Sign in to follow this  
benny

MOC: Hong Kong Railway Museum

traintech1.jpg

Hong Kong lego competition 2010 will be carried out from 30/7 to 3/8. The topic is "funny place in Hong Kong".

My topic is Hong Kong Railway Museum, it was the Tai Po Market Train Station before 1984. Nowaday, it is a good place for field visit and photograthy. I am good luck to enter the top 12.

The tope 12 sets (sorry, all information is written in chinese):

http://www.easttouch.com.hk/events/lego/

In my Railway museum, it is in chinese style. I applied my new skill to make the building in chinese style such as fish, bat, flowers on the building roof. four trains are displayed nearby.

left_1b.jpg

front_1_a.jpg

detail_1b.jpg

right_1_c.jpg

real photo:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Superb/HK2010/train1.jpg

train_10.jpg

train_12.jpg

train_4.jpg

train_5.jpg

train_7.jpg

train_8.jpg

Edited by TheBrickster

Wow, great work, man!

It looks great, and I really like the colours - it does seem like a huge city with some colourful details and the usual not-so-colorful sidewalks and walls. :thumbup:

AWESOME MOC 'Benny' - excellent scenery, engines and building too ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! ......really I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Benny: your creation is beautiful, but you need to resize your images. 800x600 is EB's max size.

Thanks! I updated the files into smaller size!

Great work and congratulations Benny! I love the roof details and your locomotives are really well built. Overall the diorama is very well done and you have managed to capture the look of the scene in real-life quite well. Great work and best of luck in the rest of the competition.

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Great work and congratulations Benny! I love the roof details and your locomotives are really well built. Overall the diorama is very well done and you have managed to capture the look of the scene in real-life quite well. Great work and best of luck in the rest of the competition.

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Thanks! I am good luck to enter the top 12. As the other players are the very smart lego players, it ius not ease to enter the top 3. However, i am happy to display my lego train sets to the public.

I updated the files into smaller size!

Thanks Benny. I think your colorful creation deserves some front-page attention! Nice job - I'm loving all the details. :thumbup:

Great MOC. I'm sure you didn't get selected because of luck.

Sorry to say this, but if I can vote, my vote would go to some of the other works. My favorite is #2 黄大仙祠. It reproduces elements of Chinese architecture so well in lego. And the underground bus stop just blows me away. The dragon is very cool too. Overall, all entries are great. I think I'm going to steal some of the techniques used. :classic:

Anyhow, good luck with the contest. 祝你好运!

Edited by lisqr

Great MOC. I'm sure you didn't get selected because of luck.

Sorry to say this, but if I can vote, my vote would go to some of the other works. My favorite is #2 黄大仙祠. It reproduces elements of Chinese architecture so well in lego. And the underground bus stop just blows me away. The dragon is very cool too. Overall, all entries are great. I think I'm going to steal some of the techniques used. :classic:

Anyhow, good luck with the contest. 祝你好运!

Thanks! Actually, i also guess #2 黄大仙祠 may be the 1st winner as it is totally made of the simple parts and "Kingdom style" building----smart outlook. My train museum is known as rural style in natural outlook. It is also small in size on outlook. However, i am happy to enter the top 12 as the competitors outside the top 12 are very smart too!

Another great MOC benny! default_thumbup.gif The whole creation really depicts a very oriental Hong Kong scene. Gotta love that arch, full of great details and very cleverly built. Best of luck in the competition!

Another great MOC benny! default_thumbup.gif The whole creation really depicts a very oriental Hong Kong scene. Gotta love that arch, full of great details and very cleverly built. Best of luck in the competition!

Thanks! My next aim is to make a big size train sation in classic style.

Besides, the Hong Kong lego competition will be the end at the night of 3/8/2010. I will know can i enter the top 3. The prize of no. 1 is 2 people for Denmark legoland , hotel and air-ticket!!! I will tell all of them afterward!

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/bennycfehd/article?mid=3562