whung

10214: Tower Bridge

What makes you think that the photo was legally acquired in the first place?

Well, I don't see any Copyright or "CONFIDENTIAL -- Property of The Lego Group" on the image. If TLG has internal "spies" amongst their employees, that's their problem.

Removing a photo is hardly jacking around, especially when the photo is low res and doesn't show much in the way of details.

What I don't accept is total silence by TLG. I asked Svelte (not you, gotoAndLego) WHY The Lego Group asked for the images to be removed. If Svelte cannot answer (due to some sort of Confidentiality Agreement), can't he speak for himself? Here we are 3 months from the release date, and still no real clue about what the set will look like. In the Technic theme, TLG releases images 5 months ahead of the release date.

Again I ask, what is it about THIS SET that basic images can't be shown? Svelte, could you reply?

Hi dluders, sorry not to reply earlier! I only just stopped into this thread again.

The LEGO Community Relations Officer sent a message to a member of our staff a few days ago asking that the images of these two sets be removed.

No specific reason was given, however in the past sometimes they have asked us to take down images that were not marked Prelim/ Confidential on the basis that a new Exclusive will be officially unveiled at an upcoming Event (this is what happened with the Emerald Night and Carousel last year).

The policy at Eurobricks is not to post images marked Prelim/ Confidential and post everything else, but if LEGO asks us to take down a specific image we will do so. We do this as a matter of courtesy.

To be honest, by the time they get round to asking us the horse has bolted and the pics are usually at flickr or brickset (at the time of posting, these images are still up at brickset although Huw is often subject to takedown emails too).

Lego Exclusives are often not revealed (or not supposed to be revealed) up until the last minute. From memory we only saw pics of the Grand Emporium in February and the set was released in March. These Exclusives are outside the normal retail channels (unlike Technic sets, or ordinary product lines) so LEGO has no need to release pics or otherwise advertise the sets until it suits them to do so. This is just my conjecture but I imagine LEGO's PR department likes to maintain as strict control as they can over these set images so they make the maximum impact when they are officially released. PR departments are like that! default_blink.gif

fugazi and gotoAndLego, there is nothing to suggest these pics have been improperly leaked or 'stolen'. If they had been, they would have been marked with the Prelim/ Confidential stamp.

You are still 100% free to discuss these pics in this thread in as much detail as you like - all we ask is that you do not re-post images which, by now, you could easily find elsewhere. At some point in the future I imagine LEGO will provide proper high-res shots and an official press release for us all to enjoy in detail.

Are links to the pictures allowed? If not then you left one in the last page.

Links to external sites are fine - just not pictures in threads here. Thanks!

A picture of the Box taken from amazon japans web site.

10214_box.jpg

fugazi and gotoAndLego, there is nothing to suggest these pics have been improperly leaked or 'stolen'. If they had been, they would have been marked with the Prelim/ Confidential stamp.

You are still 100% free to discuss these pics in this thread in as much detail as you like - all we ask is that you do not re-post images which, by now, you could easily find elsewhere. At some point in the future I imagine LEGO will provide proper high-res shots and an official press release for us all to enjoy in detail.

I never thought they were leaked, and there can be a myriad reasons why TLG would request they be pulled; however, acting like this is somehow jacking AFOLs really shows an unflattering sense of entitlement. We've seen the initial images and we'll get to see the final ones in a little.

On the plus side, despite the price being very dear I get really excited about boxes that contain over 4000 pieces.

Edited by gotoAndLego

And HR picture as well and a 360 view.

Picture links to 2880x1801 version.

10214.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by grogall

Awesome photos, thanks guys!

:oh: That's a lot of tan cheese slopes...

And the bridge does open! :thumbup:

I'm liking this a lot more, but why are the cars so huge? The double decker looks fine, but that taxi is ridiculous. BTW, this is now the 3rd largest retail set ever!!!1 :tongue:

The constructions looks a lot more interesting than from the low-res images. And yeah, that's a lot of tan cheese slopes. Still, I'll stick to minifig-scale (that's expensive enough).

I'm liking this a lot more, but why are the cars so huge? The double decker looks fine, but that taxi is ridiculous. BTW, this is now the 3rd largest retail set ever!!!1 :tongue:

Try making 'em smaller using LEGO parts. :tongue:

Try making 'em smaller using LEGO parts. :tongue:

Let's hit up Polish Guy for his Modulex :tongue:

WOW!!!

I must say, the low-res pictures didnt catch my eye, but these definitely do! :wub:

Any word on price and release date?

I'm not sure about the blue in the model, is that authentic?

I will probably buy two - one to build and one for parts.

I think it's awesome.

Now if only they would offer a Golden Gate Bridge set in dark orange....

Paul Sinasohn

BAYLUG / BAYLTC

Has anyone else noticed the extremely high water level in this set? I'm sure the designers chose to cut a few hundred extra pieces from this already piece-rich set, but the support pillars at the bottom of this model are less than a third of the height of the real ones. That's why this set looks funny to me, because I find that part of the awe of the real thing is its height above the water. In fact, those tall supports make the real thing look balanced, while the Lego one looks top-heavy.

If I don't buy the parts to raise those columns, I suppose I could declare this set documentation of a great London flood :wink:

Thanks for those additional angles and the close up. That high-res. picture really does the set so much more justice - as expected, there is an incredible amount of detail in there that we just could not see from the first pic a while back. I'm very impressed, looks lovely.

Thanks 'legomilk' and 'grogall' for the latest pictures - it is a sweet looking bridge with miniture cars, trucks and ye olde double decker bus ! :grin:

It's cool that you can display it either open or closed !

Does this mean we'll see more miniture vehicles been MOC'ed to fill this bridge ? :grin:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Tan cheese :wub:

It's a dream come true!

Still not loving the set, but at least we get tan cheese :wub:

It's a dream come true!

Still not loving the set, but at least we get tan cheese :wub:

Uh, yeah, ~600 tan cheese per set, if I'm anywhere close in my estimation. lol. That's nuts.

Loving the amount of tan in this! So gorgeous, and the cars and pieces are wonderful. Doubt I'll be able to afford it, and even if I could it'd be a hard choice, but damn if it isn't tempting :wub:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

It's a dream come true!

Firstly and most importantly: I couldn't have said it better myself! default_cry_happy.gif Those tan pieces look great and will really come in handy!

As for the set itself, I still have mixed thoughts. The raising bridge is nice, but the cables still look a bit off to me. Not to mention the mismatched bridge:vehicle scale, but I guess including those vehicles really says "iconic London flair."

I'll use this opportunity to get my hands on some tan cheese slopes. And maybe I'll buy a second copy to build and display if there happens to be a sale down the line.

I'm not sure about the blue in the model, is that authentic?

There is blue alright:

Tower-Bridge.jpg

But I'm not sure if they used the right shade. Maybe if it had a bit more green in it then it would look fine.

BTW, who else noticed the gold and the printed shield! :thumbup:

BUT, it could've used some flag poles.

Edited by prateek

As for the set itself, I still have mixed thoughts. The raising bridge is nice, but the cables still look a bit off to me.

I agree. If I do pick this up I think I will get red of the sky blue, too-thick cabling and end sections and just display the two towers and central bridge.