Cobra - LEGO Technic 42117 K Model

My 9th alternate model of the 42117 Race Plane features prey attacking function, opening mouth, moveable head and articulated tail.

Wow! Man, I feel you can build literally anything even using only two parts. *oh2*

3 hours ago, Void_S said:

Wow! Man, I feel you can build literally anything even using only two parts. *oh2*

And with functions... wow! again.

BLUE DRAGON
is my second unofficial alternate model of the 42123 McLaren Senna GTR.
The Dragon reaches 55cm wingspan and measures 55cm in length.
The features include:

• Flapping wings by rotating the hidden wheel
  • Poseable neck and head
  • Opening mouth
  • Poseable legs
  • Poseable feet
  • Moving 3-section tail
  • Comes with a display stand but can stand as well perfectly on its own
  • 800x533.JPG800x533.jpg800x533.JPG

And thanks for the praise guys. I usually need a bit more than 2 piece even though a duck can be done using only 2 parts https://www.instagram.com/p/B_HsLthJmwD/

Whoooa! You keep raising the bar higher and higher! *oh2*

Is there a possibility to reverse the wheel rotation? I guess that the wings moves more accurate when reversed....

Edited by Void_S

14 hours ago, Void_S said:

Whoooa! You keep raising the bar higher and higher! *oh2*

Is there a possibility to reverse the wheel rotation? I guess that the wings moves more accurate when reversed....

Just change the position of the small gearwheels rotating the 0+ beams attached to the wings.

HELICOPTER

My 10th alternate model of the 42117 Race Plane features both rotors connected via drivetrain and moving front landing gear to make taxiing easier. The finished Helicopter measures 23.5cm in length and the rotor diameter is 18.5 cm.

On 6/11/2021 at 11:04 PM, Void_S said:

Grohl as a kid:

zidc5lbetbh41.jpg

7 hours ago, JimDude said:

Grohl as a kid:

zidc5lbetbh41.jpg

But in his case it will have at least 3 thechnic functions, ever being a single brick. I don't know how, but "imposiible" is just not about him. Last Dragon was a total overkill for me! 

BIRD

My second alternate of the Helicopter Polybag 30465 is a cute little bird with synchronized flapping wings that can be angled on their shoulder joints.

4 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Very creative alternate model! By the way, how did you find the helicopter polybag? It seems impossible to find in the USA.

Thank you. No problem to get it in Europe though. I would try Bricklink.

IMPORTANT APP UPDATE FOR 42100 SNOW GROOMER

In case you built my alternate model of 42100 and it stopped working recently, here is a video that can help with that.

BuWizz App is not supporting LEGO PU Hubs any longer so I switched to the LEGO Powered Up App and wrote a new code.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-48800/grohl/snow-groomer-42100-b-model/#details

Catamaran

is my 11th alternate model of the LEGO Technic 42117 Race Plane. The boat features a sail that has a counter-steering rudder and a small motorboat side build.

KANGAROO

is my 12th alternate model of the LEGO Technic 42117 Race Plane. The Kangaroo features poseable hind legs and feet, front legs, head and neck can be rotated, the tail and neck movement are linked together via a gear train. Comes with a pouch on the belly. 

K.I.T.T. - Lego Technic 42111 C Model

Knight Industries Two Thousand is a car based on Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 1982 from Knight Rider TV Series.
This model tries to get as close to the reference but using only pieces from a single LEGO Technic set. Therefore some corners had to be cut.
Dimensions: Length 38.5cm, Width 18.3cm, Height 11cm
The model features:
Independent front suspension
Rear live axle with differential
Front axle steering
V8 Fake engine
Opening doors
Opening trunk
Moving infrared scanner light in the front
Moving steering yoke
Additional details include cockpit tv screens, windshield wipers and rocket boosters, electromagnetic field generator and trajectory guidance system on the underside.

P1400821-2.jpg

Edited by grohl

Thank you for all the praise, guys.

In the meantime, brace yourselves. More 42117 alternates are coming. 19 are already finished.

Nice! Very inspiring that one can also have a lot of fun with just a small set! 

I took 42101-1 - Buggy with me on holidays and created three construction vehicles, very satisfying. Will publish them in the next couple of weeks,.

Edited by GerritvdG

48 minutes ago, GerritvdG said:

I took 42101-1 - Buggy with me on holidays and created three construction vehicles, very satisfying. Will publish them in the next couple of weeks.

Looking forward to seeing 'em!

1 hour ago, grohl said:

19 are already finished.

Holly molly! I thought it was about 6-7 models, 10 as a maximum *oh2*