grohl

Grohl's Creations

On 1/30/2017 at 5:38 AM, grohl said:

The reason might be that I first touched the set two weeks ago. We all have our tasks to do and this was built during two evening sessions in my free time.

You're more creative C Models (birds, dragons, this hover craft) are a much better marketing tool for selling sets if they were used as the B Model in my opinion.  I bought the bird/helicopter set for parts and never built the A model but I'll be building a bird now.  The ultralight helicopter wasn't interesting to me either but I'm really liking the hovercraft!    Nice work.

Posted (edited)

I love the 42093 as a parts pack and that is the reason why I already made 3 alternate builds from it. The Formula and the Pickup Truck already have video instructions made. The latest one - Le Mans Racer is so far my favourite.

https://youtu.be/qm4tMfbYaco

Racing Pickup - LEGO Technic 42093 C Model

Edited by grohl

Posted (edited)

Let Man's racer is very cool :thumbup:

I think you can put even ordinary V6 or V4 LEGO fake engine inside...

Edited by I_Igor

42093 is like the 42039 in a smaller scale: it's gonna be another king of alternate models.

1 hour ago, grohl said:

I love the 42093 as a parts pack and that is the reason why I already made 3 alternate builds from it. The Formula and the Pickup Truck already have video instructions made. The latest one - Le Mans Racer is so far my favourite.

Same here. Your Pickup Truck was actually the main reason for me to order my first 42093 set, I since then heavily modified and motorized it, though I still haven't found an ideal solution for the gearing. I also created a mod/MOC based on the 42093, but couldn't do it w/o some extra parts. Hence I really admire that you could create all these 42093 mods with the parts available in the set.

And the Le Mans Racer is indeed awesome. I think I now have another reason to order my 4th 42093! :sweet:

Thank you guys. @johnym I like your muscle car a lot.

Here is the instructions video for the Le Mans Racer.

Great C-D-E (etc... :sweet:) models, as usually! I like how the rear wing looks like: a huge downforce is in action, ughhh!

Thank you very much for the instructions! Because of them I bought this set. Your alternative creations make sets much more interesting. Keep up your great work!

9 hours ago, grohl said:

Thank you guys. @johnym I like your muscle car a lot.

Thank you! Glad you liked it. :classic: I now also have a digital version of it, if you wanna give a build a try. But don't expect too much technique, I started all this technic building just around spring of this year.

9 hours ago, grohl said:

Here is the instructions video for the Le Mans Racer.

Much obliged! Looks, like there is plenty of room available for motors - I like that! :sweet: I now only need to wait for a 42093 available for modding.

Posted (edited)
On 7/30/2019 at 10:42 AM, grohl said:

https://youtu.be/qm4tMfbYaco

I was in doubt if this set would be to my liking, but after seeing this E model, i decided to buy at first sight :D.

Congrats, the C/D/E really looks awesome.

Edit: i dont know how i missed you on youtube :D subscribed to your channel

Edited by Clawp

Posted (edited)

To tell you the truth i've always skipped this set when i was looking at the standard model, but after ive saw what Grohl has made with it, i think im going to buy it since its actually one of cheap sets.

Edited by Valkyx

Thank you so much.

I forgot to post this video last week. The instructions will be made after I come back from my Summer vacation in a week and a half.