Superkalle

Minifg collectors series 2 pics and barcodes

@Slyowl:

the link you send gives different barcodes for the figures than the picture you posted. One of the first list posted does agree with the picture you posted though.

Gaetano

So... where is series three? We saw both series one and two before the first one came out, and now series two is coming out and we haven't seen series three...

I need to give that Mexican a gun. It's unfair that the 'tribal hunter' gets a bow and arrow and the cowboy gets two guns, but all the Mexican gets is a couple of maraccas.

the link you send gives different barcodes for the figures than the picture you posted. One of the first list posted does agree with the picture you posted though.

Looks like they've updated their barcodes too, since I did mine. They seem to be roughly the same (main difference being the widths of the thicker bars, although they are still recognisably the same).

There is a mistake on Disco Stu, though - from right to left, there are 4 thick bars at the beginning, whereas bricks.inof have merged two of these together.

So... where is series three? We saw both series one and two before the first one came out, and now series two is coming out and we haven't seen series three...

Series 1 and 2 were revealed the same way as other summer sets, so I guess Series 3 will be shown/announced around the same time as other sets are. That would be around September/October and January/February.

Thanks for the pics, all I can do now is pray they actually show up in targets and walmarts as promised.

Thanks for the pics, all I can do now is pray they actually show up in targets and walmarts as promised.

Yeah, we can only hope this happens. I'm nervous that we'll see a repeat of Series 1 except worse since people are so frenzied about getting them now that we know they are so limited. I expect more hoarding than before. Hopefully a wider distribution will keep that from happening.

Maybe even easier for iPhone users:

0673419146838 Pink girl with Mic

0673419146876 Judoka

0673419146807 Vampire

0673419146791 Pharao

0673419147088 Mexican

0673419147071 Law Inforcement

0673419147101 Body Builder

0673419146814 Roman Soldier

0673419146845 Man with whip

0673419146852 Baywatch girl

0673419146821 Showbizz guy

0673419147064 Mime player

0673419146883 Surf guy

0673419146890 Witch

0673419146869 Adventurer

For use with barcode scanner app

Update:

0673419147095 Skier

Added them to www.upcdatabase.com

Looks like they've updated their barcodes too, since I did mine. They seem to be roughly the same (main difference being the widths of the thicker bars, although they are still recognisably the same).

There is a mistake on Disco Stu, though - from right to left, there are 4 thick bars at the beginning, whereas bricks.inof have merged two of these together.

I guess we'd better base ourselves on the barcodes that are on the pictures in the first post instead of a general list. (or check if they do are identical.)

On a side note, the 'ancient warrior' seems to be often referred to as a 'Roman (soldier)'. Instead of just complaining about it, I wanted to point out that in theory you are correct. Around the 4th century BC, the hoplite armour and tactics were used by the Romans aswell. But this isn't the standard image of the Roman soldier (or legionary), yet it is spot on for the standard Spartan hoplite around that time. They wore red markings and capes, supposedly to not show blood when they were wounded. Therefore, and because of the obvious '300' reference, refer to them as Spartans :thumbup::grin:

Belgian stores should receive them on 29/06 although they probaply won't be put out until the official release date which is the 2nd of August. (Monday)

Good luck to all on this hunt. :classic:

Gaetano

Is it sad that I am really excited for these to come into stores. I feel like a kid at christmas again. I keeping calling into my local toyshop at least once a week and having a quick nosey around. Do they not have a specific release date?

I wonder if it's me or if anyone else noticed the snake staff on the Pharoah. When I've seen promo pics, the staff has a nice gold, metallic sheen to it...like the Pharoah's head-dress, but seeing the staff here, it looks like a dull, gold plastic. Anyone else notice that?

OK, I got a full set, and here are all the extras:

Microphone, trophy, maracca, binoculars, ski pole, handcuffs.

4835537970_8b3a807ff3.jpg

My Flickr

I just love the trophy, good thing that there are two with each karate kid, that will hopefully keep the BL price low...

EDIT: Managed to link to my pic.

Edited by Skafte

I wonder if it's me or if anyone else noticed the snake staff on the Pharoah. When I've seen promo pics, the staff has a nice gold, metallic sheen to it...like the Pharoah's head-dress, but seeing the staff here, it looks like a dull, gold plastic. Anyone else notice that?

The promo pics may contain prototype pieces that are spray painted, which would look different in production since they are moulded in pearl gold ABS.

I'm apparently not a senior user enough to upload pics, but I've got one here:

Nobody gets a large upload allowance, the normal way people add pictures is to deep link to pics hosted elsewhere like flickr or brickshelf. Consider the alternative, for every Mb set asside for each of 10000+ members, the server needs an extra 10 gig, and a lot more bandwidth. Both cost real money, yet other services already provide it for free.

Edited by peterab

Stefaan on the BeLUG forum had a link to someone who already bought a box and revealed its contents:

box composition

One box of 60 minifigures series 2 contains:

3 Spartans

3 Pharaohs

3 Adventurers

3 skiers

3 Surfers

3 Disco Stus

3 Singers

4 Mimes

4 Mexicans

4 'Baywatch' babes

4 Vampires

4 Weightlifters

4 Witches

5 Martials arts men

5 Ringmasters

5 Traffic cops

Well, there certainly won't be a lack of minifigure trophies now. :classic:

Gaetano

One box of 60 minifigures series 2 contains:

3 Spartans

3 Pharaohs

3 Adventurers

3 skiers

3 Surfers

3 Disco Stus

3 Singers

4 Mimes

4 Mexicans

4 'Baywatch' babes

4 Vampires

4 Weightlifters

4 Witches

5 Martials arts men

5 Ringmasters

5 Traffic cops

I just bought a box, and I can confirm this composition.

Great, the Spartans are coming three to a box. Not that we didn't see that coming! But still, disappointing.

The Greek soldier's shield looks really interesting - it appears that a standard 2x2 stud circular brick would fit on it. Can anyone confirm this? (hmm... maybe we can swap around our own colours/prints on the shield boss...)

Also - would anyone be able to show a pic of the back of the shield so I can see the handle?

Thanks

Any sightings of the box being online for sale? Or in the wild in the UK?

I would like a box, but budget restrictions might demand a re-think.

Can't wait for them to hit Canada's stores. Need to get a second job to pay for this Lego. :classic:

Peppermint_M, are you planning to do another set of vignettes like the ones you did with series 1?

I hope too. Still trying to track down a box at the moment. Hopefully these ones will be a little better, I have sorted my lego out for easy access :thumbup:

The Greek soldier's shield looks really interesting - it appears that a standard 2x2 stud circular brick would fit on it. Can anyone confirm this? (hmm... maybe we can swap around our own colours/prints on the shield boss...)

Also - would anyone be able to show a pic of the back of the shield so I can see the handle?

Thanks

Yes, I can confirm that a 2x2 stud circular brick fits on the shield.

spartan_color_shield.jpg

Also included a pic of the back of the shield (sorry for the blurry photo, my phone camera just wouldn't focus on the shield).

spartan_back_shield.jpg

Edited by Cecilie

Any sightings of the box being online for sale? Or in the wild in the UK?

I would like a box, but budget restrictions might demand a re-think.

A scalper in essex is selling them for a fiver each. Rip off but maybe an indicater that they have reached here. Might go and have a quick look in tru today.

Thanks for the picture of the Spartan. I think a 2*2 dish would be great on the shield since it has several printed designs.

The second series has hit FUN stores here in Belgium but all the Spartans have been taken out by early visitors :sad:

Gaetano