KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Don't think we've seen that yet. Thanks. It does give us a slightly better view of the Tauntaun pen, which still doesn't look that great.

Are those icicles supposed to fall off as a play feature? There are some Technic pieces in that area that don't really belong.

Yes, the icicles appear to fall when the pin is pulled. This is the one LEGO set I will have to completely redesign in order to be happy with.

It also seems to be less than what I expected price wise and is wort it for the figures just wish it actually had some rebel troops in it.

Edited by kermit

Any of you know what that yellow thing Leia is holding is?

Looks like a banana to me. Probably something for the Taun-Taun to eat :laugh: .

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

There's nothing in this set that appeals to me in terms of figures, and the base itself is pretty awful.

Guess it's a pass unless my son begs for it.

Edited by TeufelHund

Any of you know what that yellow thing Leia is holding is?

Looks like a banana to me. Probably something for the Taun-Taun to eat :laugh: .

It does look like a banana, but at this size, angle, and resolution, it could really be just about any yellow accessory.

It does look like a banana, but at this size, angle, and resolution, it could really be just about any yellow accessory.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing one of these: link.

Wow, falling icicles? A bit of an odd play feature, but then of course there are also flick-fire missiles as well. :tongue:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing one of these: link.

Good spot. :thumbup: Now that you mention it, I'm seeing one of those as well. Though whether it is or not, I can't figure out what sort of yellow accessory would be appropriate for that minifig. :wacko:

Somehow the torso of the Celebration Han doesn't seem to work that well - maybe there's too much going on? It's still a must have figure for me though and a cheap(ish) way to get hold of the new leg print.

I think it looks like Leia is holding a neon green popsicle: link

That sounds like a good call to me. Probably one of TLGs little jokes.

I was looking on Toys R Us and found that Hoth Echo Base was for sale and it seemed to have a new picture:

5903017482_927e44fb9e.jpg

Hoth Echo Base by Lord Of The Fries, on Flickr

Looks like Leia is carrying a banana :classic: .

PS. Sorry if this picture has been bought up on Eurobricks before.

Could you tell how much it costs at TRU?

In that case, a coffee cup...?

A popsicle imo would be more 'amusing' due to the freezing temperature on Hoth but I suppose you could argue that for the same reason Leia would like a nice hot drink :grin: .

A popsicle imo would be more 'amusing' due to the freezing temperature on Hoth but I suppose you could argue that for the same reason Leia would like a nice hot drink :grin: .

That is what the popsicle was. Coffee froze on the stirring stick :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Looks like Leia is holding a banana ! :iamded_lol:

And I'll leave that one there. :innocent:

Price of this one easy over 100 bucks Aussie, judging on what TRU charge us in the land of Oz`for SW Lego ! :sarcasm_smug:

Could you tell how much it costs at TRU?

Can't speak for the rest of the world, but the American TRU lists it as $89.99USD. Only slightly overpriced-- could be a great set to pick up at a discount during the holidays.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

How much will this cost in the UK do you think?

It's a nice set, but I'm not willing to pay over £80 for it. There's some nice figures and parts, but it's not spectacular. I think it's an ice lolly that Leia's holding. Thanks for the picture, Lord Of The Fries!

I'll probably end up buying the new Hoth base. Partly because I missed out on the other ones. Mainly because I want the figs, none of which I have yet. Lukes hair is cool, too.

Thanks for forwarding this on.

By all accounts this is still a badly conceived set. The minifigs are great - new hood head-piece on Han there too - but it looks like the designers were building an Ice Planet playset rather than Star Wars. Still, there's enough parts here for MOCers to work with in creating their own version I'm sure.

Looks like Leia is carrying a banana :classic: .

Don't you know? Taun Tauns go bananas for bananas!

Are those icicles supposed to fall off as a play feature? There are some Technic pieces in that area that don't really belong.

Sadly yes, that is a "play feature"... *sigh*... I remember the old Kenner playsey with collapsing arches/walkways. Now THAT was a play feature!

This is the one LEGO set I will have to completely redesign in order to be happy with.

You're not the only one who feels this way! EB should run a contest to design Echo Base using the same number of parts. I bet we'd see damn-sight better creations than this.

Still, there's enough parts here for MOCers to work with in creating their own version I'm sure.

I'm not even sure about that. There're some good looking grey pieces, and I'm sure there'll be basic bricks, but the set seems to be so much 'base' and so little 'Hoth' that to make a good base would require a lot more white than is in this set.

With Comic Con 2011 just over 2 weeks away, I am starting to wonder if TLC has anything planned for this years event. Last year we had the fantastic Cube Dudes for this and the Star Wars Celebration V.

I do hope they have come up with something to top last years promo but I don't think my wallet does! :laugh:

Well at last years comic con, Obi Wan's JSF was revealed, so I'm assumung that this year, again, the second exclusive will be revealed.