KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Ok so IG-88 head was just a printed 1x1. Dengar looks good. Piett is ok but I do like the hologram print.

Alas, I am still not sold on the set as a whole.

Thanks for posting that, Ritz Brick. Well, there we have it. I'm not a big fan of the play feature, but I don't think it detracts from the overall look of the model. We don't get to see the bottom very well, or the rear (I missed the box pictures).

Yep, I'll be getting it. Now where to put it...

*oh2**huh*

Gotta pick my jaw off the floor! This thing's amazing! Definitely a must-buy for me.

Pricepoint? I'm thinking $350.

If you didn't see the pics...

10221box1copy.jpg

10221box2copy.jpg

This model just seems so forced into system scale... Take away the figures and it's a definitive UCS set. Building in a token bridge playset, and a rather miniscule one at that, just seems so forced and counter-intuitive to the entire design. I almost wonder if they guy finished his prototype and then a VP of marketing or something said "Okay, now rip it apart and put in a 16x12 bridge area so we can sell it with figs."

I honestly love that it has both a UCS and System flavor to it. And the bridge scene has been so perfectly integrated that it's not obvious once the panel is put in place. Lego did a great job to please both camps on this one. :sweet:

I think the little bridge scene is not as bad as I first thought. They could have done better thinks with the pieces, but ypu don't see from the outside that it has a interior. And this looks like a real must-have!

The designer said , this was the last time ,hi an UCS designed.

and in the video comment : "the latest ultimate, exclusive LEGO® Star Wars™ set!

can be possible : this set was the latest exclusive set? no more?

iam just askin'...

I really like the look of this, and the bridge scene. However, I’m surprised by the low piece count, considering the length of it, but I guess that it’s comprised of lots of plates. I just hope that it isn’t going to be too expensive! I guess that I might have to buy it after all. :wink:

and in the video comment : "the latest ultimate, exclusive LEGO® Star Wars™ set!

iam just askin'...

Latest not last, it just means that this is the last one untill the next one is built.

iam just askin'...

I don't quite understand the translation of this, but the developer means that's the last UCS set he had any involvement in. Lego is obviously going to make more.

Latest also means newest, not last.

E: lolbrickdoctor

Edited by simonjedi

iam just askin'...

'Latest' just means the last one they designed before writing that statement. It doesn't necessarily mean the last one of all time. (though it could, but I don't know that for sure. Grammatically, it just means the newest one)

The bridge scene actually doesn't make it look bad. I mean if your on the side of "its UCS, it shouldn't have play features", i can see why you don't like it, but just looking at it as a model, and how good it looks, it looks fine. The bridge scene doesn't affect the look.

Come on,the bottom is flat!!! Ok the play-scene seems well integrated i could live with that,but a totally flat bottom???That reminds me of the other models from the summer-wave,almost all of them look really ugly on their bottom(Millenium Falcon,Sith Infiltrator)! Seems like TLG don't really care about the underside of their models no more! Very sad!

Seems like TLG don't really care about the underside of their models no more! Very sad!

But.. they never did in the first place?

Hmm, I'll probably still have to buy an Executor anyway... I'm 100% positive this will be once again one of those sets that, once out of production, instantly receive a 300% boost of their price.

EDIT: just saw its true price on the other thread. My God, TLG is getting greedier and greedier by the minute. Suddenly Obi Wan's Starfighter's price doesn't seem a joke anymore.

Edited by kamigawa

People probably mean the UCS star destroyer, with it's studs-down bottom. Older models also had decent looking undersides, like the original Falcon and it's rounded bottom pieces to match the top.

This model just seems so forced into system scale... Take away the figures and it's a definitive UCS set. Building in a token bridge playset, and a rather miniscule one at that, just seems so forced and counter-intuitive to the entire design. I almost wonder if they guy finished his prototype and then a VP of marketing or something said "Okay, now rip it apart and put in a 16x12 bridge area so we can sell it with figs."

I agree completely... if you ask me the little bridge is a joke.

Previously I'm pretty sure all the UCS sets had pretty nice bottoms. Not completely sure though.

Those are the same pics from the press release. :wink:

What, no model soldier? :sceptic::tongue:

Too bad. Would've been a great touch if they stuck a minifig in the greebling.

Too bad. Would've been a great touch if they stuck a minifig in the greebling.

I'm pleasantly surprised that you knew what I was talking about! :sweet:

I'm actually not sure whether a minifigure would have worked well at this scale. Perhaps Lasse could enlighten us...

Edited by fallenangel309