Sign in to follow this  
DutchRebel

General Grievous custom minifig

WOW! Love it, it makes the CW Grievous look ... good. *oh2*

Only nitpick is that now it looks tall enough to be a bigfig and not a minifig.

Well, if you pretend that he's the animated CW Grievous, he was pretty much 10 feet (4.3 m if you're a metric...) of solid awesome. So, that's be about right. :tongue:

I like what you did with the legs- I might have to try it myself. I'm not so sure about the arms, though. They stick up too far. If it's for a head-on shot it works, but if you take his cloak off (which is great, by the way), then he's probably going to look a little strange. Still, I'll have to try it to really get my own opinion.

Looks very good DR! A nice MOC.

Can you take a picture of him without the cape as well?

I do see how you done here, but it would also be nice with a pic

of the whole fig dismantleand put out as it is connected.

Great job, and photos otherwise, will have to build it to see how it looks IRL.

Well, if you pretend that he's the animated CW Grievous, he was pretty much 10 feet (4.3 m if you're a metric...) of solid awesome. So, that's be about right. :tongue:

I like what you did with the legs- I might have to try it myself. I'm not so sure about the arms, though. They stick up too far. If it's for a head-on shot it works, but if you take his cloak off (which is great, by the way), then he's probably going to look a little strange. Still, I'll have to try it to really get my own opinion.

Yeah you are right Mr M, the legs are easy to create. The arms are a bit too far from his sholders joints, but because of the cape it's looking quite allright.

Thanks for all your comments, much appreciated!

It doesn't look crap! *huh*

Really though great job!

It looks soooooo much better than the one from the actual set :thumbup:

Great job!

That looks very cool indeed! The best "custom" Grievous fig I have seen to date! He is a little tall for a minifig, but not too much. The cape is good too; I was disappointed the new GG doesn't come with one. Overall, great work!

I've been planning to do something similar with the CW Grievous. The size of Grievous here would look good with my TTfigs, so I'll certainly look at your version for inspiration. :classic:

Nice cape BTW

Gaetano

That's great! The only slight problem is that his second pair of arms are connected to his neck, which would appear very odd if the cape didn't obscure the connection.

He could do with being a little more hunched. Can you provide us with sone instructions please, I really want to try and replicate this!

He could do with being a little more hunched. Can you provide us with sone instructions please, I really want to try and replicate this!

Ha, funny do see this topic get bumped... just put a Bricklink 48729 Bar 1L with Clip Mechanical Claw on the neck of GG, connect the upper arms to this. The Bar is hidden by the cape (self made). The extra arm/leg parts are connected by cut tubes. Sorry u purists ;-)

You are welcome

DR

Awesome minifig; not really too sure if he's too big or just right. Perhaps for this body size the moulded head is too small, but I guess there's no work around for that.

Can you compare all three of the GG minifigs, white...clone wars...and yours? thanks