Sign in to follow this  
AllanSmith

Minifigs with tattoo's

Whoever did those tattoos is really talented, equipped with creative imagination and small and sturdy hands, and of course Pilot Extrafine pens! default_laugh_new.gif Really nice marketing idea. default_thumbup.gif

Edited by KielDaMan

That is a very funny idea for an advert. Bad as! :devil:

These ones are just as cool. So I thought I'd add them in.

Pilot_extrafine1-412x582.jpg

Pilot_extrafine3-412x582.jpg

Pilot_extrafine4-412x582.jpg

Pilot_extrafine5-412x582.jpg

Pilot_extrafine6-412x582.jpg

From Advertising Agency: Grey, Barcelona, Spain

Art Directors: Jose Miguel Tortajada, Oscar Amodia, Dani Páez

Copywriters: Jürgen Krieger, Joan Mas, Luke Sholer

Photographer: Gonzalo Puertas

Illustrators: Diogo Dutra, Malen Feliz

Thanks for sharing the additional pics Cutlass Iz! Those are really great tattoos, seeing them makes me wanna try doing them. If only the Pilot Extrafine pen does print on lego.

Well, even if I don't particoulary like people so heavily tatoo-ed, these are some amazing designs, and those who made them must have really steady hands *oh2*

I wonder about the ink permanence vs MF manipulation, though, with such an extensive and fine painting; they are probably best for exposition only.

Does the guy on the bikes hand look different to anyone? It looks strange.

I think it's because of the hand's position: they tilted (maybe even cut the back 'stick' part) it so that the tatoo is more visibile and it is in an un-natural position for a LEGO minifigure :wink:

I just made some special orders, I'll see to this actually working as I do have experiance in a Tatoo Parlor in Malta!

If this is for real, I'm definitely going to get some! The detailing on those is amazing, and it makes the figures really pop with their own personal attitudes :classic:

Wow that is some amazing detail :thumbup: and the guy on the motorcycle looks like he has a different hand :sceptic:

That is plain insanity! Theres so much fine detail, all crisp lines, every bit of the tattoos are impressive, and I very much give a lot of applaud to that artist :classic:

Those are really awesome. :wub: Such detail! It's crazy. :thumbup:

These are really nice and clever ads, but I don't think the minifigs have really been illustrated. It's more than likely that the ad agency commissioned an illustrator to draw the tats and a photographer to shoot the figs then photoshopped them together. I don't think the ad is literally suggesting the pen is fine enough to draw tattoos on a minifig it's more of a humorous suggestion that 'this pen is damn fine'. Just think how fine the pen would have to be for the level of detail here - why would anyone need a pen so fine?

Of course, I could be wrong.

EDIT: Forgot to mention; The biker's hand has definitely been photoshopped.

Edited by Praiter Yed

Found pictures of minifigs used in an advertising campaign for Pilot Extrafine pens.

Pilot_extrafine21.jpg

click here for 5 more minifigs that have tattoo's

Enjoy :classic:

A friend of mine just sent me the link to this today! LOL! I'm glad I checked first, before posting the pics again.

I think I'd go blind trying to do that kind of detail on a minifig!

I don't want to be Captain Negative today (guess to remember written some pessimism rubbish somewhere else today..) but I am with Praiter Yed. It is photoshopped or printed or whatever. I am not saying the pen is not that thin, I just say that no human being could possibly perform that. But it is amazing anyway! Love it even if I have something against tattoos in real life.

I don't want to be Captain Negative today (guess to remember written some pessimism rubbish somewhere else today..) but I am with Praiter Yed. It is photoshopped or printed or whatever. I am not saying the pen is not that thin, I just say that no human being could possibly perform that. But it is amazing anyway! Love it even if I have something against tattoos in real life.

Well there are those who can write on rice so i imagine it could be possible.

Wow this is REALLY old and the ad agency admitted it was all done in art software (AKA Photoshopped)

Why don't you show us? I just saw this on a blog about 1-2 weeks ago, and someone made a comment about it possibly being done in photoshop, but I didn't see the company say that.

Regardless the minifigs looks awesome, which is what we should really commenting on.

Why don't you show us? I just saw this on a blog about 1-2 weeks ago, and someone made a comment about it possibly being done in photoshop, but I didn't see the company say that.

Regardless the minifigs looks awesome, which is what we should really commenting on.

I also remember seeing these a good year ago or more. But, they are awesome. I'd like to see some full color tats. :sweet: