Bonaparte

10215 Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Here's the official press kit including the official product specs for the latest LEGO® Exclusive, 10215 – Obi Wan’s Jedi Starfighter™. Enjoy!

10215 – Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter™

Ages 14+. 676 pieces.

US $ 99.99 CA $ 129.99 UK £ 94.99 DE 99.99 €

Blast off into The Clone Wars with Obi-Wan’s collector-series Jedi starfighter!

Now, you can build the ultimate LEGO version of Jedi general Obi-Wan Kenobi’s Delta-7 Aethersprite-class Jedi starfighter! Larger and more detailed than any previous Jedi starfighter model, this limited-edition collector vehicle is equipped with twin laser cannons, a full cockpit interior and a wing-mounted R4-P17 astromech droid dome that rotates. With a buildable display stand and plaque, it’s just the thing to pursue bounty hunter Jango Fett across the galaxy or battle swarms of Separatist fighters in space! Measures 9 in (23 cm) high on stand, 18" (47 cm) long and 9" (22 cm) wide when built.

• Ultimate Collector’s Series Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter!

• Equipped with twin laser cannons!

• Features fully detailed cockpit interior!

• The dome of Obi-Wan’s wing mounted R4-P17 astromech droid rotates!

• Includes display stand, plaque and label sheet!

• Model can be detached from display stand!

• Measures 9 in (23 cm) high on stand, 18" (47 cm) long and 9" (22 cm) wide when built!

10215-02.jpg

10215-01.jpg

10215-03.jpg

10215-04.jpg

10215-05.jpg

10215-06.jpg

10215-07.jpg

10215-08.jpg

10215-09.jpg

10215-10.jpg

10215-11.jpg

You can also find a behind the scenes look at the creation of 10215 by looking at this video (NOTE: video will become available at 3pm EST):

Wow this set looks awesome. Also it's the first UCS for a while.

It looks to be sized appropriately for a desk ornament too, which I may use it for if I get it default_laugh2.gif.

The build looks failry nice, some snot techniques and such. Very accurate and movie like.

EDIT: In my haste I did not see the price default_sing.gif, It's getting more expensive every year.

Edited by Skipper 24

Very nice. I like the back. BTW, the video is private, which means I can't watch it. :sadnew:

Weird. I never pictured Cavegod looking like that. I think it would have been cool for Lego to include a similarly sized R2 dome so we could MOC some big OT ships.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Hurrah, lots of high quality photos!

The ship looks really nice. As I said before, it's nice to get another UCS prequel set. The ship looks reasonably detailed, and there are a number of interesting pieces and building techniques. Price not included, my biggest complaint is perhaps that the droid head is about 25% too large. However, it's awesome to get a printed dome piece like that, so I can forgive. Overall, I'm very happy with the set.

It will be nice to get a UCS set once again that does not take up 8 cubic feet of space in my room! :laugh:

What a nice looking model! Seems a little small for a UCS set but it's a great size for the level of detail there.

That said, that price tag is AWFUL. Not a chance I'll buy this unless I can get it on clearance, and even then, ehhh...

Wow, this looks like it will be easy to put a Technic Figure inside with a little rebuilding, I wonder when this set comes out.

Edited by Robo-Knight

I wonder when this set comes out.

Oh, I forgot to add that part (it was also in the press release which I got from LEGO). The set comes available in November 2010. But as it is an exclusive you have to order directly from LEGO (Shop@home).

Looks great, but at that price there is no way I'm going to get it. Maybe if I got hold of the instructions I would be able to build it from the pieces I have :classic:

Edited by Adam the Ant

Well i said it in the rumor topic that i love the set but not the price! :angry:

I will get it of course but for this i will not be buying any non exclusive sets at RRP. I will wait for a deal on everything else! Suck on that TLC! :tongue:

A very unhappy, normally loyal customer! :hmpf_bad:

Well poop. When I saw the low res, tiny little picture earlier I was convinced that I had no interest in this set at all. Now we see it in detail and it is all too clear that TLG has once again found a way to extract yet more of my hard earned cash. Between this, the Shuttle and the new Tower Bridge model it's going to be an expensive xmas for me... :blush:

Thanks for this great news Bonaparte :cry_happy:

Very nice pictures that provide more inside in the design and diffrence between this model and the starfighter system sets.

Still a long wait until its release date in November.

$100 for a 676 piece kit??? :thumbdown:

My thoughts exactly. 69.99, maybe. 79.99 would be pushing it, but is still reasonable for me. 99.99 is just crazy. I'll pass.

It looks like a nice set, shame about the price. TLG is getting really greedy lately. At least the Imperial Shuttle has a good price to parts ratio, this set is over $30 overpriced.

Still, it looks like a nice set. Hopefully it won't sell well and LEGO will put it on clearance, that's the only way I'm picking this up.

I'll probably do as others have said: get the instructions and make it myself for much less.

Edited by Optimus

Thanks 'Bonaparte' for the images :sweet: , yeah.....private video clip..meh ! :wacko:

Two things on seeing better shots, is R4 too big for this set and why the high price tag.....Lucas Tax ?

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

.....Lucas Tax ?

I don't think so as the new UCS shuttle has a realistic price/parts ratio.

After comparing the two models, I do feel the differences are great enough that TLG didn't ape his MOC. Without making the new one significantly larger, there are only so many ways to vary the design. While I like the proportions on CG's MOC more, TLG's model has some great details. Ignoring price, I think its def worth buying.

Hopefully someone from TLG is reading this and they decide to lower the price.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Thanks for the hi-res pics Bonaparte! Now I appreciate the set much better. The JSF really looks to be a pretty good model for display, not too big nor too small, just the right size for a desk display. I see some minor flaws but that can be fixed with a little modding. I must say the rear part is a big improvement from the smaller JSF sets, with lots of details which approximates the look of a real Delta 7. Only drawback is the price... I know I can build it using BL parts for a cheaper price> But I never had a UCS before, so this might be the perfect time to pick-up one and to add to my JSF Collection.

But I never had a UCS before...

Might I recommend 10174. Its extremely cool, and you can still get it inexpensively.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Video doesnt work, pretty much the same pictures on S@H.

Ill get this for sure, but ill wait for a % off, its only exclusive for now, the AT-OT and RBR both came out to shops.

The video works from the S@H link. I quite like the model, it'd be nice to create Jango's Slave 1 in UCS form to go alongside it. However at this price, I'll wait for a sale.

Edited by VMLN8R

The video works from the S@H link. I quite like the model, it'd be nice to create Jango's Slave 1 in UCS form to go alongside it. However at this price, I'll wait for a sale.

Jeez, in the video the guy barely even talked about it! :laugh:

Woah!

I'm glad they kept this quiet and as a surprise.

Sometimes it's nice to get the high quality images than early blurry images.

This looks quite accurate but its just a shame about the price tag.

What would go excellent with this would be a UCS Slave I :cry_happy:

Anyway thanks Bonaparte for the pics.

I just noticed now one major flaw of this one: the color. I know the real color of the real Obi-wan's JSF is between TLG's red and dark red, but they still stuck with the previous dark red color of the system Obi-wan's JSF. IMO, they should have made this one in red to differentiate with Ahsoka's and Kit's dark red JSFs (I know the ref. pics are Delta-7Bs, but it is known that Obi-wan retained the color of his old Delta 7 in his Delta 7B).

4817517034_0af9d75980_z.jpg