The transport truck reminds me of a tatra 6x6. The monster truck is really great, but maybe the engine gear is a bit low? I saw the elephant on youtube and its really unique and cute! Keep these models coming!

Point for Zblj and big thanks to all.

Yes, my MOC was inspired by Tatra 813 and Transporta P40 trailer. In the picture you can see only the 4x4 version but I was unable to find the blue one with the correct trailer.

T814-1.jpg

Kinetic horse sculpture

This not a new MOC, but some of you might not know it and it definitely deserved a better video and pictures. I have built this more than three years ago and improved only some minor things over the years, because the walking model of the horse worked flawlessly from the very beginning. The horse is inspired by Theo Jansen's kinetic sculptures. A few months after I built this there was also one Creation using kinetic horse, but I forgot the link. Anyway this probably was the FIRST one.

ahorse01.jpg

ahorse06.jpg

ahorse07.jpg

A lot of your models have this "Organic" quality, which I really like. This one is surely no exception. The walking horse looks really good, and the moving head is nice detail :thumbup:

Kinetic horse sculpture

This not a new MOC, but some of you might not know it and it definitely deserved a better video and pictures. I have built this more than three years ago and improved only some minor things over the years, because the walking model of the horse worked flawlessly from the very beginning. The horse is inspired by Theo Jansen's kinetic sculptures.

You are fast becoming my favourite builder! I really like this model.

I think I'm going to try to reproduce it for my kids - my daughter would absolutely love it. How well do you think it would work with an m-motor?

Kinetic horse sculpture

This not a new MOC, but some of you might not know it and it definitely deserved a better video and pictures. I have built this more than three years ago and improved only some minor things over the years, because the walking model of the horse worked flawlessly from the very beginning. The horse is inspired by Theo Jansen's kinetic sculptures. A few months after I built this there was also one Creation using kinetic horse, but I forgot the link. Anyway this probably was the FIRST one.

This is possibly one of the least efficient uses of a motor in a wheeled vehicle, but it looks so cool! :wub:

Edited by grepin

You are fast becoming my favourite builder! I really like this model.

I think I'm going to try to reproduce it for my kids - my daughter would absolutely love it. How well do you think it would work with an m-motor?

M motor should be fine, I think you can put there an 8-tooth gear except the 24, since the M-motor is much slower

This is possibly one of the least efficient uses of a motor in a wheeled vehicle, but it looks so cool! :wub:

Thank god this is legged and not wheeled, but thank you for your praise.

Hi,

Very nicely done.

I wish a LDD was available to make reproduction easier :)

Thanks,

Noam

I never did anything in LDD, but when I have time, I will make photo instructions.

HEAVY DUTY TOW TRUCK

An alternative model of 8052 Container truck with working steering, towing arm, outriggers, opening doors and bonnet and tilting towing fixture. Video to come soon.

tow96.jpg

tow94.jpg

tow04.jpg

tow07.jpg

tow02.jpg

tow95.jpg

tow09.jpg

Nice locking outrigger sytem (borrowed from 8258, huh) thought i think they would be more logicaly placed on back. Looks powerfull! Try LDD its not so hard.

OMG !

What a terrific One set MOC ! :O

It has great functions and awesome design !

Building a One set MOC is not easy. But building a One set MOC which is far better than the official B-model is truly very tough !

Frontpage required ! :o

Kudos, Grohl !

At Last!! A decent alternative to the official "B" model. Thanks Grohl!!, Your next task is to make some instructions for us mere mortals!! :classic:

The horse and the tow truck are both great creations! :thumbup:

Well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Grohl, how is the light bluish gray brick 2x2 round attached ?

Hum...

When I look at that pic, there is something I do not understand :

tow02.jpg

The bent black liftarm is 1 stud wide. How can an axis/pin go through the brick 2x2 ?

Wow!

Tow truck makes me want to buy the set!

Only a true lego master can make good models out of one set.

Great job really!

Hum...

When I look at that pic, there is something I do not understand :

The bent black liftarm is 1 stud wide. How can an axis/pin go through the brick 2x2 ?

By this http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4274

It is next to the blue friction bin with axle on the pic at the end of the blue bent liftarm.

Thank you for your kind words. I tried my best and I was fortunately able to beat the number of the functions. My model has got 6 whereas the original 8052 has got 5. The sturdiness of this model is a bit improved compared to the original model. And as anything it also has some weak points.

Connecting the air filters is definitely one of them, but there was no other way how to do it and I really wanted them on the model. The other one is the bonnet. If you look at the place where it is attached to the grille, it can rotate when you open it.

Edited by grohl

On Monday I got 8260 for my birthday. When I searched the Brickshelf for the alternative models, I found only Zblj's forklift (which is awesome btw). The only possible idea that came to my mind was the DRAGSTER. It has got an adjustable wheelie bar that can also serve as the brake.

dragster04.jpg

dragster03.jpg

dragster02.jpg