cavegod

UCS Tie Experimental M-!

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I chose the Tie experimental m-1 as it was different and the design appealed to me somewhat.

getting the main solar panel to have studs on both sides and still be thin was good fun i was going to use chainsaw blades but then rediscovered the hinges so by flipping one side over i was then able to get a wing with studs on both sides and only 3 plates wide :thumbup:

the uniqueness of the m-1 is that it has two tie cockpits one for the pilot and the other for the turbolaser, i had to get both pods the same weight so that when attached to the wing they where balanced. it is supposed to have 4 ion engines (2 on each pod) but it looked wrong so thats why i opted for the 1 engine on each pod design it seems to work but i may change it in the future. the pink engine glow is my daughters idea :laugh:

photo-0279.jpg

photo-0280.jpg

photo-0281.jpg

photo-0282.jpg

photo-0283.jpg

photo-0284.jpg

photo-0285.jpg

Edited by KimT

I chose the Tie experimental m-1 as it was different and the design appealed to me somewhat.

This sounds great, where can I see pictures?

Did you forget the pictures, or is this a WIP topic?

no i didn't i am just waiting for 2 parts to arrive then i will put pics up :sing:

no i didn't i am just waiting for 2 parts to arrive then i will put pics up default_sing.gif

Can't wait to see your MOC cavegod, I'm pretty sure it will be epic once again.. Though next time I think it would be better if there'll be no teasers like this one, you could just start the topic when you're all ready and set to go. Just my honest opinion. default_classic.gif

LDD?

no sorry no ldd file i find it a pain as half the parts i want to use are not there unless you know otherwise?

I think it would be better if there'll be no teasers like this one

now wheres the fun in that?

how about

it uses 24 of these

4151.gif

LDD?

I find MLCad far superior. That way you don't have any part restrictions based on what LEGO currently has available. Although this sort of freedom can go the other way. I have specified part/color combinations in MOCs that LEGO has never produced, so care does have to be taken.

no sorry no ldd file i find it a pain as half the parts i want to use are not there unless you know otherwise?

now wheres the fun in that?

how about

it uses 24 of these

4151.gif

That's not a tease. It's expected :tongue:

I can't wait to see your take on this unique TIE. I will do my own version after I finish a design for the standard TIE Fighter. Right now I'm in a designing lull.

I find MLCad far superior. That way you don't have any part restrictions based on what LEGO currently has available. Although this sort of freedom can go the other way. I have specified part/color combinations in MOCs that LEGO has never produced, so care does have to be taken.

That's not a tease. It's expected :tongue:

I can't wait to see your take on this unique TIE. I will do my own version after I finish a design for the standard TIE Fighter. Right now I'm in a designing lull.

strangley the blueprint for the normal tie fighter is in the tie xm-1 luckly the 2x4 wedge plates are the perfect angle for the ties wings as they are hexagonal but not all sides are the same length according to the blue prints

sch-tie.jpg

so as tie fighters go the most accurate is retogeigers followed by anio's but his wings are 8 studs to short imo.

anio's but his wings are 8 studs to short imo.

Right.

I built it with bigger wings. But it is ugly. So, I put smaller wings. I think it looks really better in a Lego version, even if it is a bit different from the real ship. Actually, it is my personal touch ! :grin:

Regarding the light grey elements inside the wing (I mean on the side of the cockpit), I didn't put them as I found no legal build to attach them in a nice way. This solution suits me very well since on officials TIEs, these grey elements are also absent.

Edited by Anio

Regarding the light grey elements inside the wing (I mean on the side of the cockpit), I didn't put them as I found no legal build to attach them in a nice way. This solution suits me very well since on officials TIEs, these grey elements are also absent.

please explain which bits you mean?

i've started my next ucs spurred on by your latest moc and i've already got 2 built in my mind and one in the planning :cry_sad: no where to put them all!!

please explain which bits you mean?

The grey elements on the wing, on the left of this photo : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2116703

The way it is attached sucks IMO. So, I prefered not to put them on my MOC.

Moreover, with 1:28 scale, the wing became too thick if I put these grey elements.

Reto's MOC a bigger than mine, so, the wing doesn't look too thick.

Looking forward to see what you come up with this time Cavegod!

Has the 2 pieces arrived yet?

How about now?

Looking forward to see what you come up with this time Cavegod!

Has the 2 pieces arrived yet?

How about now?

no not yet :wacko: strangely the parts i ordered from usa arrived quicker than the 2 i need from germany!

How about a WIP picture to tie us over until the 2 parts arrive from Germany? :)

Well technically it is finished apart from 2 parts :wacko: i may change it slightly yet but it's £3GBP for the 1 part i would need to use! i may post WIP pictures of the moc i am working on at the moment watch this space!

Ok all parts in my possesion it will take me a little while to attach them and then take pictures so watch this space.

Edited by cavegod

First post updated.

Edited by cavegod

First post updated.

Looks really good. You are genious in making UCS-scale Tie-Crafts.

Edited by Balrog

Cavegod, how did you attach the grey elements on the wings ?

edit : your wings make me want to build bigger wings on my TIE. :classic:

Edited by Anio

Cavegod, how did you attach the grey elements on the wings ?

1x2 plate with 1 stud on top.