hhcBrick

MOC: 4554 Train Station

traintech1.jpg

Here's a version of the classic 4554 station in medium blue and white. I've doubled it up and it hinges open to access the waiting room, ticket booths and first floor café (Replacing the control room in the original.)

4802267162_d6c05bd5c6.jpg

4802267830_85c832882b.jpg

4802268492_9355828b13.jpg

4802268826_d32bbd82a9.jpg

4801637761_09c385ec33.jpg

4802269788_b5c1fe8cbb.jpg

4801638847_d0c1cca514.jpg

I don't know the original set, but yours is truly great! It's beautiful, but it's also very spatious - maybe you should add a couple of chairs?

Your station has a beautiful exterior, but lacks an interior since you can open it up - extra seating or a newspaper vendor on the ground floor might fit the bill ! :sweet:

Awesome redesign 'hhcbrick' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Looks very nice in blue and white. Since it opens up, more details for the interior would make it even nicer. :classic:

Wow! Very nice redesign of a classic set! Your choice of colours is great and I especially like the much longer platform, where longer trains can stop! It's also a brilliant idea to create a railway station that you can open up.

Thanks for all your comments. There is one area of empty space in the station, due to the fact I haven't finished the vending area which serves people outdoors and indoors. This will probably turn out similar to the vending bar in the original set. I notice that the title of my post has changed from 'MOD' to 'MOC', which is very flattering, but I don't know if this counts as a 'MOC' as it is a redesign rather than a completely new creation.

Cheers

Alec

Love it. Looks very nice in your colour combination, and definitely like that it is an enclosed model, making it fit with both the play sets and the larger modulars.

My only comment would be to maybe add a couple of drainpipes down the side to hide the hinge block that sticks out.