Sign in to follow this  
DutchRebel

General Grievous custom minifig

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi guys, I build the new GG starfighter the other day. A nice build by the way. I also liked the new Grievous fig, but of course the connection of the additional 2 arms is pretty lame. I tried to fix it and give him some longer legs and his cape as well.

4801955276_c0525fc65a.jpg

More pix on my flickr account

let me know what you think!

BR DR

Edited by KimT

WOW! Love it, it makes the CW Grievous look ... good. *oh2*

Only nitpick is that now it looks tall enough to be a bigfig and not a minifig.

Wow. I am impressed. This is way better than any brick built version :thumbup:

Nicely done, that would be the perfect size for Grievous, thanks for correcting the (usual) flaws made by TLG. Amazing job Dutch Rebel! :thumbup:

DutchRebel, maybe you could take a comparison photo with a regular minifig so we could verify Brickdoctor's claim that GG's taller than what he should be? I'm also curious about that.

Edited by KielDaMan

Nicely done, that would be the perfect size for Grievous, thanks for correcting the (usual) flaws made by TLG. Amazing job Dutch Rebel! :thumbup:

DutchRebel, maybe you could take a comparison photo with a regular minifig so we could verify Brickdoctor's claim that GG's taller than what he should be? I'm also curious about that.

My reference point is the sabers. Each lightsaber blade is 4 studs long, making the lightsaber assembly taller than a minifig. As you can clearly see, Grievous is at least half again as tall as the lightsabers, so he's got to be taller than a 'fig.

My reference point is the sabers. Each lightsaber blade is 4 studs long, making the lightsaber assembly taller than a minifig. As you can clearly see, Grievous is at least half again as tall as the lightsabers, so he's got to be taller than a 'fig.

Yeah I agree, Grievous is supposed to be really tall (2.13meters), but not twice as tall as regular persons (eg. clones = 1.83meters). But I guess DutchRebel has no choice but to compromise the proportion to get the real look of GG right. Anyway you look at it, it still is an impressive build.

WOW! Love it, it makes the CW Grievous look ... good. *oh2*

GG is 2.16 mtrs tall, so I'm not saying the proportions are exactly right, but it's in scale with normal figs

Nice visual. :sweet:

Would you be willing to share how you did it?

Hey Daniel's dad, I will make a pic of the construction tomorrow.

Kieldaman, I will make a pic tomorrow duelling with Obi

Whoa that looks awesome.

Do you mind if I use the design.

Please feel free to do so, no problem

Yeah I agree, Grievous is supposed to be really tall (2.13meters), but not twice as tall as regular persons (eg. clones = 1.83meters). But I guess DutchRebel has no choice but to compromise the proportion to get the real look of GG right. Anyway you look at it, it still is an impressive build.

You are absolutely right!

That looks so awesome! Good job....and does that cape have a 'leathery' texture to it!!? :oh: Is it included in the set? because i love that too!

That looks so awesome! Good job....and does that cape have a 'leathery' texture to it!!? :oh: Is it included in the set? because i love that too!

thanx Cloney, the cape is made out of a grey sticker (decal) stuck to reddish/brown fabric. De GG logo is made of black sticker material. Unfortunately for you ;-) the cape is handmade and was not part of the set.

This is the GG that TLG should have sent us. Simple mods, but it makes a huge differance.

GG is 2.16 mtrs tall, so I'm not saying the proportions are exactly right, but it's in scale with normal figs

Okay. Looking forward to the minifig comparison shot.

wow that looks awesome but id like to see it next to a fig to see the size

great job

Hi guys, couple of you asked for a pic of GG duelling Obi, for reference. At your service!

And maybe a shot without the cloak to see how you did the arms? Please Please..... :grin:

The arms are two of these 30377.gif, they are used for the upperlegs as well. All 4 are connected with pieces of grey hose 5102-1.gif to GG's original arms and legs. The additional arms are connected to his neck by one of these 48729.gif

4815507459_a50715cc7a.jpg

That looks like a really good scale. :classic: Grieveous is actually really tall, so this looks like a perfect scale. Great, great work! Easily the best Grievous I've seen done in Lego. :thumbup:

Edited by darthperson

Hi guys, couple of you asked for a pic of GG duelling Obi, for reference. At your service!

4815507459_a50715cc7a.jpg

DR

Now that's totally cool! I'm now convinced that your GG is just about the right size relative to Obi. GG really looks menacing in that fighting stance coupled with his massive height.

Great job once again DR!

The arms are two of these 30377.gif, they are used for the upperlegs as well. All 4 are connected with pieces of grey hose 5102-1.gif to GG's original arms and legs. The additional arms are connected to his neck by one of these 48729.gif

Thank you!

*huh*

He looks...perfect. I guess I always thought the Grievous in the new set was larger than he really was. :blush:

This truly is the best Grievous design I have yet seen. Excellent work!

This makes me want to buy the CW Grievous after hating him since I first saw him. :blush:

Again, ingenious work! :thumbup:

The new Grievous is excellent, but your MOD's take it to the next few levels up - BEYOND AWESOME ! :grin:

Correct scale to a standard minifig Jedi - excellent redesigning there 'DutchRebel' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet: