hopefully in the style of the one in Palpy's shuttle.

The Battle of Naboo, as established earlier, could be anything, so I can't say much about that at this point, except that it sounds like an Echo Base type of set.

I really like the T6 Shuttle, so I'm glad they're making a set out of it. I hope it comes with Cad Bane and Mace Windu or Cody instead of Anakin & Ahsoka. A young Boba instead of Bane would be possible too after TLG's logic, I suppose.

The only thing I could imagine what the Bounty Hunter Gunship could be is the Halo from the episode "Bounty Hunters". I really like this ship as well, and the prospect of getting Embo and Sugi minifigs excites me! Besides, think of all the dark green we would get from this set!

Halo.jpg

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

The T6 shuttle and the bounty hunter gunship are quite interesting sets, but if ever these sets are confirmed and finalized, I think we'll once again have these in less-than-what-it-should be sizes. The T6 shuttle is a pretty huge ship (specifically the wings), and I hope the cockpit will be able to seat 4 MFs, just like what we saw in the series. The bounty hunter gunship, if it's Halo, that's quite big for a set so it's highly unlikely; but if it's Bane's Slight of Hand, I think the realistic size should be like the RGS.

EDIT: Nah, I think the the Slight of Hand is still too big for an RGS-size, it will still be undersized if ever TLG releases it.

Edited by KielDaMan

I didn't even notice that one of the figures in the battle pack was an ARF trooper. That totally changes my stance on getting 3 mini-figures rather than 4. I would be willing to take on less figure for one of those guys. I have been hoping for an ARF trooper since we saw them in the Clone Wars movie.

I didn't even notice that one of the figures in the battle pack was an ARF trooper. That totally changes my stance on getting 3 mini-figures rather than 4. I would be willing to take on less figure for one of those guys. I have been hoping for an ARF trooper since we saw them in the Clone Wars movie.

Me too, it's about time we get a new clone trooper variant. The ARF troopers have appeared already thrice in the CGI series (camouflaged type in the movie, Lightning Squadron-type in Season 1, and Geonosis-camo-type in Season 2) plus in Ep.III (Kashykk trooper). Though I think the most realistic one is the Lightning Squadron ARF Troopers since they have the same body armor as generic clones with custom printed white helmet, unlike the other two types which has complex camo prints. I would be happy to have this official ARF troopers for my Lightning Squadron. default_classic.gif

4864712501_f89a96188a_z.jpg

Edited by KielDaMan

I think the Battle of Naboo set will be a lot like the Battle of Hoth set we got last year. Just a big battle pack (which is good :thumbup: ). As to what's in the set I reckon, a kaadu, a flashspeeder and 2 Naboo security minifigs and 1 gungan. On the other side I think it would be just a droid on a STAP.

As for battle packs, I would be happy to pay the same price I am paying as long as the minifigs are all unique and awesome. I know that kinda defeats the purpose of a battle pack but if they are trying to cut it down then they have to make what's left really awesome.

As for battle packs, I would be happy to pay the same price I am paying as long as the minifigs are all unique and awesome. I know that kinda defeats the purpose of a battle pack but if they are trying to cut it down then they have to make what's left really awesome.

I too, would be more than willing to pay the same price if we get one of each of these ARF troopers in the Clone Trooper BP (though highly unlikely)

4864712501_f89a96188a_z.jpg

Edited by KielDaMan