Sign in to follow this  
SavaTheAggie

MOC: Texas State Railroad Tram

traintech1.jpg

4824350694_377513f676_m.jpg

Gallery (such as it is)

I saw this in person when I went to the Texas State Railroad's Railfest. I have no idea what they call it, or even what it is, but I'm calling it a tram. They were running it back and forth on their wye, giving children rides for a small fee while everyone waited for the big engine to depart. The real thing will carry the driver and three passengers, though my model doesn't quite do that.

A picture of the real thing can be found HERE

--Tony

Aw that's cute ! :sweet:

Great work there 'SavaTheAggie' - I might make something similar in yellow - I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Aw that's cute ! :sweet:

Great work there 'SavaTheAggie' - I might make something similar in yellow - I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks! I was thinking of the different TSRR equipment the other day, and the thought of building this started off as a joke that became more and more like a good idea. I wasn't going to keep it after taking pictures of it, but I've decided to hang on to it.

--Tony

I have no idea what they call it, or even what it is, but I'm calling it a tram. They were running it back and forth on their wye, giving children rides for a small fee while everyone waited for the big engine to depart. The real thing will carry the driver and three passengers, though my model doesn't quite do that.

Hi,

i think you mean a "Draisine" (german), http://www.ef-wetterau.de/ says "railcar". Click "DDS".

Leergut

Hi,

i think you mean a "Draisine" (german), http://www.ef-wetterau.de/ says "railcar". Click "DDS".

Leergut

yes they are called rail cars, used for maintenance. there are clubs in the USA that own those and take trips on old abandoned rail lines.

great build :)