Superkalle

Minifg collectors series 2 pics and barcodes

Thank You Kalle and Ras! *Bows down to the masters*

This series looks so awesome!!! I do want them all. Not something that I could eagerly say about all of Series one.

The mime the mime the mime! *Happy Dance

Wow, now my want for series 2 has become a need! Although, I was talking to one of the workers in Toyworld Balcatta and they told me, that due to a "global shortage", there would only be 1 box per store, no exceptions :cry_sad:

The lifeguard looks a little weird to me. yellow doesn't match and the boobs seem overly forced.

The roman though is nice. So is the martial arts guy.

the disco guy is awesome. Must find him.

Since both me and Superkalle is living in Sweden, and Sweden my friends is located in?? Anyone??

Correct, in Europe! These are the European barcodes.

@ JammieD: You are no trouble maker, I just wanted to tease you a little :wink:

Since I wasn´t around when the box was opened, I have no idea of how many figs there is in one box.

But I would guess it is 60 in each.

Since I wasn´t around when the box was opened, I have no idea of how many figs there is in one box.

But I would guess it is 60 in each.

They mean how many of each fig. Series 1 seemed to have a set distribution, with every box containing five ninjas, three clowns, etc. If it's too late for you to count, don't sweat it, we'll find out eventually.

Since both me and Superkalle is living in Sweden, and Sweden my friends is located in?? Anyone??

Correct, in Europe! These are the European barcodes.

Oh come on, everybody in the US. knows that Europe is a country of its own! :tongue:

Sorry, just had to take this jab. I know the majority of Americans are more educated than Kelly Pickler (fortunately). :laugh:

I really like this series but it doesn't have any obvious town army builders for me. From the first series I collected cheerleaders, nurses, ninja and forestmen, and a couple of each of the others. This series I can see just wanting one or two of each. The lion tamer and the vampire have nice torso's, as do the singer and DJ but there are none that scream to me I need six of these. The cop is close but what town builder needs more police?

And I expect once again the kids will not get any because the power sellers will snap them up in the first hour like set #1 and sell them on ebay at twice the price. :hmpf_bad:

I'm not sure what the problem is, the current price on bricklink is only just higher than the RRP in most of the world for the popular ones. I can get the less popular ones cheeper than I could at retail. The US has it way better than most of the world most of the time. That price difference creates the incentive to sell on ebay, but I'm sure you don't want your Lego prices to rise to the same level as the rest of the world because you would end up paying close to double a lot of the time.

I have to agree with you peterab. Im not much of an army builder but the one that I would if I had the money to would definitely be the Roman Soldier just because he pretty generic and well he's supposed to be in an army.

@ Dunjohn: I see what you mean. I don´t know about that yet.

Either Superkalle will come back to us about this, or I will tomorrow.

If no one else beats us to it.

As some others have said, there are a few more unique figures I'd want to collect this time around, but not in large quantities. The mime, singer, skiier, strongman, mariachi, lifeguard, karate guy and possibly the DJ are on my hitlist.

Loving Series Two! Not really any I don't want. I'm going to try my best to get them all. Shame I only have four from the first wave. Now I want the complete first wave to go with the second. :sad: That means twelve more to go. :sceptic: Thanks Ras and Superkalle!

Best regards,

JCC

It are the moments like this, that make me a proud inhabitant of the Netherlands, and so Europe :laugh:

Great photos guys! Nice to see these all close-up! I'll certainly want multiple Spartans, though I'd feel guilty taking more than two from a box at one time. Hopefully I'll have a half-dozen or so from visits to various stores at various times - maybe more if they are as well stocked as series 1 is here. I think really I want one each of all the others, and probably an extra egyptian, pop star (face, hair) and surf dude (face, hair, shorts).

I just hope they don't decide to stock less of these Series 2 minifigs here in Ireland just because there are a lot of Series 1 still available everywhere. I'm actually worried now that they aren't selling well enough. Either that or Argos have some mysterious portal in their back stockroom that the boxes keep getting replenished from. Actually Argos is a bit like that anyway, but nevertheless...! Smyths Toys have crazy amounts of them too, though their supply (not at checkouts but on a counter of trading cards, little toys, etc) does always seem to be fairly ransacked, so I am guessing they are restocking and it isn't just the same ones out each time I visit.

Can't wait to get my hands one those! I want them allllll!!!

Yeah series 2, for me at least, is more interesting then series 1 (only bought the clown and spaceman). But now I need to get them all, incl series 1, to have a complete collection.

I have a few concerns over this series of figs:

The hands on the strongman & Mexican appear to be slightly transparent

The surfers hair has a line around it & the printing on his shorts is off

The karate fig has the same hair as the vampire which makes him look as though he has a receding hairline!

The lifeguards torso should have been yellow with red printing all around, the yellow printing over the red appears to have turned it greenish

The witch just looks awful!

I'll get a full set but not sure I'll be rushing out to buy many extras of the ones I want like I did in series 1 if the quality is as poor as in the pictures

<sigh>

So the scramble for series 2 begins. After the chaos of series 1 I was hoping for a little more time to get my breath back.....

Let;s just hope that LEGO (and the retailers) have learned their lesson from the first time round and that there's enough for everybody this time.

Dr. D.

Oh come on, everybody in the US. knows that Europe is a country of its own! :tongue:

Sorry, just had to take this jab. I know the majority of Americans are more educated than Kelly Pickler (fortunately). :laugh:

the sad truth is, celebs act dumb to attract more viewers. this in turn set them up as idols to the younger generations. if acting dumb will make you rich and famous, well then, that ain't so bad, ain't it, dolly? therefore setting up a trend where the nation grows dumber and dumber. and everyone strives to be dumber than the next in order to appear on tv. kinda like the movie, idiocracy. :laugh: dumb and pretty...yup that's the future nation you're staring at! :laugh: