Sign in to follow this  
Commodore Hornbricker

Voting Tournament of Retribution Voting

My votes are:

2 points: 2. ToR II Bluecoat Entry - "A Tortured Prisoner" by Burman

2 points: 13. ToR II Redcoat Entry - "The Secret Weapon" by Skalldyr

2 points: 18. ToR II Redcoat Entry - "Helen of Toy" by ZCerberus

1 point: 17. ToR II Redcoat Entry - "Death of the Bluecoat High Command....." by General Redwater

Nice entries guys, great job!

:jollyroger:

3 points to Fugazi

2 points to Cpt. Thomas Foolery

2 points to Oky Wan Kenobi

20. ToR II Bluecoat Entry - "The Red Lympics..." by Captain Blue Hair 1 point

13. ToR II Redcoat Entry - "The Secret Weapon" by Skalldyr 1 point

10. ToR II Redcoat Entry - "Capt. Thomas Foolery's Scintillatingly Scurvy History of the Coats" by Capt. Thomas Foolery 1 point

9. ToR II Bluecoat Entry - "The Hanging of Captain Blue Hair (or Maybe Not)" by the Inventor 2 points

7. ToR II Bluecoat Entry - "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" by Fugazi 2 points

- 14."The Adventures of the Blue Avenger!" by Oky Wan Kenobi. 4 votes

- 20. ToR II Bluecoat Entry - "The Red Lympics..." by Captain Blue Hair. 3 votes

Quite an entertaining assortment of comics - it's hard to chose who to award points to.

10. "Scintillatingly Scurvy History of the Coats" by Capt. Thomas Foolery - 2 points

I loved the production values. A lot of extra effort must have went into removing the backgrounds and the parchment was a nice touch. I've seen that parchment stock image somewhere before - where can it be downloaded form? I want it!

7. "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" by Fugazi - 1 point

The ironic twist was very clever!

8. "Admiral Croissant and the mousetrap" by Admiral Croissant - 1 point

Croissant by name croissant by baiting nature. :pir_laugh2:

I'm sure this comic is a parable about greed... Well there's definitely a lesson to be learnt from it!

9. "The Red Lympics..." by Captain Blue Hair - 1 point

Captain Blue Hair's entry stands out because of his use of crazy humour with gore or toilet jokes. Only he could find a way to use a steam train in an Imperial comic and the crab wearing the bicorne was a great touch.

14. "The Adventures of the Blue Avenger!" by Oky Wan Kenobi - 1 point

Taking the classic caped crusader approach - reminded me of Zorro from the older movies. The kneeling on one knee effect was great and there were a few other nice touches like the motion blur on the cape and star when his foot hit the ground.

18. "Helen of Toy" by ZCerberus - 1 point

ZCerberus's impressive MOCing skills extend even in to his comics. Great to see new Imperial marterial from the master!

---------------------------------------------------

Blast! I've used up all my votes. Ah well. Gues that will have to do.

2 points to #2 "A Tortured Prisoner" by Burman

1 point to #10 "Capt. Thomas Foolery's Scintillatingly Scurvy History of the Coats" by Capt. Thomas Foolery

1 point to #11 "A Whale of a Tale" by mcfarlandman

2 points to #18 "Helen of Toy" by ZCeberus

1 point to #20 "The Red Lympics" by Captain Blue Hair

5 points to "The Red Lympics" by Captain Blue Hair

2 points to "Admiral Croissant and the Mousetrap" by Admiral Croissant

4 Fugazi

1 kingofthezempk

1 Inventor

1 oky wan kenobi

If I misspelt any names, please still count it, I'm on my phone.

This was far more difficult than I had expected. So many of the entries were outstanding and I wish we had more points to distribute. I ended up voting for those entries (Red or Blue) that made me laugh the most with their absurdity or impressed me with their writing.

1 Point - KingoftheZempk: Monty Pythonesque fish-slapping?!? Got to love that! Plus, anything that belittles Jar Jar Binks is great in my book.

1 Point - Brig. Brick: I found the writing very clever. In particular, I like how he worked the differences in plastic into the entry.

1 Point - Fugazi: Just a very funny entry with great layout and production. Very impressive.

1 Point - Skalldyr: The dialogue gave me a good laugh and it was right up my alley in terms of silliness and absurdity.

1 Point - Oky Wan Kenobi: Loved the idea of a vigilante superhero Coat. Great feel to the whole entry and very clever usage of elements (particularly the red bush blowing up a head).

1 Point - ZCerberus: The whole Helen of Toy idea was very clever and well written. Love to see literary references sneak into here.

1 Point - Captain Blue Hair: Thought the idea of a Redlympics was very clever and enjoyed all the silly dialogue.

Wow, is that seven points already? I really wish there were more as there were at least a half dozen more entries I wanted to vote for too.

Best of luck and may the best Coats win (obviously, Red Coats).

Fair winds and following seas, lads.

Sorry I am late in voting. I vote for Burman- 7 Points. I saw the early ideas for this entry and then saw it evolve. There were several entries I wanted to vote for but I would have needed thirty points for that.

I'm really sorry for the late vote.....but I had much to do for university :pir_wacko: . my votes are:

1 point -- #3

1 point -- #4

1 point -- #10

1 point -- #18

1 point -- #19

1 point -- #20

1 point -- #21

My votes are:

The Inventor 2

mcfarlandman 2

Skalldyr 3

Voting is now closed!

Based on my calculations, our Tournament top 5 Finalists from each side are:

For the Redcoats: 135 votes

Capt. Thomas Foolery - 43 votes

ZCerberus - 34 votes

Skalldyr - 14 votes

mcfarlandman - 13 votes

General Redwater - 12 votes

For the Bluecoats: 129 votes

Captain Blue Hair - 35 votes

Fugazi - 27 votes

Oky Wan Kenobi - 19 votes

Admiral Croissant - 15 votes

The Inventor - 13 votes

Finalists, the Final Round is now open and you're in it. You have until August 5th to post your new comic. Best of Luck!

With the Redcoats receiving the most votes and the top round 1 vote getter, I'd have to say the Redcoats have a slight advantage heading into the final round! Thanks for all the fantastic entries from everyone. Congratulations to our finalists! If you missed out on the final round or you didn't have a chance to sign up to begin with, don't worry, we are going to announce some special prizes you could still compete for in the final round.

Edited by Commodore Hornbricker

Yay! :pir-cry_happy: Bring on round 2! Can't wait for more comics!

Oh and Redcoats, first round was just practice, we won't let you get away with more votes than us this time!

It's great to be in the final round. Thanks for voting on me! (for the ones that did) :pir-classic:

Well, let's get brainstorming again then, about a funny way to humiliate the red enemy :pir-sweet:

Oh wow, I didn't even expect to get this far! Thanks guys! :pir-sweet: Now I have to think of a new comic...

Prepare for the Return of the Blue Avenger! :pir-devil:

Oh wow, that was close! Well, but now it's good to keep this vote lead :thumbup: and the Blue Coats blow away .... HAHA

We will crush you .. HAHA :pirate_skel1:

:pir-sad: <------- :cannon:

Bluecoat

Oh and thank you to everyone who has chosen me!

Edited by Skalldyr

I made it! Thank you to all that voted for me, I am truly grateful. :pir-sweet: I promise to represent the redcoats to the best of my ability, and to slaughter the Bluecoats.

:pir-sad: <------- :cannon:

Bluecoat

:pir-laugh:

-

General Redwater